No announcement yet.

Strikeball arenas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anduril, I don't know where you're getting off with that. Maybe you think I'm still in-game staff? I never touched maps at all except for the one I made.

I'm just repeating what arilou told me during our argument. It's very obvious that the issue is not open to discussion, so keep it in mind when you submit a map.

Arilou, I don't know what your point was if I'm supposed to be the beneficiary.

Comment

Originally posted by Arilou Lalee'lay
      TWDev maps should not need changing, they are perfect

Seriously, I have close contact with the TWDev ops, so once a map is accepted into TW they rarely need to be changed. I am always excited about new TWDev maps.

-Ari

yay~! ^-^
      AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Actually TW is supplying all you guys with a place to show off your work.
        TW is supplying you with the best population to realise your self-gratification.
        Without TW you don't make shit, except arenas in zones with a single-digit population. Maybe you can go to DSB or EG.
        Nobody is forcing you to upload your map to TW, if the regulations here are bad go to some other place.
        With all the 100s of maps available, I'm sure they don't want to have people nit-picking over some small issue over every map.

However, I do agree that the original map submitted by the map-maker should stay as-is (except truly minor logical changes, such that they do not change the intended game-play). All creative changes of the original arena should be of the creator, as some sort of thanks. If any creative edits take place, they should be done in a seperate subarena, e.g. ?go newmap2. We don't need some nonce kid holding back the development of a game-idea just because he wants to reserve the further credit.

Comment

The point was that the tiles on the Strikeball map were used without explicit permission from the original creator.

Comment

The story unravels. I'm guessing a strikeball fan was bitching about the use of some unauthorised tiles elsewhere, but that's just a guess.

Comment

No, the unauthorized use of the settings. And the unautherized use of our names attached to that map.

Comment

I meant that the tiles currently used on Strikeball originally came from another arena. Nobody asked the creator of that arena for permission to use his tiles.

Comment

Yeah that you said already. What I'm looking for is why you decided to prove that point, there must have been an instigator somewhere.

Comment

Poor lil SB arena...

Comment

lol molten you do know it's back to normal now...

I guess the only argument now is on the topic of map credits and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Arilou Lalee'lay
                        I meant that the tiles currently used on Strikeball originally came from another arena. Nobody asked the creator of that arena for permission to use his tiles.

Then you're not teaching me a lesson. I didn't do the tiles, I assumed the person who worked on them did so in good faith, and created their own.

Comment

YaY

Yay, its back. Quadstrike can go to hell! :fear:

(yes i know its taken down) :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by moltenrock
                            Yay, its back. Quadstrike can go to hell! :fear:

(yes i know its taken down) :grin:
                            i didnt think quadstrike was all that bad. its much better suited to be hosted than sb because the large numbers make a game of quadstrike better, whereas sb is best played with 8 ppl total.

sb is still a much better game tho

Comment

Working...
                            X