• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-TWLB Short Movie - Juice

Download it here:

http://nubilesteve.com/download.php?file=juice.wmv

[Huge thanks to Jerome for hosting]

..:: Juice Pre-TWLB 2005 Intro ::..

After seeing various movies for other games, I was interested to see one for subspace. Yet there were none, well, none that were any good. I decided to take a shot at creating my own. I borrowed some software and downloaded a load of shareware stuff and had some fun

This movie is around 7 minutes long, and comes in at a whopping 134mb .wmv - due to its high quality. I had a lot of trouble and grief with this size and could have compressed it to an xvid or divx but decided not to as a lot of people without the right codecs/programs will be unable to watch it. Since a lot of people have fast connections and jerome doesnt mind hosting this movie on his webspace for the fairly limited number of people that download it, I decided to leave it this size. The advantage is that this movie should play on any PC with windows media player (fairly current version). I tried it on my mates old P1000 laptop and it was smooth as it is on my monster.

Please bear in mind a few things with this movie:

a) its the first one i've ever made
    b) it was made in around 4 evenings, so a total of only ~10 hours of work and recording. we only had one bd in the time i was videoing, so thats the one i put in. I have a job and plenty of other things to do with my time.
    c) some of the footage is dodgy, i.e. blurred/videoed with lag and compounded by low fps
    d) some of the editing is dodgy, theres one particular bit where i cant control the music and it starts playing again when it should be quiet :\
    e) its relevant to the present day, so statements made in the movie may not be 100% true next week Rosters in particular are hugely subject to change.

Temporary invites to Juice and/or Juice forums benefits to the first of you to guess who the music is by!! (well, 3 out of the 4 songs would be good enough).

Hopefully if this movie does anything, it will inspire you guys to try and make your own that is better!

Lastly, enjoy

Xu
    jerome> dude i love subspace so much, it's the best chat client ever, even comes with a free mini game with ships, irc doesnt have shit on us

First 2 reply, bummer of the size though...
    Good thing my internet ain't all that slow!

Comment

You know you can see your chat at the end of that? If that chat was secret it's not anymore

Comment

Haha, I thought it was pretty good.

but

137MB for 6:32? You really should have encoded it in something other than windows media format. :grin:
        sdg

Comment

Sheesh I wish my laptop wasn't in the shop, pavement's PC doesn't have speakers.
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

that was fun to watch ^_^ what proggie you use? i wanna make one
            Big Chill

Comment

Call anything proggie again and people will die.
              sage

Comment

hey wow that was fantastic!!!

i loved watching it it was hilarious

you should capture juice's whole season then make like a 1 hour video on your season that would be F'ing sweet

keep it up!

PS - that fucking slo-mo of you was crazy i can't believe you managed to survive $$$
                top 100 basers list

Comment

Proggie
                  Big Chill

Comment

Ohh I wanna see... but is too big for me hehe... who are they playing?! If they play RB ... I'll watch it. ^-^
                    AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

enjoyable, a promising first movie.
                      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Entertaining, but worth the download?... I'm still not sure.
                        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

very good, i really enjoyed that, made better by the fact that im in it :grin: ,even if it is only a small part with me blowing up :fear:

NO Boys Allowed Forums

NoBA status:Recuiting

NO comment by lunar here what so ever

Enjoys: Stealing Dameon angells kills

Comment

XU PLAYS WoW!

Comment

level 15 on euro servers already and they only opened yesterday
                              jerome> dude i love subspace so much, it's the best chat client ever, even comes with a free mini game with ships, irc doesnt have shit on us

Comment

Working...
                              X