Lag Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag Limits

First, sorry if this has been previously posted, I failed to find it in other parts of the forums.

Okay, so when I'm playing javduel today, I kill, and am immediately specced for lag. Granted, I have a virus that can cause lag if certain steps aren't taken (which they probably weren't at the time), but this happened to other people in the arena. Everyone was laggy out, which caused a lot of people to spec and leave the arena, forcing substitutions.
    In tourny, I was playing a tournament. It was the first round. First, my partner lagged out, and was not able to get back in the game (it was his first time playing so he didn't know what he was doing at all), and then I was playing 1v2. Both me and them were lagging out, along with many other people in the arena.

Basically long story short, maybe the lag limits are a little bit too low, and that we should kick them up a little bit more, in hope of stopping kids from not playing because of the lag.

Anyone else experiance lag problems? I know I heard some kids complaining their 40, 40, 70, 100, .1 .0 was making them lag out. .
    2:Sauro> dp i placed 4th today at yugoh tournament
    Sauro> i traded e tele for 2 dark bribes and a primy today dp

2:Sauro> IM REARRAGNGING MYD ECK WTF
    Go go go!

Sauro> DARK MAGICIAN GIRL SHOWS CLEAVAGE OK
    Sauro> my fav card

1:Mootland Farmer> Duel, want to stfu please? Real m,en talking about Yu-Gi-Oh here
    1:Sauro> yea dp

1:Sauro> i love dick

I've got a wirless connection and if I play on this laptop while someone else uses our PC downstairs, i often get lagged. ?lag shows me that my average is lower than 200 and I never get more than 0.5 ploss. yet the bot specs me for too high spike med, or too much slow ploss. I guess ?lag, ?ping and ?packetloss aren't that accurate and are not the reasons for a player to lag out...
    Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

Originally posted by Veloce
      First, sorry if this has been previously posted, I failed to find it in other parts of the forums.

Okay, so when I'm playing javduel today, I kill, and am immediately specced for lag. Granted, I have a virus that can cause lag if certain steps aren't taken (which they probably weren't at the time), but this happened to other people in the arena. Everyone was laggy out, which caused a lot of people to spec and leave the arena, forcing substitutions.
      In tourny, I was playing a tournament. It was the first round. First, my partner lagged out, and was not able to get back in the game (it was his first time playing so he didn't know what he was doing at all), and then I was playing 1v2. Both me and them were lagging out, along with many other people in the arena.

Basically long story short, maybe the lag limits are a little bit too low, and that we should kick them up a little bit more, in hope of stopping kids from not playing because of the lag.

Anyone else experiance lag problems? I know I heard some kids complaining their 40, 40, 70, 100, .1 .0 was making them lag out. .
      why would other people lagging cause u to lag? o_O
      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

I was playing tourny as well, and i think the bot or something was messed up, because whenever someone killed another person, he would lag out. Basically the teams got disqualified from laggouts should have won because they killed more, and therefore lagged out more.

Comment

Originally posted by Edify
          why would other people lagging cause u to lag? o_O
          I didn't mean to imply that at all. I wasn't saying that.
          2:Sauro> dp i placed 4th today at yugoh tournament
          Sauro> i traded e tele for 2 dark bribes and a primy today dp

2:Sauro> IM REARRAGNGING MYD ECK WTF
          Go go go!

Sauro> DARK MAGICIAN GIRL SHOWS CLEAVAGE OK
          Sauro> my fav card

1:Mootland Farmer> Duel, want to stfu please? Real m,en talking about Yu-Gi-Oh here
          1:Sauro> yea dp

1:Sauro> i love dick

Comment

IMHO the limits are too strict atm and also the penalty for lagouts is too strict. But well, some people must think they are good, I just don't know why though.

Comment

The spike lag watch was put at 40 a few days ago when King and Queen were rebooted. I think it's back at 70 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Veloce
                I didn't mean to imply that at all. I wasn't saying that.
                well that is what i read it as. i guess i was wrong...

Yeah, so you thought you could get with the hardlines
                That fill your mind
                Thoughts, battles fought
                And lessons taught
                Yes I?ll display the fitness
                And flip like a gymnast
                Raise my fist and resist
                Asleep, though we stand in the midst
                Of the war
                thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

In my opinion i think the lag limits should be stricter
                  I'm sick of newbs coming out of nowhere, eating a point blank shot, killing me, then doing that over and over again without lagging out
                  Currently listening to:
                  Valient Thorr - Immortalizer
                  Dead to Me - Little Brother
                  Tim Barry - Manchester
                  Lemuria - Get Better
                  Alkaline Trio - Agony and Irony

Comment

I think that it's fine as it is.

The lag limit would be RIDICULOUS if it was lowered, and if you go much higher, gameplay will start to frustrate people.
                    Zelderex, a fun, online game.
                    http://zelderex.com

Comment

Working...
                    X