PurePub Leviathan version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PurePub Leviathan version

Not sure if this was considered before; but this may have been a far simplier solution to the levi problem in basing:

-Give the Leviathan new settings that would make it more of a usable/fair basing ship in PurePub.
    Call it a Leviathan Jr. or light.

Instead of GuanoBot not allowing ship4, use that ship4 slot to design a new basing ship with slightly different settings.

As for the changes, perhaps other players/staff might be able to conceive a new lighter leviathan for basing.

Obviously the L3 Bomb would have to go, maybe have a L2 non-bounce bomb, or increase it's rotation and thrust.

I just thought of it today, I'm interested to see if any others would consider it.

I mean we have no ship4 in PurePubs, we have room for another unique or alternative leviathan.

lol... all GuanoBot would have to do is not allow private freqs.

I know another New Pub Idea thread, I think many players are feeling bored with same old pubs.... honestly, I still love to play and have fun, but I'm getting bored with it as well and wish something new happened with pubs basing.

All pubs use the same settings... change one, you change them all.
    Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

If that is the case, couldn't GuanoBot change the settings of leviathans in the designated PurePub arenas?

I'm sure it could be done, just if there is a will for it.

I thought more ship variations may add to the pub basing experience; overall its just an idea that hit me today.

Unfortunately, Za Gopher's "New Basing Ship" thread is closed; but that goes to show some players want to see changes as there was a lot of feedback.

I support the idea of getting rid of cloak for the weasel, but maintaining the small size; I support Za Gopher's idea.
      But if the weasel lost its cloak, it should get some improvements; the main reason I like the weasel is the 1 tile size, its nifty to slide into FR and take it some shots.

Personaly, I'm in favor of changes to both the leviathan and weasel; I'm sure there is many variations of ships that we all could come up with.

We could have a Leviathan/Weasel Ship Revision Design Contest, and then put each entry into a forum poll. Then submit it to the staff for approval or consideration for future revisions.
      Last edited by WiseCherub; 01-30-2005, 07:18 AM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that settings can't be changed within public arenas at all without changing the rest.

I'm personally of the opinion that levis should be changed/improved permanently, but there are lots of people that like the current settings that would oppose it.
        Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

I LT'ed yesterday and had a blast, was a sweet trip down memory lane
          Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by WiseCherub
            If that is the case, couldn't GuanoBot change the settings of leviathans in the designated PurePub arenas?

I'm sure it could be done, just if there is a will for it.

I thought more ship variations may add to the pub basing experience; overall its just an idea that hit me today.

Unfortunately, Za Gopher's "New Basing Ship" thread is closed; but that goes to show some players want to see changes as there was a lot of feedback.

I support the idea of getting rid of cloak for the weasel, but maintaining the small size; I support Za Gopher's idea.
            But if the weasel lost its cloak, it should get some improvements; the main reason I like the weasel is the 1 tile size, its nifty to slide into FR and take it some shots.

Personaly, I'm in favor of changes to both the leviathan and weasel; I'm sure there is many variations of ships that we all could come up with.

We could have a Leviathan/Weasel Ship Revision Design Contest, and then put each entry into a forum poll. Then submit it to the staff for approval or consideration for future revisions.
            good, because the weasel causes a lot more problems than LTs even

Comment

Originally posted by Tone
              good, because the weasel causes a lot more problems than LTs even
              You truly are an idiot.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
              .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Tone
                the weasel causes a lot more problems than LTs even
                Oh, piss off.
                G[y]Ro> omfg
                G[y]Ro> u nerds
                G[y]Ro> NERDS
                G[y]Ro> ALL OF U

Comment

Tone, I'm not anti weasel but I'm in favour of a solution that would improve purepub basing. BTW, I think LTs are way worse than cloaking weasels. I don't cry when a weasel rapes me, I just try my best to survive. The best solution for a warbird (which I use alot) is to fly around erratically (fast), I know for a weasel it makes it way tougher to strike.

Concerning the weasel cloaking problem, well there is 3 ships that can detect it and basing is all about good teaming. But after during some basing research with the weasel, I have come to the conclusion it's cloaking ability is pretty useless. Why? Well if you play purepub nowadays we have many many Javs in FR, and its extremely hard to wreck havoc on the FR as others put it. I would gladly give up weasel cloak ability, retain its 1 tile size for other improvements to make it more of a worthy ship. I like the current changes to the weasel making it a bit more agile.

This thread is about what do we do to modify the leviathan so it can participate in purepub basing.

Back to the leviathan, if it loses it's L3 Bomb; it should atleast have an L2 Bomb but what would it gain? I'm sure the staff who maintain the settings could figure something out that would maintain the balance.

The main problem is the levi trademark, it's L3 Bomb; if it had an L2 Bomb then it would just be another JAV. Obviously with basing, the splash damage is a killer, maybe it's splash damage range could be modified, not sure if this can be done.

We can all only hope that something happens in the future to ship design changes, they seem to happen once every year, lol. The staff of this zone will have the final say, nothing we can do about it but offer feedback.

Comment

Working...
                  X