New ?go Javs arena alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ?go Javs arena alternatives

Yea i was thinking again, and it occurred to me that what works for pub, should work for Jav arenas. Like how there are 3-4 different pub arenas going at once, that all carry the same REC when u go from one arena to the next, maybe its possible to link up a few popular jav arenas (Example: alongside Javs, we can have Javstech and Javs2 or another newly made map for this cause) and have players allowed to play in them. But just like how pub has its rules, I think its time to implement the TWJD line into those arenas so people are only allowed 30 seconds outside of base, or be specced for a period of time (15 seconds in spec is already annoying enough for the player to not do it constantly). I was wondering if you guys thought this was a good idea, then i'll probably ask staffers how we can go about doing it. If not 3-4, Just TWO would be a great change.

The line would be nice too.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

How about 2 more maps, exactly the same as javs, allowing people to play the same map if it's overcrowded.

The welcome message to ?go javs could be something like "This arena too crowded? Fancy a change of opponents? Try out ?go javs3 or ?go javs4" instead of that stupid "Go Javs! Go Javs!" that it has now.
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Yea but that's where we can go above and beyond pub, by having alternative maps that are kinda similar but not quite. Like I mean Javstech is pretty much identical to Javs except for tileset and some features along the side and top
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.

Comment

Doubt it's possible.
        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

I like the idea.. the whole kill outside base isn't that big of a problem.. who cares if you get killed once outside base?
          Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

You just don't play there enough to know it, but people go out of their way to stay around in the spawn area. If that's the case, what's the base for? Plus, adding the line also moves one step closer in making it a better practice arena for TWLJ.
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.

Comment

i like the idea, but it would involve churning out some more bots.
              thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
                Yea i was thinking again
                Not again...!!! :P

Comment

get a no lingering line, or make a no lingering box for purepub.
                  PURE HATRED> i cannot dodge your bombs AND my teammates
                  pv=nrt> YOU ARE MINE PRINCESS iNgeNfyRe
                  hogo> iNgeNfyRe Just got HoE'D
                  Dark Moogoo> psst, bring the cookies and cream

Comment

Bring back shrap!
                    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim

Comment

i tried to fix that in ?go sealjavs

no spawning since freq 0 spawns on left side and freq 1 on right side. Dont have time/patience to improve the area wih implenting the spawn with a safezone, so bombs wont go in. It would be a spawn free arena in this case.

if anyone wants to improve ya can have the source.

Comment

I still want a safe spawn in pub.

That is, if you make greening levs illegal. $
                        FREE MANDELA

Comment

But then you'd get people camping the safes. Unless that was made illegal too.

Comment

safe zones have different exits. it's easier for someone to goto a other exit than for a camper to goto a other exit.

Comment

make a safe with walls around it and a wormhole so when you are ready to go, you can warp out ha.
                              PURE HATRED> i cannot dodge your bombs AND my teammates
                              pv=nrt> YOU ARE MINE PRINCESS iNgeNfyRe
                              hogo> iNgeNfyRe Just got HoE'D
                              Dark Moogoo> psst, bring the cookies and cream

Comment

Working...
                              X