Strikeball and adverts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strikeball and adverts

I requested an advertisement for Strikeball tonight. Plob#f told me it isn't legal. Why not? My first guess is that it is because only 14 people can play. However, similar numbers are allowed in hockey and tourny, but those are still allowed. Furthermore, TWL (And even strikeball league) gets advertisements, and those are definately player limited. What gives?

P.S. Strikeball doesn't even require a host to be fun, so lazy ERs... take note.

Is plob#f even staff?
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Comment

He's a <zh shithead faggotface>.
      sage

Comment

I agree that Strikeball deserves to be hosted with the appropriate advertisements, 2 each day should be sufficient to lure people into that arena. It'd be a great way to get more players into the Strikeball scene and eventually into the league (a league that definately needs new players).

Don't forget about the eventbot if you want to play Strikeball
        Last edited by Pixelsong; 11-12-2004, 09:37 AM.
        Put your nose up and shake your rear, spread your wings out, have no fear

Comment

Hockey only gets an ad when it is hosted. same for strikeball.
          Originally posted by Kolar
          My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
          ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Thing is, hockey and strikeball are different.
            • Hockey without a host is not even worth playing. That's why it's only advertised when hosted.
            • Strikeball doesn't need a host. It is self-hosting and just needs players.

This is why I think it is illegal to advertise for Strikeball:

Why? The problem with non-hosted advertisements is that someone is going to get credit for the advertisement without working for it. If an <ER> advertises for Strikeball without hosting, that'll officially be 1 less game he has to host to meet his monthly quota. However this is less of a problem the higher ranked the advertising staff member is.

If there is a way to advertise for population, without anybody getting credit for it, I don't see where the problem would be. Just as long as the arena is self-hosting, like Strikeball, Warzone, base, tourny, etc.
            Last edited by Nockm; 11-12-2004, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I have no idea how the stats are tabulated at the end of each month, but isn't there a way that any ads with the word "strikeball" can be voided as far as stats go?
              Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

stikeball should be played more, all i say
                Code:
                1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
                1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
                1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
                1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
                1:lnx> kk
                1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

i hate strikeball
                  thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Working...
                  X