• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Latrine
    wtfz
    ?!

jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pv=nrt
      for those with real short attention spans-grow up and be yourself, pussy.
      your'e like an elite textbook. i always read the really short parts of things
      Originally posted by Yoshiba
      i lag when i smoke weed

Comment

i didnt think youw ere an asshole untill 3 days ago when you were being a flamer to me , you do it to yourself
        I dont play this game anymore.

Comment

dillusion sports the bling bling in his gallery pic
          Originally posted by Yoshiba
          i lag when i smoke weed

Comment

Good for you, Tony
            I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Remember those posts both Ruby and Mitch made?
              Originally posted by Diakka
              Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Who is this Tony character anyway ?
                Originally posted by Disliked
                However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Originally posted by Annux
                  On September 27th, I attended a very enjoyable and insightful lecture regarding the Middle Eastern conflict, entitled “The Clash of Civilizations.” Professor Yerevant Abrahamian, the author of The Dawn of Two Revolutions, discussed the negative influence of media’s false portrayal of this .........
                  Traditionalist societies, however, stem from the word of God, originating in the Koran for Muslim believers. This clash of cultures was bound to originate an international conflict, according to Huntington. The Academic field immediately dismissed Huntington’s claim. The main criticism against him was the common sense approach of politics being made by states, and states pursuing national interests, not cultural ones. He even went so far as to say that America would weaken in the future due to the hybrid mixture of races and cultures, which is something that proved to be untrue as the US boomed (economically, politically, and militarily) at the end of the Cold War. The importance of bringing up Huntington’s Paradigm today is to further our understanding of how the media frames the crisis and originates the inherently frivolous, yet dangerously believable concept that the world is experiencing a clash of civilizations between modern day Western thought and traditionalist Islam culture.
                  “After months of coverage, I can honestly say that regular America knows the difference between Taliban and Autobon, but that’s about it,” was the professor’s opening line after a brief introduction about himself. He proceeded to explain the serious influence of media in today’s wired world of newspapers, television broadcasts, and open internet forums. The media, according to him, puts a spin on the crisis at hand. Not only does it interpret the facts to its’ own favor, it distorts reality and frames the situation to be what it really isn’t. The popular press is adamant about making us think that the Middle Eastern conflict is a cultural clash, not a political one. In fact, Islam is blamed for any and every problem that arises around the Muslim centers. “It’s the easy, convenient, lazy way of doing business,” the professor exclaims. By pinning a religion (and culture in some sense) for the actions of a minority of radical warmongers, the media fulfills our bloodlust by giving us a common enemy that we can actually see and feel around us. Searching for the real culprits such as Al-Queada, Osama Bin Laden, and the dozens of warlords that fund terrorist activities on a daily basis is a task too difficult to accomplish for the diligent authorities. And that is why we see newspaper articles called “Islamic Terror” with Osama Bin Laden on the cover, holding the Koran. Current-event magazines often flash facetious articles like “One True Faith is Tolerance,” a story about the evolution of Christianity versus Islam from the time of the crusades until modern day Palestine. Islam, as a religion, doesn’t explain how politics work, but the media has no problems blaming it for the action of an individual or a nation-state, since those things are tangible and actually require evidence, proof, and research to properly accuse and prosecute.
                  From the earliest days of America, there has been a tradition of prejudice and bias. American media has a tendency of dealing with political problems without delving into politics. The Professor vehemently argues that the White House, which seems to be openly racist and bent on destruction through a forced regime change, has a huge power grasp on the popular press. There are certain lines that the media can’t cross, out of fear of facing the consequences of being labeled unpatriotic or anti-sematic. When Al-Queda issued a statement of Bin Laden’s 4 political demands, two of which being the removal of troops from Saudi Arabia and the liberation of Palestine, the United States government asked the media not to publicize them. The “P” word in itself is being hushed. One could only imagine the end result of the government actually dealing with the political causes of terrorist attacks on American soil such as our bias foreign policy and occupation of territories that don’t belong to us. But by admitting that the “malicious terrorists, who envy and loathe our democratic and economics successes” actually had valid arguments against the US, who has acted like an imperial hegemon, would make the Presidential cabinet look weak and undemocratic. Instead, the government has found a successful tool that is simple to control and easy to manipulate. With every media headline and newsflash that we absorb, the population at large is further reinforcing the implanted image of a cultural conflict.
                  The most interesting thing about this lecture is that it really opened my eyes to what a huge impact the media has on each and every one of us. Besides the fact that we can’t escape it or voluntarily silence it, the media is our sole source of information on domestic and international news. The idea of an independent media, uncontrolled and unrestricted by any outside force, seems to be a given. After all, who would voluntarily listen or believe into something that we know was constructed propaganda, made by the higher authorities to appease and control us? This is something every American takes for granted, especially now that we are in a time of imminent and clear danger. I think the Professor was trying to say that each one of us has a duty to reexamine and revaluate every piece of information we hear, see, or read. It might even be a good idea to try and get news from sources we don’t usually interact with. BBC might give us a broader, fairer perspective on global news than CBS or NBC, for example. As for the culture clash ridicule, I feel that it’s crucial for everyone to understand the difference between a fanatical group of terrorists spreading hate and violence and a peaceful religion that does nothing more than propagate equality, justice, and toleration among all people. When the media tries to blur the line between political demands and cultural values is when we know is time to not be influenced. As civilians living in a world controlled by politicians, corporate sponsors, and network bosses, this is our sole line of defense in a battle for credible and accurate information.
                  1) My claim is that I have too many things that I need to spend money on, so my parents should send me $500, in order for me to be able to keep my mind on school.
                  2) My parents are definitely an unfriendly audience, at least in this instance, but I tried to treat them more as a neutral audience in order to make it seem as though I hadn’t done anything wrong to run out of money. At least at Tulane, I imagine most students run out of their parents’ money (assuming they’re given enough) for two reasons: drugs, and alcohol. My parents know that, and I know that. If I were to address the issue as, “The fuzz confiscated my bowl so I need another one, and I just finished off my last handle of Crown Russe,” then my parents would certainly be an unfriendly audience. However, since the impression I’m trying to present here is the impression that I’m out of money in part because I’m not doing drugs, I treat my parents as more of a neutral audience – wanting to help out their kid, and yet, wanting to hold onto (at least some of) their money. While I didn’t lay out the cons in my argument (The con is that my parents would like to keep their money. They know that one.), I certainly filled in the background (why I need money, and why I didn’t know I’d need money before), personalized the letter some, (“I imagine you can see the importance in me being able to go out with friends”). Perhaps, looking back, my passive-aggressive suggestion that I would just party more if they didn’t give me money (“I’m certain you guys wouldn’t mind me engaging in more wholesome activities”) wouldn’t read so “neutral audience” to an uninformed observer, but I’m sure my parents would know it was a joke.
                  3)Supports:
                  A. “worrying about penny pinching and/or getting a job is bothering me to the point of interfering with my schoolwork.” - I’d categorize this as an appeal to needs, because it’s saying that I need more money in order to get my schoolwork done effectively. This would be effective for my parents because I know they were worried that if I got a job my first semester that I would have too much to worry about and get strung out.
                  b. “The only free night activity around here is binge drinking, so if I ever wnt to go do something unique to New Orleans, such as see a jazz band, or even eat with friends, it costs money, and usually a good deal of it.” – This is more of a combination of evidence and an appeal to values. It names two of the activities that I’m “spending my money on” and it explains why I’d need to spend my money on these activities by pleading with my parents’ values that they wouldn’t want me binge drinking.
                  c. “Since I can’t leave campus to go to Wal-Mart on a whim, the only place nearby to go is the store that’s actually on campus. There, toothbrushes cost $4.50, combs are $1.50, and a pack of ten Bic pens is $2.39.” - This is pretty much just flat-out evidence, because I’m naming not just facts, but specific prices for specific items. I think this would be effective with my parents because they’d lived in the suburbs with a car and a CVS and Safeway nearby for so long that they’ve probably lost touch with what it’s like to live somewhere where everyday items don’t come so cheaply and easily.

