Cram vs. Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nockm
    Very true, it is ineffective to limit a team to just one strategy.
    Yet that's what most people do. :P
    Originally posted by Diakka
    Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

If you are at the point where you can no longer hold your cram defense, there's no way you're going to be able to set up a decent line defense...
      sdg

Comment

I am teh squad owner of the squad but aint the squad captain in twd .. o.o but ya ill tell t3rr next time we will CRAM we almost beat Dg too 30 secs omfg... we need to stop the losing streak jeez.
        TWLD Champion 2014
        TWDTB Champion 2013
        TWDTB Champion 2016
        TWDTB Champion 2017
        TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
        -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Oh... this old chestnut.
          Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

Lining is now the last line of defense when the terrier is killed or when the cram is lost, nothing more these days.

Comment

So then, besides the amount of people playing, why is lining far more effective in pub? 've seen a really good line defense that kept the flag room for easily 20 minutes, only having a single enemy terr slip in but easily taken out

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
              .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

The amount of people playing.

The amount of sharks and javs.

The fact that in pub, there is almost always less people willing to attack the base than defend it.

The amount of people that lack knowing what the hell to do.
                sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                  The amount of people playing.

The amount of sharks and javs.

The fact that in pub, there is almost always less people willing to attack the base than defend it.

The amount of people that lack knowing what the hell to do.
                  The lack of team coordination is also key.

Comment

With the right spider / shark distribution and the terrier rotating to each side with the jav roaming the top, the line can be unbreakable. It only takes a well organized team, sharks can still rotate in line easily, jav can easily follow the the side with the less amount of spiders. The reason why cram is good because you get your spiders tight in that little god damn spot and u shoot ur nasty red shit down without hardly getting hit. I think they are both effective, however, what im trying to point out that line is also good if you have knowledgable basers, not retards like a retard basing squad that dont know what they are doing....... so they cram.... know what i mean eh? if not, who cares, time to go to bed, the chicken is callin
                    I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

Well the best cram will always be better than the best line. If no one ever makes a mistake you can cram forever.
                      sdg

Comment

The same could be said of lining. It's just slightly easier to make a mistake.
                        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

One thing I think that makes cram, especially when you actually push out into mid base, it either centers the main defense in one area(under the flag, the spiders firing down into the overlapping fields of fire) which makes it easy for one or two shots to kill the main defense, especially if the shark is lacking repels. Or, it goes to the other extreme of thining the defense out where you have your main weapons patrolling the large area that is mid base compared to the entrance of the flag room which is quite small. With a team of 8 or 6, when lining, if you do it correctly, you can effectively cut off the flag room, by using the entrance of the flag room itself as the bait. Remember, when defending, the enemy has to come to you, not the other way around. With a team of 8, that's one terr, one shark, and then whatever else you prefer. Either 6 spiders to fully cover the single line that the enemy has to come into to make it to the flag where they have little defense and almost no dodging room, or a combination of spiders, a jav and maybe another shark. When lining you seperate your team, but not enough to thin them out, but you also keep them close together, but again not enough to be all taken out by one shot. 've watched a team of two javs decimate a cramming team that hung out under the flag and in the entrance tube firing in that overlapping blanket. All it takes is a few well placed and well timed bursts of fire from a pair of spiders to either pry all the reps from the opposing shark and/or kill it, and then the javs are free to rotate fire bombing that one concentrated area. When cramming in terms of not actually going out into mid base, the defense may have a flood of fire, but they also have little to no dodging room, just as the assailents have little to none when the defense is lining. That's not a good situation, to place most of your defense in an area where they have little room to defend themselves. With cramming you can bait the shark out of rep range, then slip a bomb or two in from a distant position(there's that one angle that sends a bomb up through one of the side tunnel holes and then it bounces and hits under or near the flag). With lining, if they are smart, baiting doesn't work as well, because as I said if they are smart, they have no reason to take the bait as you have to come to them, they don't have to come to you.
                          Last edited by SpiderMage; 12-14-2004, 03:32 AM.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                          .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Bring back basing strategies that aren't a fucking bore.
                            Originally posted by Ward
                            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond
                              Bring back basing strategies that aren't a fucking bore.
                              Also: Bring back levis

and: Allow weasels

:turned:
                              END MESSAGE

Comment

I JUST WANTED TO WRITE SOMETHING BIG TOO.
                                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X