2:epor> .
    2:IcER> .
    2:H0blin G0blin> ..
    2:Shas'la T'au Kais> quit copying me.
    2:Krazie_Killer> damn it hoblin!
    2:epor> lol
    2:Krazie_Killer> you had to ruin it!

Comment

superdave worked hard on those, or atleast worked on them.
      anyway, sprint is practically the same thing. that's been hosted 2 days in a row.
      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

I like the new fishies map
        Always loved fishies
        A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

If the GFX are to stay like this, I would suggest some small modifications to the map and settings to add to the realism.

Sharks don't kill other fish by spitting bones. In fact, there isn't a creature on this planet that kills it's prey using said method. It's absurd. So I'm thinking maybe sharks should have inverted reps like in ?go art. Of course they would be weakened to only attract prey a few ship lengths away, but when you have about 20 sharks crowding the safe, you don't need a huge range on anything. Then instead of shooting bones, short range teeth could become the bullets, creating the illusion that fish are being eaten.

With these kind of changes, the safe zone would have to be widened significantly.
          Most games of fishies or capture never last more than 5 minutes, and after the winner is decided, he will then be killed almost every time on a final run. Having a wider safe zone, considering the vast numbers of players that can turn up for this event, can extend the length of the game to a more enjoyable level. For the times when less players turn up, gates could be placed over the safes so the furtherest sides can be appropriately closed off.
          And fishies shouldn't be able to shoot at all, a la superbeast or dodgeball. When was the last time you saw a minnow devour a grey nurse shark?

Of course this is just an idea. Comments? Suggestions?

Comment

I like the idea of the fishies shooting clams
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.
            . â–²
            ▲ ▲

Comment

Originally posted by Kontrolz
              Yea, I think it's safe to say that most everyone agrees that the graphics change in ?go fishies is HORRIBLE.
              YES, IT FUCKING SUCKS.

YOU RUINED FISHIES U EGOMANIAC MORONS.

BRING
              BACK
              THE
              OLD
              SCHOOL
              top 100 basers list

Comment

oh and the fishies in the maze below the main fishies game was fun too, host that more!
                top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy
                  If the GFX are to stay like this, I would suggest some small modifications to the map and settings to add to the realism.

Sharks don't kill other fish by spitting bones. In fact, there isn't a creature on this planet that kills it's prey using said method. It's absurd. So I'm thinking maybe sharks should have inverted reps like in ?go art. Of course they would be weakened to only attract prey a few ship lengths away, but when you have about 20 sharks crowding the safe, you don't need a huge range on anything. Then instead of shooting bones, short range teeth could become the bullets, creating the illusion that fish are being eaten.

With these kind of changes, the safe zone would have to be widened significantly.
                  Most games of fishies or capture never last more than 5 minutes, and after the winner is decided, he will then be killed almost every time on a final run. Having a wider safe zone, considering the vast numbers of players that can turn up for this event, can extend the length of the game to a more enjoyable level. For the times when less players turn up, gates could be placed over the safes so the furtherest sides can be appropriately closed off.
                  And fishies shouldn't be able to shoot at all, a la superbeast or dodgeball. When was the last time you saw a minnow devour a grey nurse shark?

Of course this is just an idea. Comments? Suggestions?

widening the safe area would be nice it would provide improved longevity to the game...
                  it would be nice to if the safe area was reduced each round... it would also be nice, that way people would get in always wanting to get a new rec...
                  A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Even though the name of the event is fishies, don't take it literally. It was an awesome event. Then ruined by a horrible lvz. With these suggestions you would bury it. Stop trying to make a 2d spaceship game into something it is not. If something, you should know by now that lvz's aren't needed to make good events. In fact, they usually only make everything worse.

The various things that made fishies a good event are gone now.

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse
                      oh and the fishies in the maze below the main fishies game was fun too, host that more!
                      awww i never saw that!
                      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoor
                        Even though the name of the event is fishies, don't take it literally. It was an awesome event. Then ruined by a horrible lvz. With these suggestions you would bury it. Stop trying to make a 2d spaceship game into something it is not. If something, you should know by now that lvz's aren't needed to make good events. In fact, they usually only make everything worse.

The various things that made fishies a good event are gone now.
                        Well you still have capture, the exact same thing as old fishies bar different map. So if they want to use fishies as a tool to experiment with the concept, so be it.

Comment

Well you still have capture, the exact same thing as old fishies bar different map. So if they want to use fishies as a tool to experiment with the concept, so be it.
                          Yes but that has a lousy map. It doesn't work with the event as good as the one in fishies.

Comment

oh ya ghoulgames used to be the best event ever...until those retarded LVL's were added and they made that stupid shipset
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

Yeah, I loved fishies for a while but this new lvl is kinda crap.

Comment

Yeah, switch back too the old fishies....It was WAY more fun, and easier. The best we have now is ?go capture. When you're the last one, it's TOO hard
                                WiL>How doi fire?
                                J M Power>Esc + Q
                                WiL left arena
                                J M Power>LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X