Shrap in Baseelim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arr, indeed!

Sharp infact does many wonderful things in base elim.

A) It shortens games.

B) It adds a sense of tension.

C) It gives newbies a chance to do SOMETHING

D) It pisses people off (priceless)

... In truth there is no "luck". There is calculated risk, something I used to take alot of. No ones on screen, a bunch of blues on the radar? Fire up at them and hopefully take them out with shrap. If I hit it wasnt "luck". I planned on it. I just never expected success. I just decided "theres roughly a 30% chance I'll kill someone"... hey why not? Anyone who passes up that for reasons of lameless is an idiot. Just like with spiking. I usually don't go out of my way to spike, but if someones coming right at me. Oh well

But OK. We can surely tone sharp down a little. Could we, I dunno, give it a shorter life? I don't know if its possible with shrap or not, but if you gave it a life of about a screen or a bit less, would either see it in creation or be most unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by KayinNasaki
      ... In truth there is no "luck". There is calculated risk, something I used to take alot of. No ones on screen, a bunch of blues on the radar? Fire up at them and hopefully take them out with shrap. If I hit it wasnt "luck". I planned on it. I just never expected success. I just decided "theres roughly a 30% chance I'll kill someone"... hey why not? Anyone who passes up that for reasons of lameless is an idiot. Just like with spiking. I usually don't go out of my way to spike, but if someones coming right at me. Oh well
      And because of ppl just shooting bombs at some place 'hoping' a shrap hits someone shrap should be removed... I actually know a few great places in baseelim where u can 'plan' shraps I think you can get like 5 freekills a game that way.. But I hate it, because it has nothing to do with skill and is pure dumb fucking luck and lame. And if that is really what you like try and go to a zone called T3 The Gaunlet.

-bram

Comment

you're just mad because you're too fat to move quickly
        plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

bram if you know those spots wouldnt you aviod them? so who cares if other people hit those spots. Leave shrap its fun, the elims are full of shit heads anyway why not keep'em pissed. They are gonna be like that anyway.
          To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
          brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Originally posted by pv=nrt
            bram if you know those spots wouldnt you aviod them? so who cares if other people hit those spots. Leave shrap its fun, the elims are full of shit heads anyway why not keep'em pissed. They are gonna be like that anyway.
            i've never agreed with someone so much in my life.
            plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Because its lame, eh?

Until your cheating or using bugs, there is no lame. Because virtually all lame stratagies can be beaten. As a man who commonly steals 16 year olds quarters at the arcade playing Soul Calibur, I can assure you they can whine as much as the average base elim player. "THATS LAME! THATS CHEAP! THATS NO FUN". Of course, kicking there ass isnt that fun (Besides listening to him whine)... But then then another coldhearted, play-to-win player comes up and then its a different story. Truth is, eople rather whine about things not being fair then learning how to avoid them.

Really, lameness is just a delusion.

Comment

Originally posted by KayinNasaki
                Because its lame, eh?

Until your cheating or using bugs, there is no lame. Because virtually all lame stratagies can be beaten. As a man who commonly steals 16 year olds quarters at the arcade playing Soul Calibur, I can assure you they can whine as much as the average base elim player. "THATS LAME! THATS CHEAP! THATS NO FUN". Of course, kicking there ass isnt that fun (Besides listening to him whine)... But then then another coldhearted, play-to-win player comes up and then its a different story. Truth is, eople rather whine about things not being fair then learning how to avoid them.

Really, lameness is just a delusion.
                I bet he called you a wazn because of the komono
                (Psst.. you're white)
                The individual, a prisoner. Humanity holding the key to the opression. Everyone a prisoner, holding a portion of the whole truth. And so the enigma perpetuates. Insentient, lifeless. Grinning mockingly at its creators through its cold, inanimate lips.
                -Dys

Comment

ALl white people should look like Reepicheep

Comment

And?

Behaving a way or having intrest in a culture just because you were born into it and thinking its best is the same ignorance that comes from the the church. :P

I'm simply more open minded.

Comment

I bet you read that article (probably when it was linked on Penny Arcade) about playing to win, yeah that was a good article. Because you basically just paraphrased it in 4 sentences except changed Street Fighter 2 to Soul Caliber.

Comment

Indeed I have! Sirlin changed how I play competitve games. I was actually going to leave a link to his articles but I've done it so many times now (in game atleast) that I decided to call it quits.

I wasn't as good as I was at soul calibur until that. ^_^ "wee, lets be cheap!"
                        Last edited by KayinNasaki; 10-29-2002, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X