I finally found out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally found out

I finally found out why I suck in leagues and Europeans do better all the time:

The circadian sleep cycle. This is a theory that says we all have peak times in our day when we are the most awake and alert and we concentrate better. It also says that during slower times our body slows down and we're not as alert and can't perform tasks as well.

The circadian "highs" are 9-11 AM, and 7-9 PM. The circadian "lows" are 1-3 PM and 2-4 AM.

Living in Arizona, I play league games in the afternoon: between noon and 4 PM approx...

I am in my circadian "low" when the europeans (like Siege's starting lineup) are peaking on their "high" There is hardly any comparison at this point, I don't have a chance in TWL. Yay for TWD and it's "anytime" games!
    I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Aren't the highs/lows stated related to core body temperature rather than sleep?

There's evidence that ppl are most alert not long after a nap, so those that play in the morning should be performing best, and those in the evening, worst. So it could be argued that you yanks have an advantage

Clearly if you want an edge over the superior europeans though, you should have a nap (with a dash of melatonin), and GET SOME SKILL! (only joking )
    Well, very simply, it's a biscuit, but it is also a cake - think of it as the transvestite of biscuits. They're about the size of, well, a biscuit, and they're basically a disc of sponge, with a bit of orange-flavour jelly on top, covered in a thin layer of chocolate.

Comment

uh... europeans on siege?
      'vet' is the new 'newb'.
      sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

what is Europe?
        To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
        brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

It sucks to be an europian. I'm stuck stupid times when people are only playing elim and other gay activities.
          Originally posted by Diakka
          Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Re: I finally found out

Originally posted by Webbb Llama v1.5
            I finally found out why I suck in leagues and Europeans do better all the time:

The circadian sleep cycle. This is a theory that says we all have peak times in our day when we are the most awake and alert and we concentrate better. It also says that during slower times our body slows down and we're not as alert and can't perform tasks as well.

The circadian "highs" are 9-11 AM, and 7-9 PM. The circadian "lows" are 1-3 PM and 2-4 AM.

Living in Arizona, I play league games in the afternoon: between noon and 4 PM approx...

I am in my circadian "low" when the europeans (like Siege's starting lineup) are peaking on their "high" There is hardly any comparison at this point, I don't have a chance in TWL. Yay for TWD and it's "anytime" games!
            That's perhaps the most elaborate excuse I've ever heard for being a shitty player. My hat goes off to you.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Er.. of Siege's starting lineup from last sesaon, only Blood and Bhang were Euro. The rest I believe were American.

That said, I personally wish that games would be between 10pm-1am EST because that's when I personally play the best. In fact that's when the best competition (overall) can be found among North American, or at least I've noticed.

-Epi
              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Someone told me Siege was European and I assumed they were right since the only Siege players I ever saw online were Crome, Raspi (Euro), LuKE*, and Blood (Euro). I assumed the rest of them were European so I never saw them. My mistake

Originally posted by Jaffacake

There's evidence that ppl are most alert not long after a nap, so those that play in the morning should be performing best, and those in the evening, worst. So it could be argued that you yanks have an advantage
                It's been proven that they are most alert during the times I mentioned, the circadian sleep cycle is a theory for why it happens, but scientists have proven that that does happen.
                I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                  I personally wish that games would be between 10pm-1am EST because that's when I personally play the best. In fact that's when the best competition (overall) can be found among North American, or at least I've noticed.

-Epi
                  Yah because those people don't have any school or jobs, so they can devote 16 hours a day to continuum.
                  Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

and then laugh at everyone else for having no skill. When they have no life.

Comment

Re: Re: I finally found out

Originally posted by Jason
                      That's perhaps the most elaborate excuse I've ever heard for being a shitty player. My hat goes off to you.
                      You fucker. Don't you remember 8 months ago when I spent 17 paragraphs blaming my shittiness on wind shifts over the Indian Ocean?

Comment

Jason, nice name.
                        As for my reply on this issue... I think games should be played at 5am est time. That is when i most enjoy playing this game, and since i enjoy it at that time, you should all have to stay up. This would also benefit europeans... not that i give a shit about europeans... thank you for listening.
                        Shhhh.

Comment

i like the game times. dont worry, the time is over 9pm in finland when most of the league matches are
                          jee

Comment

Originally posted by KayinNasaki
                            and then laugh at everyone else for having no skill. When they have no life.
                            Wiggers are white people pretending to be blacks. What will your title be? I think Wazn is fitting.
                            The individual, a prisoner. Humanity holding the key to the opression. Everyone a prisoner, holding a portion of the whole truth. And so the enigma perpetuates. Insentient, lifeless. Grinning mockingly at its creators through its cold, inanimate lips.
                            -Dys

Comment

I would rather be from virtually any country in europe than north american..

/nerf white trash and bush
                              PicHosting

Comment

Working...
                              X