Spawner ending suggestion??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawner ending suggestion??

I think a positive change towards making pubs more team and base oriented, the arenas should be altered in two ways:

1 ) No private frequencies:0 or 1 only. Maybe an exception would be captains and assistants could create a freq. (I mentioned this in the "Weasel Nerfed" thread.")

B ) Spawning in an easy to get clear of safe zone. Take away the skeet shooting aspect of the below base area.

My other idea of TK limits I think might be unworkable at the moment, so I won't argue it here. I think I've seen the freq issue discussed here but not the safe zone idea.

What say you?

adding a safe zone to spawn area would make that now large space essentially a waste of space.
    Maybe freq's spawn in opposite sides of the spawn area, so accidental spawns are cut down. You could even go so far as to have them spawn in either safe zone, (left/right) and priv freqs in the bottom safe zone.
    I don't think eliminating priv freqs is the best idea though.

Originally posted by Disliked
    Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
    +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Why have a huge spawn zone surrounding the base in the first place? Why not just have a really big base with people spawning inside a big room in the base, like castle courtyard. Right now, the base represents only a small fraction of the entire playing area. Just imagine a colossally large base with the spawn zone being a larger version of the current mid base.

Comment

how about the team with the flag spawns in the FR and the teams w/o the flag spawn outside :grin:
        PURE HATRED> i cannot dodge your bombs AND my teammates
        pv=nrt> YOU ARE MINE PRINCESS iNgeNfyRe
        hogo> iNgeNfyRe Just got HoE'D
        Dark Moogoo> psst, bring the cookies and cream

Comment

whoa that would be a pretty crazy game... but would eliminate the need for bt, and weasels could sneakily steal the flag and mess up everyones spawning and generally cause havoc.

I like troll kings suggestion, Tw is supposed to be all about basing, so why not just have 1 big base?

Originally posted by Disliked
          Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
          +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

there are already two pubs with private freqs disabled, and to be honest who gives a shit about ppl spawning u in pubs.

Comment

the pubs are fine how it is, if u dont like it try EG; they got big ugly spawn areas.
              Originally posted by Kolar
              My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
              ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Originally posted by CloudHelmut
                I think a positive change towards making pubs more team and base oriented, the arenas should be altered in two ways:

1 ) No private frequencies:0 or 1 only. Maybe an exception would be captains and assistants could create a freq. (I mentioned this in the "Weasel Nerfed" thread.")

B ) Spawning in an easy to get clear of safe zone. Take away the skeet shooting aspect of the below base area.

My other idea of TK limits I think might be unworkable at the moment, so I won't argue it here. I think I've seen the freq issue discussed here but not the safe zone idea.

What say you?
                i think this is almost good idea. well many zones example EG and hmm Halo CTF has auto running games. so what if pub would have autmatic time race to 10-20min and everytime ppl die freq 0 get spawned to elft safe and freq 1 to right safe. then there would be some line from safes to flagroom example transparent line. so newbies would find way to base. and everytime new game starts both teams get spawned to both ears so newbies find out what is the idea of TW
                www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

i agree with due and golden,pubs are fine how they are, and u cant change the base that would be all screwy

and never touch priv freqs settings :annoyed:
                  Reinstate Sarien
                  ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

I'm not actually complaining about the way they are now. I take spawning as part of the game and do it myself sometimes. If you don't then the guy is just as likely to shoot you. Also, I do play other zones when I'm sick of the pubs.

I just think the way it's set up now discourages team play.

Suzie-Q said:
                    and never touch priv freqs settings
                    I can understand that feeling. I often like to go solo, simply cause I'm sick of both teams. But I think a little modification of the map to change to safe zone spawning wouldn't be that disruptive. There is a LOT of empty space for a map that's supposed to be about basing and "the trenches".

edit to add:
                    You should note that in my suggestion you, as a captain of no-boys, would still be allowed to make private channels. :fear:

Also, I like JeBu's idea about having auto timed games with separate spawn sites- remind everybody what the point of the game is once in a while.
                    Last edited by CloudHelmut; 02-26-2005, 03:39 PM.

Comment

*YawN*

Having a safe zone as a spawn area is bad... firstly, sharks can mine around it and poor ppl will ram it when they go out, ppl will stay outside and shoot whoever gets out of the safe (I.E: Wb/weasel)... bad bad idea... have you seen EG?! Is mad how ppl will get greens and stay at safe and lame ppl who just died... AND Lev can just peak out and shoot when they see someone .... then go back in safe and get ez green?! <_<
                      AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

*yawn*

Those are easy problems to address.

Comment

*yawn*

Those are easy problems to address.
                          Mind telling us how? (and no, not the super huuuuge spawn area) <_<
                          AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

I trust the admins are creative enough to come up with some ideas. Separate spawn sites for the freqs has already been suggested. If not that, then something like:

Where you have lots of shelter and different pathways out. Then lots of open space around it so people have to try to snipe without cover. Both those things make mining a big waste too. Because of the low fire rate in TW, I don't think escaping a safe zone should be that difficult.

That's just something I whipped off in 5 min. I'm sure there is a better model.

Comment

What say you?
                              Don't be retarded. People who ask to get rid of priv freqs are people who aren't good enough to fight them. Practice more.

Originally posted by Troll King
                              Why have a huge spawn zone surrounding the base in the first place? Why not just have a really big base with people spawning inside a big room in the base, like castle courtyard. Right now, the base represents only a small fraction of the entire playing area. Just imagine a colossally large base with the spawn zone being a larger version of the current mid base.
                              Now that's actually a pretty cool idea... There should be a lot more discussion about this
                              3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
                              3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
                              MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

Working...
                              X