Private Basing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ewan
    , the last thing we want is to make basing a more elitist community than it already is.
    the elite basing community is funny, in the sense that becoming a good baser requires almost no skill and anyone can do it with a bit of practice and knowledge.

most 3 league squads who don't even practice basing still manage to win vs. pure basing squads a good part of the time.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

private basing is old? I remember back when we'd still used to base in pubz, those were the days yo.

who is this nockm-newbie?

Comment

My Diso forum ID is lower than yours. Just something I noticed yesterday... :wub:

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse
          most 3 league squads who don't even practice basing still manage to win vs. pure basing squads a good part of the time.

not really, though basing squad trying to duel succed less than dueling squads trying to base
          Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

whining in go base > whining in go #mythrandir
            I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrus
              not really, though basing squad trying to duel succed less than dueling squads trying to base
              well in the 3 listed TWLB's and 1 listed TWLB-Cup, there's eight spots, and 6 of them are occupied by 3-league squads (diso/pallies/light), the other 2 are single appearances from Anti-Scrub and Spastic.

Dice looks like a championship contender this year, and they're (imo) a jav squad, even if their chances of winning base are probably better.

And we all know basing squads success in other leagues is pretty bleak. And when it's not, it's normally not the actual basers playing, they simple recruited wbs/javs to play for them, whereas most of the basing starters on say -f- or pallies excel in other leagues.

don't get me wrong, i love basing and i think basing squads are sweet, but i find 'elitism' in basing more of a pubbers wet dream come to life than actually extremely talented people a cut above from the rest.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

Well... the main difference between dueling (wb/jav) and base is:

Dueling: Don't die.
                Basing: Just don't die too much.

I haven't seen anyone bring that up before and it seems to me to be the most important distinction between the two.

So dueling takes more carefulness, or at least skill to be careful. That is, until basing ships are specced at 50 deaths.

But don't forget the having fun part!

Comment

It would just be the same ppl as in ?go base. No need for it.
                  Regency> not in for dd lol
                  Regency> would rather eat some cock ;<

Comment

?go #secretbase
                    this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
                    (:3=

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse
                      the elite basing community is funny, in the sense that becoming a good baser requires almost no skill and anyone can do it with a bit of practice and knowledge.

The reason people want private basing is because in basing, having fun is directly related to how good the people with you/against you are. In private basing, good basers are more attracted to it because of the 'exclusiveness'. You can pretty much pick and choose your fellow players. Well, I guess that would be in a perfect world.

You'd be surprised how many good basers don't even play ?go base anymore because it sucks so bad these days.

Now, having said all that, making #mythrandir again will NEVER work. We tried it a few times and all that happens is you get a few good people, then they start spreading the word to their squad chats or whatever, and you soon have a crappy private version of ?go base with no one to use as subs.

I guess talk of private basing coming back is some kind of dim hope that it might be more fun than ?go base. :P

I also gotta agree with Nockm when he says that a lot of people talk about their 'good old days' in #mythrandir etc. to try and get some kind of oldschool 'cred' or something. If you read the TW Memories thread, it's full of that kind of stuff. :P
                      Last edited by Stabwound; 02-11-2005, 04:58 PM.
                      sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                        I also gotta agree with Nockm when he says that a lot of people talk about their 'good old days' in #mythrandir etc. to try and get some kind of oldschool 'cred' or something. If you read the TW Memories thread, it's full of that kind of stuff. :P
                        #mythrandir wasnt that old. So if your trying to say "i was there" ur pretty much not saying anything cause alot of us "where there", most just didnt know about the arena. Second off I agree that yes ?go Base is not as fun as private basing. Private basing is an adrenaline rush...kind of like fight club for gamers

rule 1 - dont talk about #mythrandir
                        rule 2 - only good people get picked
                        rule 3 - dont talk about #mythrandir

sept the word got out :P
                        1:AvenDragon> jason, what do you think of animals
                        1:Jason> hm? what kind of animals?
                        1:AvenDragon> um...soft ones
                        1:Jason> i dunno, animals are cool i suppose
                        1:AvenDragon> :/
                        1:AvenDragon> what about dogs that poop?
                        1:Jason> everyone shits, no biggie
                        1:AvenDragon> u know...ur so right

Comment

Originally posted by dchao
                          ?go #secretbase
                          going
                          thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Edify
                            going
                            Ha :fear:
                            TWLD Champion 2014
                            TWDTB Champion 2013
                            TWDTB Champion 2016
                            TWDTB Champion 2017
                            TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                            -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Originally posted by avendragon
                              #mythrandir wasnt that old. So if your trying to say "i was there" ur pretty much not saying anything cause alot of us "where there", most just didnt know about the arena. Second off I agree that yes ?go Base is not as fun as private basing. Private basing is an adrenaline rush...kind of like fight club for gamers

rule 1 - dont talk about #mythrandir
                              rule 2 - only good people get picked
                              rule 3 - dont talk about #mythrandir

sept the word got out :P
                              It might be cool to introduce a new rule... "if this is your first time at ?go base, you have to play"

Jeansi: the private "basing" we do 1vs1 in spec can't really be called basing... It's more like cybering or something.
                              6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                              3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                                There IS private basing already :shifty:
                                where? :P

Comment

Working...
                                X