?go base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?go base

Another ?go base thread, yes.. I were playing today and we had a 7v7 game due to lack of players.. One guy on our team was afk so it made it 6v7.. we still had a slight chance untill their cap kills off the game by adding the guy we were using as sub.. Unable to understand that he were ruining the game.. We all spec so we can fix the game again, and when staff goes in to fix it he immediatly asks for cap and gets to go again.. I mean, why should players who does such a poor job at being captain get to go again.. Shouldn't staff be slightly aware of who is fit for being a cap and starting a game in ?go base?

When base only has 15-16 ppl and it looks like it's dying, shouldn't staff atleast try to pick some1 they know is a decent player who won't fuck up the game?

I'm just tired of seeing newbies who can't manige to cap a freq gets cap over and over again. (I don't mind some newbies getting to cap and play at ?go base from time to time, after all, we need new players to learn this game. But letting the ones who can't to the job get cap over and over is just stupid)
    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

suprisingly, i think staff have other things to do than sit in ?go base all day looking at who is a better cap than who.

if a cap is doing something wrong, tell a member of staff about it, BEFORE they become cap again.. waiting until it is all over then resorting to another base thread on these forums will not help much for your game.
    04.07.05 08:59

Comment

Originally posted by Noah
      Shouldn't staff be slightly aware of who is fit for being a cap and starting a game in ?go base?
      with the amount of people floating in and out of this game on a daily basis, staff would only know whos a good cap,if the staff knew them. and i agree it can be annoying when the "newer cap" picks a bad terr and then later is like, "well how to i change them round", and u gotta explaine it all and blah blah. but it doesnt help if every1 is like "OMFG GOD LOOK AT THE NOOB CAP, FFS <staff members name> MAKE ME CAP, FUCKING NEWB". on average you get what, including picking time and short/long matches, about im going to take a guess at 40-50 games in ?go base a day. and most of the time you get a good cap, or atleast 1 that can pick a mildly good team. so just let the newer players cap if they call it first, and just wait till the next game, and if a cap really has a problem, then mention it to a staff member that happens to be there (normally there is a staffer in there actaully playing), in PM. let them decide.

NO Boys Allowed Forums

NoBA status:Recuiting

NO comment by lunar here what so ever

Enjoys: Stealing Dameon angells kills

Comment

I generally give cap to whoever says "cap" first. Unless I know they were cap last game, then I give it to someone else.
        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
        ---A few minutes later---
        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
        9:Kim> UM
        9:Kim> i didn't
        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

I'd rather staff not start go base unless they know two people will be good caps. go base doesn't have to be running 24x7.

Or if the person is unknown, at least take a few seconds to ask 1) do you know how to cap and 2) are you going to wb/lanc/jav every single person on the team?

Comment

true geek..

Tibro, I tried to tell the staff who restarted it to not cap the player since I saw him yelling out cap first.. I got ignored and he got cap. And he totally ruined the game and sent the few ppl who already were there to other arenas.

Suzie.. That's the point, they don't.. But if they recognize a person from earlier and they know that the person is capable of picking a team to have a fun equal game then they should choose him.

It's just so much easier to come in, ask for caps, and just look at the first 2 guys and cap them. Rather than actually looking at the players who are there. If they want to give it to newbies then they should wait untill the arena has enough ppl so it won't be a danger of killing of the arena..

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

have it like the old days, the best 2 terrs are picked and they cap

Comment

I still want to have a few newbies cap now and then.. After all we need new players.. Just not when we really need a fair game to keep base alive

Comment

most of the staffers that start base at that point of the day (i was there that game) have never played a base game, or been in very few, so don't know who to cap... so they cap the first one that asks..
                  Code:
                  1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
                  1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
                  1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
                  1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
                  1:lnx> kk
                  1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

then why don't they put a little effort in finding out to ensure quality?

Comment

ask them not me
                      Code:
                      1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
                      1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
                      1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
                      1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
                      1:lnx> kk
                      1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Working...
                      X