X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, bloodilus
    Originally Posted by HeavenSent
    You won't have to wait another 4 years.
    There wont be another election for president.
    Obama is the Omega President.
    http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

i dont find sharp that much of a problem, i think it adds another 'dimention'.
      Aliases: Tomer, Golan, Tg

Comment

Because Ethiopia is located so close to Europe, it's easy to mistake

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Shrap in Baseelim

Originally posted by Webbb Llama v1.5
          He's Ethiopian
          Oh shit, really? Maybe I should send the poor fellow a sandwhich.

My bad for calling him a Fin. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Fins and Estonians rather similar in terms of culture anyway?
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

<--- Has never heard of Estonia
            I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Estonia

Haven't even heard about a small country near (under in the map) Finland? Okies, now you have heard about it.
              http://www.tallinn.ee/ web site of Estonian capital city. OMG! Nearly same langue than finnish!

Btw, Estonia was before (year 1991) a part of Russia.

Comment

Well I'd have to agree with tobe here 100 percent. Its probably never going to get removed from baseelim.

I even wrote a huge article why shrapnel was bad in leagues which fortunetely enough was heard and not implemented in leagues. In that article I didn't even once mention to take out shrap from elim because I already knew my efforts would just be futile.

As a matter of fact the ?go javs arena was much better when there wasn't shrapnel. An instead of things taking a turn for the better, they've taken a turn for the worse with practically all the javs maps now implementing sharpnel.

As many people already know, I practically never play elim due to the reason of shrap and the fact I generally don't like the attitude which prevals there. Its my preference and I'd probably stick with it. Thats just the way I handle shrapnel there.

Now people are probably going to point out that there is now sharpnel in ?go javs map which I play regularly. This is because I got used to the map and eventually started to deal with the shrapnel after it got introduced. Also, there are usually less people who play there so random shrapnel is also less of a factor. I enjoy playing there so I guess thats really all that counts

Well in conclusion I guess my point mainly is this topic is/was probably done to death As long as it stays out of leagues where it is definetely not welcome, I guess I could remain content
                Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

Id say taking it out would be the best case scenario. *hint hint* DoCk>

Comment

Heh shrap where can I start? I've been trying to get them to remove this for three years now. I've posted a zillion messages, hounded staff, and talked to dock so many times about it that I think if I mention it again he'll just axe me :P I don't think shrap will ever dissapear. The last time I complained enough so that dock make the shrap move slower and in set positions, but he also made it one-hit kill. This was in response to me complaining that shrap is random.

Never mind the fact that set directions, 1-hit kill with 20 people in baseelim is still basically random.. but that's another argument. I don't think shrap will ever dissapear

-Epi
                    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                      Heh shrap where can I start? I've been trying to get them to remove this for three years now. I've posted a zillion messages, hounded staff, and talked to dock so many times about it that I think if I mention it again he'll just axe me :P I don't think shrap will ever dissapear. The last time I complained enough so that dock make the shrap move slower and in set positions, but he also made it one-hit kill. This was in response to me complaining that shrap is random.

Never mind the fact that set directions, 1-hit kill with 20 people in baseelim is still basically random.. but that's another argument. I don't think shrap will ever dissapear

-Epi
                      It already went in set directions LONG before it was slowed and made more powerful. At least a couple years now...

Shrap moves so slow now, if you get hit by it, you deserve to die.

Aiming shrap is still easy. Start with just aiming it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sphonk

It already went in set directions LONG before it was slowed and made more powerful. At least a couple years now...

Shrap moves so slow now, if you get hit by it, you deserve to die.

Aiming shrap is still easy. Start with just aiming it up.
                        Ok hotshot, drop by baseelim sometime. Play a few rounds. I'd like to see you dodge every single shrap that ever comes at you. Due to the design of the map and the fact that there are often 20+ people crammed into the base, shrap does nothing but add a frustratingly annoying element to the game. Sure you can dodge it sometimes. Sure you can aim it sometimes. It's those times where it just comes flying out of nowhere and there's absolutely nothing that you can do about it that make shrap a worthless random element that doesn't really fit into the game.
                        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

isn't one of the main reasons that shrap exists, to shorten the length of games?
                          i'm not saying i'm for shrap, i'm not, but i see why its there.

Comment

Shrappy Doo!

People have been arguing about shrapnel since the day it was introduced into Subspace. I do not expect it to change.

Hypothetical Scenario:

Shrapnel is lame and causes strays. Let's remove them.
                            The splash damage from the explosions is unfair and can kill somebody even if your aim is way off. Let's reduce the radius to the size of a bullet.
                            The base is too crowded, let's make it alot more spacey and remove the walls.
                            Now the ships are too slow and games take too long in the open spaces. Let's speed them up and the weapon speed too.

Finally everybody is happy. Yay, and the people rejoice.

Random Newbie> ?help What's the difference between ?go elim and ?go baseelim???

Nice Pants

Comment

Re: Shrappy Doo!

Originally posted by Arilou Lalee'lay
                              People have been arguing about shrapnel since the day it was introduced into Subspace. I do not expect it to change.

Hypothetical Scenario:

Shrapnel is lame and causes strays. Let's remove them.
                              The splash damage from the explosions is unfair and can kill somebody even if your aim is way off. Let's reduce the radius to the size of a bullet.
                              The base is too crowded, let's make it alot more spacey and remove the walls.
                              Now the ships are too slow and games take too long in the open spaces. Let's speed them up and the weapon speed too.

Finally everybody is happy. Yay, and the people rejoice.

Random Newbie> ?help What's the difference between ?go elim and ?go baseelim???

Nice Pants
                              Your counter-argument contains one of the most common fallacies in all of debating. It's what's called the snowball effect. You see, you're taking one thing and immediately jumping to one conclusion, then the next, with each conclusion more severe than the previous one. You can't assume such a chain of events will necessarily take place based on one single action.
                              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

twlj map still has walls on my screen.
                                Aliases: Tomer, Golan, Tg

Comment

Working...
                                X