Terrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrier

Ok pretty new to the game (blah blah nOOb blah blah no skill...woteva) anyway....i found that im good at terrier, yes ok not as good as some ppl ie "Utopia"...but im learning......i go into base drop my portal.....kill some ppl try and avoid wbs and spiders cause i always die. <_< kill any ship i can with out dieing and when i get into base...do little tricks like.....place a portal in 1 orb of the base..and when the enemy invade...warp over, burst and fly back...hopefully killing 3 enemys....anyways....some guy...forget his name...had a go at me coz i wasnt terring properly.......what is terring properly?...whats wrong with what im doing? am i missing something?...or is he jus a fool? normally get bountys of 200-300 when in base,i know thats not a skill thing its more like a how long u have been alive.....so i must be doing something rite.....yeah any help/info/comments would be nice...thanks...plus it beats that (now) boring "O what the heck, nominate ur fav pub players" thread
    Last edited by My_wade; 11-15-2004, 04:39 PM.

Just ignore people like him and play your game.
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

:rolleyeso :rolleyeso :rolleyeso
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

There's no right way to terr. As long as it works, your good. Also, about the 200-300 bounty. That's basically only true if you have had the base the whole game (the game, ?go base)

Comment

yeah i jus started playing in "?go base"...didnt think i was good enuf to give it a go till now..last couple of gaming hours

Comment

Just remember, when you terr, don't be looking for kills, just dodge and drop bursts when you can.
            DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by cundor
              Just ignore people like him and play your game.
              this is totally right, and just play as you want to play
              terr in pub i think is harder then in ?go base from time to time when in pub there are 15 wb's chasing your ass
              Code:
              1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
              1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
              1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
              1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
              1:lnx> kk
              1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

newbs are soo cute.
                sigpic

Comment

just be like, "stfu and go back to lanc". then ignore him to prevent any response. :grin:
                  thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                    Just remember, when you terr, don't be looking for kills, just dodge and drop bursts when you can.
                    Well, some terrs are successful with a very aggressive style. It's fine to look for kills, just make sure you DON'T DIE.
                    Originally posted by Ward
                    OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

ahem....well thanks guys........pround to be a newbie really.......and never been a lanc.......yuk........anyway thanks to ppl that posted useful comments......and wot the hell thanks to the ppl that didnt :grin: ...cya around......Wade

Comment

Originally posted by My_wade
                        ahem....well thanks guys........pround to be a newbie really.......and never been a lanc.......yuk........anyway thanks to ppl that posted useful comments......and wot the hell thanks to the ppl that didnt :grin: ...cya around......Wade
                        wade glad to hear u ignore noob talks, but don't go off thinking that lancs are bad noobie ships. People play with different styles and have preferences over certain ships. There are several lanc players (some of em dont go online so often) that can really pull off quite nice shots :turned:

Comment

of course.......that was (eh? i wanna say a big word but cant) "wrong" of me....i wasnt implying that lancs are bad ships just that i dont personally play them (never have) and probally wont since i love the terr :wub: .but its good ship though.

Wade
                          Last edited by My_wade; 11-15-2004, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I hope it doesn't bother you for me to ask this, but would you mind easing up on the ellipses? With short posts like your last sentence it's not that bad but in longer ones like your first post in this thread it gets really distracting and annoying.

As for terring, there's no real "single" way to play. It's best to read to the way the arena is playing and adjust. Sometimes being aggressive works, but you have to know when to use it.

Comment

Lag helps too. You can't kill a laggy terr. :P I've found that good terring consists of good dodging, knowing burst shots and knowing when and when not to shoot. I like the newb warbirds who shoot you and miss then you hit em with one of your whimpy terr bullets and they die.
                              -Bubbles
                              Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
                              Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

Working...
                              X