Nyclebot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nyclebot

Last night before I left for work I went to a hosted event, think shade did it, ?go doubledoors or something

Anyway, before we started the game a message came up for something like nyclebot or something, don't remember it's name but it was an anti TK bot, where for this event it was set to if you TKed once, you were specced for a certain amount of minutes then allowed back in.

So is this a bot that's being tested to be used everywhere or was it a one time thing?

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
    .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

I made a TK watcher for twbot... that's probably what it was. TK's "dissolve" after a certain ammount of time and a certain number get you spec'd for a certain ammount of time.
    Ban Ikrit

Comment

So was it just a random once in a while thing or is it going to be used permanently soon?

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
      .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

it's a twbot module, hosts can choose to use it or not.
        Ban Ikrit

Comment

I see. It would be nice if it was used in pubs though

.Halo.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderMage
            I see. It would be nice if it was used in pubs though
            I agree. 5 minute penalty for each tk. Multiple tks (2fer tks) result in 10+ minutes at a time.
            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

team kills with sharks and javs are going to happen, no matter how experienced the player is, that seems a bit harsh. maybe if it was like 4 tks in "x" amount of minutes. then you would see its intentional and not just accidents which are going to happen.

NO Boys Allowed Forums

NoBA status:Recuiting

NO comment by lunar here what so ever

Enjoys: Stealing Dameon angells kills

Comment

Yeah, what Suzie-Q said would be neat, even if it meant I couldn't TK levs in retaliation anymore.

Also, make teamkills not add a death. $
                FREE MANDELA

Comment

Originally posted by Stultus
                  Yeah, what Suzie-Q said would be neat, even if it meant I couldn't TK levs in retaliation anymore.

Also, make teamkills not add a death. $
                  not really possible with a bot, the death stuff is client/server related.
                  Ban Ikrit

Comment

That bot will only be useful in certain arenas and subgames. Otherwise noone would ever shark because they'd get specced every minute or so.

As much as everyont thinks that teamkills are bad, they are a built-in failsafe and a necessity. They can also be a strategy; I can force almost as many enemy TK deaths as I can get conventional kills.

Comment

Oh, to clarify, I meant adding a loss to the player's rec, not their actual state of being alive/dead. It should be relatively simple to change some subgame setting for no +loss on TKs, right?
                      FREE MANDELA

Comment

Originally posted by Suzie-Q.
                        team kills with sharks and javs are going to happen, no matter how experienced the player is, that seems a bit harsh. maybe if it was like 4 tks in "x" amount of minutes. then you would see its intentional and not just accidents which are going to happen.
                        problem with taht. it was used in in a game of turretwarz and 1 repped bomb/mine can tk 10 ppl, so its a little unfair to go by just total tks/time

Comment

a NYCLEbot?

That'd be cool :P

Comment

Originally posted by Nycle
                            a NYCLEbot?

That'd be cool :P
                            So u arent anyhow connected with creation of this bot? :grin:
                            Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Comment

Not really, for as far as I know, the TK watcher has been there for months already.

But it's buggy and never used.

Comment

Working...
                              X