Documenting changes:news.txt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documenting changes:news.txt

This as a suggestion: I ?help'd this same thing a while ago.
    Why doesn't higher staff with the ability to change the news change it to reflect new changes (for example, the changes to weasel) and various helpful things like that.
    I mean, other zones make full use of the news but tw is just slack. How hard is it to write up a paragraph and stick it on the news? (incidentally, its possibly the best way to get news of events and changes, twl match times and everything to players, as they get it before they log on)
    Its nice to know things and currently, very hard to know.

Originally posted by Disliked
    Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
    +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Good Idea.
    help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

hmm...i dont know either.
      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

there should be a special key and if u press it u can see if I am online or not

like A or C or any other button

coz it is important if I m playing or not and everyone should know it :fear:
        WE WANT OUR CLOAKS BACK!

hatelist:
        tone (destroyed weasels/is a whiner), BobR (is an asshole), Vitron (tried to tk me), ZeUs!!, Tibro, pandagirl89 (is a dumb lil girl), Golden Sun (called me a "fucktard"), Exotic

disciple: "Overburn" :wub: me!

A.D.A.

anti-deutschpunkrevolte-alliance

Comment

Originally posted by deutschpunkrevolte
          there should be a special key and if u press it u can see if I am online or not

like A or C or any other button

coz it is important if I m playing or not and everyone should know it :fear:
          this is so people can avoid your spam i presume?

as for the news.. constant changes means constant news downloads... this can and will get very annoying every time you want to log on just to have a quick 5 minutes in ?go javs or whatever..
          04.07.05 08:59

Comment

if u play enough u know what has changed if not u will not notice it.

it is fine how it is, i always hate to d/l the news papier from HZ.
            Originally posted by Kolar
            My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
            ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Is too hard to change it... and if it gets updated it daily, then it'll be annoying to enter the zone and have the news thingy pop up...
              AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

You don't have to read it. Just press cancel :P

Comment

The main problem is that people have gotten used to just clicking the thing away right after it pops up and they won't read it. So that couple of minutes is a waste of time for the staffer. Also, the people that care to read the thing they probably read the forums when they get online anyway, so they'd just know 2 minutes later.
                  Ban Ikrit

Comment

Just use the news.txt to announce really really important stuff. It's so damn annoying to download it all the time in other zones.

Comment

I wasn't suggesting daily or even weekly changes, we don't need to know every trivial decision and minor change. But its hardly used and it seems wasteful to let such a feature go to waste.

Originally posted by Disliked
                      Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                      +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Most people don't care about changed settings, TWL game times etc.

It might be a good way to increase the popularity of TWD and TWL though to announce at least the start of season and the winners in a zone news.txt instead of only doing it on tw.org.
                        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                        5: Da1andonly> =((
                        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

thoes new weasel settings suck so hard!

bring the last setting back!! (be4 this one)
                          Originally posted by Kolar
                          My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                          ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

I once knew this guy who clicked "OK" right away when the News.txt downloaded. I think that it would be a waste of time to write any new or relevant information in News.txt now because I saw him do that. I mean... I know a lot of people actually do read it, but this one guy? He was in the habit of just pressing "OK" immediately. So for him... let's never update the News.txt.
                            3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
                            3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
                            MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

Working...
                            X