Another Weasel change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Weasel change?

It might just be the NyQuil influencing my judgement, but was the Weasel tweaked again? It seems like boosting drains a lot less energy now. If this is a NyQuil-induced illusion, I've gotta chug this shit more often. Otherwise, a big thank you to whoever came up with this idea. I completely overlooked it. It hasn't fixed the ship entirely, but it's a big step in the right direction. Big props.
    Originally posted by Tone
    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
    Originally posted by the_paul
    Gargle battery acid fuckface
    Originally posted by Material Girl
    I tried downloading a soundcard

shrug I have noticed no such change, but i seem incapable of the thrust+shoot that many others in all ships seem capable of. I don't know, but why should I?

Originally posted by Disliked
    Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
    +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

I don't think boosting has changed but I have noticed that the bullets are a little faster now.
      Mmmmrrrrrow meow meeeeowww mew meow. ~swishes tails~ =^.^=

Comment

My head's clear now, and the Weasel does indeed burn less energy when boosting. As far as compensation for the stealth+cloak drain goes, this is pretty nice. Thanks again.
        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.

Comment

I also noticed, not 100% sure, but I think the weasel recharge rate is a tiny bit faster than before.

Yeah, with the recent nerf, they should rightfully compensate the weasel in another way.

Ohya, another thing:

If you hold down shift+uparrow+then press control for fire, you can fire while boosting with the Weasel.

Now with the Warbird, why can't you do this?

Someone told me it has something to do with the weasel having repel in the past.

Comment

Remap your repel key to something else so that the game doesn't think you're trying to repel. Even then not all ships can do the thrust shot. I think only Terrier and Weasel can do it. Warbird shots are nightmarish enough without thrust anyway.

Comment

I heard somewhere that wbs used to be able to boost shot but it got disabled due to abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Theif of Time
                I heard somewhere that wbs used to be able to boost shot but it got disabled due to abuse.

Yeah the thrust shoot was disabled.

Comment

How do you "abuse" thrust shots? Get good at them? B)

Comment

I told upper staff about it and asked if it would be changed. You have to remap your key def to do this and from what I understand it wasn't an intented change ,just an oversight.

I know you guys will say "yeah fuck you, you just hate the weasel" but this makes the weasel into a suicide bomber, not an Assassin type ship that could be used for public basing. If the idea of this ship is to be sneeky, stealthly.. to make sure your target never knew you where there then trusting is only making the weasel issue worse because if you guys like this ability then we can't even agree on a fucking class or function, fuck balancing settings.
                    Last edited by Kolar; 03-07-2005, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I was playing the other day and a there was a freq of two weasels playing. It was kind of fun fighting them radar only. They seem to stick to cloak only - no stealth radar. They weren't chicken either- dogfighting in mid. If they had a nice shot fast shot and a little less rotation speed (so they can't dodge quite so well) they could be a cool part of the game. Maybe we could give them back cheap energy cloak but limit the stealth radar?? (actually I think in effect thats how the new settings are)

Then maybe give the javs a bit more energy drain on their x-radar to discourage their use as weasel hunters by newbies?
                      edit to defend this suggestion:
                      -Good javs use their bullets to tag a cloaker so he has to uncloak to recharge; a little more energy drain shouldn't stop that. They also are able to take decent shots just flicking the xradar.
                      -Newb javs fire off a bunch of bombs & leave their xradar on longer than they need. Maybe it'll stop some of the more foolish shots.
                      Last edited by CloudHelmut; 03-07-2005, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hogo
                        Yeah the thrust shoot was disabled.
                        Goddamn, and I thought all the time that i forgot how to do it..
                        DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                        Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                        Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                        -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
                          I know you guys will say "yeah fuck you, you just hate the weasel" but this makes the weasel into a suicide bomber, not an Assassin type ship that could be used for public basing. If the idea of this ship is to be sneeky, stealthly.. to make sure your target never knew you where there then trusting is only making the weasel issue worse because if you guys like this ability then we can't even agree on a fucking class or function, fuck balancing settings.
                          When the ship was changed in the first place the idea of "balancing settings" was thrown out the window anyway. Pin it on any scapegoat you like, but it's pretty obvious the change was made to silence Tone and his disciples, at the price of the ship's balance becoming severely damaged.

Yes, I know you hate ship six. That's not the point. I hate ship one because it's piloted mainly by spawning dickheads, but you don't see me lobbying for it to be changed. I hate ship four because people only use them to piss the entire arena off, yet you keep feeding it steroids to beef it up. But I digress. Ship six was (and still is, despite efforts to cripple its effectiveness) an equalizer, and a damn good one, against both.

Now for a few suggestions of my own since I haven't thrown any out. Keep the thrust drain where it is now to aid in evasion, keep the thrust shot intact, and to get rid of the "suicide bomber" strategy, beef the Weasel's energy up to 1200 and change the energy requirements for a shot from 650 single and 725 multi to something like 875 and 950. I say increase the energy because it's still way too easy for it to be picked off by a Lanc just pointing in its direction and firing. Oh, and to silence the people who don't like it sneaking through holes, as well as those who just can't aim at a ship that small, go ahead and make it big again and give it rep+rocket back. That way it can serve as, gasp, a normal basing ship, while still retaining its "assassin" credentials.
                          Last edited by PH; 03-07-2005, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Pure Hatred, I really don't think you are helping your cause saying mods made decisions "just to silence whiners". You focus too much on the whiners that disagree with you.

Anyway, I agree the weasel should get a energy boost. It's a frustrating ship to drive when a lev shot hitting a wall a mile away kills you.

I don't think we should worry about those who complain about it's size, at least for pubs. When you are kind of stuck with a weak team, you sometimes need that little guy to shake up the flag room. Making it a bit slower would be a better way to make it easier to hit. IMHO. I'm not opposed to giving it back it's repel. Can't the weasel currently buy rockets?

Comment

In a way it does seem that staff made changes because of complaints (not neccesarily to silence them)
                              I mean, Tone complains: later weasel is changed.
                              there are Complaints about the change: weasel gets energy boost.
                              Just looking at these facts it seems clear that bringing things to staffs attention will in many cases cause them to be changed. (aka the squeeky wheel gets the grease)

Weasel can indeed buy rockets... useful things they are but frustrating when you get tk'd/killed on attach/sniped or strayed by far away wbs, wasting points. No other ship has this problem as bad when they buy things, they're all more maneuverable.

Comment

Working...
                              X