X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by genocidal
    You just described an ER and a ZH.
    I thought the ERs and ZHs had actual mod powers.
    Zemyla>You know, quoting yourself in your sig is a sign of irredeemable narcissism.

GuruMeditation> You're on SS, you're an it.
    GuruMeditation> Unless your ship grows boobs, in that case you're a freak.

Originally posted by sexy wooden spoon
    Also u cud tlk about helping language skills.

Comment

good idea worr, what would happen if you had multiple reccomendations?
      Gun remembers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy
        So should this actually go ahead, chances are if he's heard of you, and knows you're not an asshole, you're a shoe-in.
        Yeah rudy, we need to be a better filter for him.

I think the best and easiest way would be by doing it the way Sarien said, make a sub forum for applications. The only problem with this is that staffers can't do private discussions and that's what I hoped that this new system would be used for mostly. We could get a few staffer sub mods to move a copy of the threads into a private sub forum, lock the public one and leave a message saying it's being processed or whatever and update it with the status of the application if needed. A simple IP check for suspicious/simular names/info could also keep multiple applications from being sent in, forum warning and bans for abuse.. It might work alright that way.

We already have a bot for recommendations and even if it did message the person back they'll still be waiting, and waiting... and Pure_Luck would still have to be doing all the leg work, with limited information from staffers.

Comment

Originally posted by StarKitty
          You could get people like cundor emailing in pretending to be Schope, and writing a spam/trash email just to stop someone they don't like from getting staff.
          i allways knew cundor wanned to be me.
          8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
          8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
          8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
          8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
          8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
          8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

lmao :grin: :P
            STARKITTY
            A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Originally posted by Worr
              Here's an idea, Puretle...

I'm not sure how much programming this would take, especially with the website-to-bot connection, so bear with me...

Allow anyone currently on staff to be able to recommend people. Perhaps limit it to one person per month for each staff member. Have a bot sitting in Robopark that staff members can private message with !recommend <name>. Then have the bot do a "?message <name>:You have been recommended to staff by <Staffer>. To complete your application for staff, go to <website>. Your username is <blah> and your password is <bleh>." Then the recommended person goes to the website, logs in, fills out the application, and it is sent to you.

This would incorporate the staff application idea, but you wouldn't be flooded with everyone applying to staff 6,000 times a day. Just a thought...
              You've in so many words, just described staffbot. The only difference is there is no limit in recommendations that I'm aware of and it doesn't do that extra shit of lettings people know they've been recommended. Which, in all serious, isn't that neccessary anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy
                You've in so many words, just described staffbot. The only difference is there is no limit in recommendations that I'm aware of and it doesn't do that extra shit of lettings people know they've been recommended. Which, in all serious, isn't that neccessary anyway.
                From what i've heard that bot doesnt get checked very much at all.
                I am no longer living in false hopes. All is clear to me now.

Comment

Haha

Lazy ppl. :P

Comment

Originally posted by SeiferDude
                    From what i've heard that bot doesnt get checked very much at all.
                    Well 2 people have already been hired from it and it is still quite new.
                    Trench Wars Broadcast Revolution (TWBR) - Visit: www.youtube.com/fieryfire3d

Comment

• Make a page where you can signup if your interested, but you need a twd account and pw !registered to login, and your limited to 1 application per 90 days (or whatever, you put the interval here). It'll probably still be spammed but maybe the twd thing will help kill it a little bit because if someone wanted to go out of their way to put multiple applications there, they'd have to change their name just about every day, and we all know how much of a task that is.
                      Dice
                      TWLB Champions Season 8
                      TWLJ Champions Season 8
                      TWLB Champions Season 10
                      TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

• Originally posted by Diakka
                        Well 2 people have already been hired from it and it is still quite new.
                        haha 2 ppl, that bot i like 8 months old or something no?
                        Originally posted by Kolar
                        My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                        ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

• Let's vote ... I vote Due for staff.

For the rest .. Application form .. ask about it in DSB or so. I believe they have one too. Or EG, not sure ....
                          Ask them about their experiences. But keep in mind that I noticed how the DSB people differ from the TW people :S
                          They are a lot nicer I noticed when I was there. But anywayz... ask them.

But personally I do not see it as a good idea. You will get spammed even by people who have been using this game for 3 days or so. Or put usage filters and stuff in. But than again ... people have made a name 6 yrs ago, and only have been playing for 3 days till now and they can still apply.
                          I believe you get more useless applications than usefull ones.
                          What is wrong with the current system ? Works perfect and you get (mostly) good staffers. I believe a second dean would be a better solution.
                          I vote for Tatsumaru UK.
                          7:Barton> hi tats
                          7:Barton> still no smod?
                          7:Barton> :(
                          7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
                          7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
                          3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

• Originally posted by Anduril.
                            I believe you get more useless applications than usefull ones.
                            What is wrong with the current system ? Works perfect and you get (mostly) good staffers. I believe a second dean would be a better solution.
                            I vote for Tatsumaru UK.
                            Oh heaven forbid we get any useless applications!!!! I think we should never impliment this idea until we are fairly certain that useless applications will be filtered before they reach the inbox. Of course that's the only solution that makes any sense!

In an effort to make sure no one useless applys for or asks for staff, I say we completely do away with staff. That way we don't have to bear the eyesore of a useless application, should one exist. Who's with me?
                            3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
                            3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
                            MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Due
                              haha 2 ppl, that bot i like 8 months old or something no?

lol yep, hasnt been put to much use.

One possible improvement could be a 2nd dean as anduril said, would relieve quite a bit of the work from P_L
                              Last edited by SeiferDude; 04-29-2005, 12:10 PM.
                              I am no longer living in false hopes. All is clear to me now.

Comment

• Worst idea ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X