Comment

you gotta see the bullshit i write for creative literature, oh man

Comment

Well..

I love you rushed
                      I'd like to complain about people who complain that people are complaining.

Comment

Re: asshole.

Originally posted by rushed
                        yeah well, as usual, I tried to start over, and I've had many accusations of who I am, and where I came from. Well of course, I am tony, just as everyone guesses or maybe they didn't guess? Nope, Of course not, A good friend of mine turned all of a sudden turned into an enemy and told most of elusive and the rest of the trench wars community. You know why I try to start over so much? cuz it's annoying getting over 20 messages a day describing how much of an asshole I am, and thats terrific! yahoo, for tony being an asshole, and yahoo for everyone hating me lol. However, I still think harassing someone on the internet about being an ass on a game is a little sad to put time into. But, I am pretty mean to some people using the terms, "go kill yourself" or "find some barbed wire and hang yourself with it." Those may be a little harsh due to lots of people are most likely not mentally stable in this game. I apologize to everyone I offended, yung, demonfaze, Mythril, I'm sure you know who you all are and, I will be changing my attitude as of today (October 7th), If I do offend you please tell me to just shut the fack up and I'm sure I'll catch myself and quiet down. If you'd like to approach me in subspace and talk to me about this, be sure to do so. That's all for now, Have fun in trench wars.
                        firstly, to reiterate the fact that your 'i'm going to be a good boy now' routine is old, doesn't work, and you're a fag for trying,
                        http://forums.trenchwars.org/forum/s...&threadid=1462

secondly, i'm glad it was revealed, because you deserved it

feel hurt that you got stabbed? try and remember the first time you 'quit subspace' so you could come back on siege with your elitist attitude and suddenly be a complete jackass to me and everyone you used to know

you brought it on yourself, you deserve no compassion, i'm ashamed i even talked to you on your stupid new name

why the hell bother even posting, you could give a shit about other people's opinions of you, that's certainly the appearance you give anyway

in short, fuck off, and

Originally posted by triceratops
                        shtu up
                        edit: had to add the triceratops touch
                        Last edited by eRad; 10-08-2002, 05:34 PM.
                        i'm bored

Comment

erad makes me laugh.
                          Shhhh.

Comment

Re: Re: asshole.

Originally posted by eRad

firstly, to reiterate the fact that your 'i'm going to be a good boy now' post is old, doesn't work, and you're a fag for trying,
                            http://forums.trenchwars.org/forum/s...&threadid=1462

secondly, i'm glad it was revealed, because you deserved it

feel hurt that you got stabbed? try and remember the first time you 'quit subspace' so you could come back on siege with your elitist attitude and suddenly be a complete jackass to me and everyone you used to know

you brought it on yourself, you deserve no compassion, i'm ashamed i even talked to you on your stupid new name

why the hell bother even posting, you could give a shit about other people's opinions of you, that's certainly the appearance you give anyway

in short, fuck off, and

edit: had to add the triceratops touch
                            U didnt even edit dipshit....
                            what a wannabe
                            i shouldnt talk
                            but still
                            why am i rambling
                            oh no im turning into sir gaunt
                            help me
                            HELP!
                            Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                            sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Working...
                            X