Statistics Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statistics Project

For a statistics class, I need to gather data and make inferences from it. The data I've decided to gather is information on TW players' usage. So I am trying to find whether or not a correlation between their usage and their rank in elim exists.

So please, post your usage and rank in elim. I'm trying to gather about 50 data points for this.
    Zemyla>You know, quoting yourself in your sig is a sign of irredeemable narcissism.

GuruMeditation> You're on SS, you're an it.
    GuruMeditation> Unless your ship grows boobs, in that case you're a freak.

Originally posted by sexy wooden spoon
    Also u cud tlk about helping language skills.

The quality of your inference will only be as good as the quality of your raw data and the quality of the data collection methods used.

Since you can only verify the ranking data and not the usage data, there is the possibility that bias could influence the inference you end up making. (In other words, if people think that they might get flamed for posting a high usage number and lower ranking, then the raw data is biased and your inference will be incorrect.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
      The quality of your inference will only be as good as the quality of your raw data and the quality of the data collection methods used.

Since you can only verify the ranking data and not the usage data, there is the possibility that bias could influence the inference you end up making. (In other words, if people think that they might get flamed for posting a high usage number and lower ranking, then the raw data is biased and your inference will be incorrect.)

correct
      Originally posted by Kolar
      My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
      ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

How about people forum PM Zemyla with their elim rank and usage, instead of posting it in this thread?
        People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

i dunno if ur little project will work cuz some people have lots of usage but just dont play elim, it varies too much but i wish u luck anyway

Comment

I don't know if you are, but you should also go to elim and ask people there. That way you'll at least know you're talking to people that play elim frequently.
            Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
            1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
            1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
            1:Chao <ER>> at all
            1:Mantra-Slider> chao
            1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
            Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
            Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Players who play Elim more than 70% of their (game)time should answer these questions...
              I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

4050 hours on pegasis

not ranked in elim (but if I was, it would be horrible). I think have more deaths than kills. feel free to rank me. you have my usage.
                3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
                3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
                MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

Dude, I think its a safer bet to just ask the top 50 players in Elim and ask for their usage. If they're aliased, ask about their general usage among their original names.
                  ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                  Failure teaches success.
                  . â–²
                  ▲ ▲

Comment

On Jacen I had 2900+ hours of usage and my elim RATING is 180, not high enough to be ranked. 42 games, no wins, 176 kills, 292 deaths.
                    Ban Ikrit

Comment

Fuck elim.
                      Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
                        Dude, I think its a safer bet to just ask the top 50 players in Elim and ask for their usage. If they're aliased, ask about their general usage among their original names.

Good idea~! ^-^
                        Agreed.
                        AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

ummm, i have all together on all my names about 3.8 - 4k usage and im ranked #5 in elim
                          1: Desire> I can make you feel AzN and increase the size of your e-penis
                          1: Desire> and give you more e-boners
                          1: GammaHydroxy> Excellent Boner!
                          1: GammaHydroxy> That was the best boner i've ever had.
                          1: GammaHydroxy> XOG IS MY LOVER

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
                            kim wants you to ask him about his #1 belim alias
                            HEATHA> i smell like ass

Comment

Working...
                            X