this streak nonsense in ?go javs has to stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this streak nonsense in ?go javs has to stop

i ask that you stop bringing a twbot into the ?go javs arena and loading up the streak module. it's a useless endeavor, and it totally fucking kills the arena. you get, at the very least, a dozen newbies with a hard on over the prospect of seeing their name pop up in an arena message. fueled by this bullshit vanity, they stop at nothing to rack up kill after kill and arena message after arena message. this makes for one giant clusterfuck in the spawn area. hardly anyone goes to base. most either spawn outright or float at the entrance lobbing bombs into base. this kind of play is absolutely not the intent of the ?go javs map.

get rid of the streak stuff. okie dokie baby?

edit: in anticipation of a staffer telling me that the streak module is voted upon with the poll module from time to time, i submit to you that those votes never represent more than a third of the arena's population because too many players can't seem to tackle the daunting task of pm'ing the bot with their answer.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

If they can't PM the bot, they're either too new to be bothered about a streak, or they just don't care enough either way and are therefore neutral.

Comment

I don't play ?go javs or anything but I've always hated streak modules in all their forms, IMHO its just pointless spam thats unignorable and clutters up your screen.

Originally posted by Disliked
      Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
      +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
        i ask that you stop bringing a twbot into the ?go javs arena and loading up the streak module. it's a useless endeavor, and it totally fucking kills the arena. you get, at the very least, a dozen newbies with a hard on over the prospect of seeing their name pop up in an arena message. fueled by this bullshit vanity, they stop at nothing to rack up kill after kill and arena message after arena message. this makes for one giant clusterfuck in the spawn area. hardly anyone goes to base. most either spawn outright or float at the entrance lobbing bombs into base. this kind of play is absolutely not the intent of the ?go javs map.

get rid of the streak stuff. okie dokie baby?

edit: in anticipation of a staffer telling me that the streak module is voted upon with the poll module from time to time, i submit to you that those votes never represent more than a third of the arena's population because too many players can't seem to tackle the daunting task of pm'ing the bot with their answer.
        yeah, its annoying. the whole chat is filled with little green messages saying "Streak: _____"!

atleast set that thing to 5 kills or more, not 3. likewise the one after that would be 10.
        thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
          If they can't PM the bot, they're either too new to be bothered about a streak, or they just don't care enough either way and are therefore neutral.
          the reality of the situation is quite the contrary. they're too new to understand how the polling system works, yet they cry out in jubilation constantly every time their name pops up in an arena message.

"YESSSSSSS!! 5-0 I'M ON A RAMPAGE EZ NEWBS YOU LIKE DAT? YO MAMMY LIKED IT, YA HEARD? SHEEEE-ITT!"

that kind of crap on top of the clusterfuck in spawn makes for a very strong case against the streak module. the damn thing is just useless.
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Yesterday (saturday evening) that twbot with streak was in ?go base.. Luckily it wasn't long.
            megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
            L K> taught u what?
            megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
            9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
            9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

I say its fine to use streakbot anytime you wish as LONG AS there is an <ER> hosting the event. Most of the time that streakbot just gets left in ?go Javs and is forgot about until the next day or somethin.
              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
              Failure teaches success.
              . â–²
              ▲ ▲

Comment

yeah, i have no problem with a host using streaks during an event. i always assumed that was the module's intended purpose anyway. it's definitely not cool to leave it laying around though.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Is the streaks really that annoying? then don't play in ?go javs. Not that we need any streaks there anyways. Who's the looser putting the damn bot there anyways?

Comment

I found it amusing first but then I noticed I completely altered my way of playing after the bot came and started yelling streaks
                    last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

its true, the bot does promote spawning. i'll remove it whenever i'm around.
                      DELETED

Comment

LOL at streak bots.

I wish we had them for real life. "Eph has gotten laid for 5 days in a row!"

Comment

but that would promote spawning IRL eph. The closest equivalent would be murdering of babies.

Originally posted by Disliked
                          Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                          +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

i think a better analogy would be that it would make business boom for the local hookers
                            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X