No announcement yet.

Enough jacking with the settings, guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, WBs were changed around 2001... They took more energy to fire the bullets... I noticed immediately since I got used to firing a bullet and being able to get a 2nd bullet off quicker... But they changed it and messed up my timing ever since...

Comment

I don't see how putting in TK bots is so difficult. If you tk 5 ppl in 10 minutes, you're banned for 30 seems light to me. Could be 5 ppl in an hr.

That being said the amount of reports of newbies will go way up, so have the bot warn you with different warnings.

1.TK is illegal fucker -- thats where you kill your own team (yellow ships)
      2.Look, you're not reading. Shoot the other team
      3.Ok buddy, think your tough? Us bots can only be pushed so far
      4.I'm WARNING YOU!
      5.EAT MY ASS, TKER!

Just a suggestion.
      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

"Stop playing pubs" isn't a solution. It's pretty much a summation of the entire goddamned problem.
        I think it might be a solution for all those whiners who complain about every single changes. Guess what? You can go run your own server. Then you can lock the settings and throw away the key. Paradise. Only invite your friends so no idiot newbs TK u and throw you into a rage.

I only play in pubs, so I actually care about the pub settings but I'm not a big crybaby who loses it every time they modify a setting. It's a fucking game that YOU DON"T OWN, deal with it people.

Comment

You don't know me very well. I'm not "losing it". I'm just asking staff to stop trying to fix things that aren't even broken, and to stop using ineffective methods to fix things that ARE broken. If I was "losing it" I think you'd know by the "Banned" that would magically appear under my name.
          Originally posted by Tone
          It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
          Originally posted by the_paul
          Gargle battery acid fuckface
          Originally posted by Material Girl
          I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
            I don't see how putting in TK bots is so difficult. If you tk 5 ppl in 10 minutes, you're banned for 30 seems light to me. Could be 5 ppl in an hr.

That being said the amount of reports of newbies will go way up, so have the bot warn you with different warnings.

1.TK is illegal fucker -- thats where you kill your own team (yellow ships)
            2.Look, you're not reading. Shoot the other team
            3.Ok buddy, think your tough? Us bots can only be pushed so far
            4.I'm WARNING YOU!
            5.EAT MY ASS, TKER!

Just a suggestion.

So then with one rep and I can make someone halfway to being banned in just a second? Automation is not the way to go.

Comment

But you do seem to complain about every change.

But anyways, if we are being all rational I'll say these two sentences from your first post:
              Weasels are not and have never been the culprit for 99% of the teamkills that inexperienced Javelins commit.
              Javelins (good ones, at least) were the number one defense against Weasels.
              Don't quite go together. I've personally noticed that when the number of weasels playing in the pub goes up, so does the number of terrs and javs. Greening to xradar is not tough- the good javs will still be able to be weasel gaurds. This is hardly a "crippling" of your fav ship.

Comment

That's news to me. What pub(s) do you play in? The ones I stick to always have an average amount of terrs and a ridiculously high number of javs, regardless of how many weasels are around. I don't know why so many people insist on using a bomber ship if they don't know what they're doing. Is it the prospect of lucking out and getting a 4fer out of nowhere? The thrill of being oh-so-close to wiping out your team with every bomb you launch? Regardless of what it is, once again the inexperienced jav players, while not entirely at fault, have cost experienced jav players a valuable asset.

Yes, I'm complaining about it because it's stupid. Staff is punishing players for their own ineptitude at keeping pubs fresh, competitive and fun, first with the weasel and now this. I'm sorry I'm not a spawning WB who is unfazed by the fact that staff is slowly killing basing. When I don't like something, I speak out. I do my best to keep my bitching in one thread, but for every retarded change that I dislike and/or that I deem detrimental to the game or just retarded I will make a thread and vent in the hopes of getting the change revoked or at least reviewed. That's what this section of the forums is for. To let staff know shit. Maybe I'm more outspoken than your average player, but that's because being outspoken seems to be the only way to get shit done around here.
                Last edited by PH; 03-09-2005, 10:59 PM.
                Originally posted by Tone
                It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                Originally posted by the_paul
                Gargle battery acid fuckface
                Originally posted by Material Girl
                I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

The main thing that disturbs me, is why don't the staff have a link on the TW webpage "CURRENT SHIP SETTINGS"?

Just to inform us players of any changes that are hard to notice. Like I read in here that they slowed down the warbird? wtf..

I agree stop playing with the ship settings every few weeks.

Comment

Pure Hatred said:
                    I don't know why so many people insist on using a bomber ship if they don't know what they're doing.
                    I think it's because the "one hit" idea and the limited bombing in TW is just very different from other zones the newbs come from. When they notice only two ships can bomb, it's a cinch which one they'll choose.

The problems you note with javs are valid, but they are really a part of learning the different style of TW. Some of what you propose is workable. I really think that best solution to it is consant reminding (human and bot) and maybe kicking javs that TK too much. I would think a ref bot could tell the ship type a player is in so sharks could be exempted. I don't like the limiting who gets which ship idea.
                    Last edited by CloudHelmut; 03-09-2005, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CloudHelmut
                      only two ships can bomb, it's a cinch which one they'll choose.
                      hi

levi
                      jav
                      shark

kthxbye

<3
                      PURE HATRED> i cannot dodge your bombs AND my teammates
                      pv=nrt> YOU ARE MINE PRINCESS iNgeNfyRe
                      hogo> iNgeNfyRe Just got HoE'D
                      Dark Moogoo> psst, bring the cookies and cream

Comment

With no forward velocity on bombs, it's safe to say newbs don't consider sharks "bombers"

I have played the game. Thanks <_<

Comment

And we all know how successful bombers who don't move are.

Comment

i really don't think the vast number of incompetent javs has anything to do with newbs from other zones. people always seem to blame their skill level on them being new to tw, but its always the same people making the same stupid mistakes.

as for ship setting changes, i think the lance has basically been improved to the point where its a playable ship, thats a good thing. removing javelin radar is a mistake though, no matter what the x settings are, there should be more than one person able to defend against x stealthed and cloaked or not. the x was fine the way it was.

Comment

Maybe you are right, but who cares? My world has been rocked by the new knowledge that sharks are bombers and moving is good! It's like I've been playing a whole different game.

Comment

I get most of my kills on people who fail to realize that.

Comment

Working...
                                X