X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to know why I lag?
    Dialup internet that PEAKS at 21.6kbps
    Bringing me up to 10000ms around the clock
    I'm a few lagouts away from tearing my phone line out of the wall and shoving it down my throat, because that's the fastest it will ever travel
    Currently listening to:
    Valient Thorr - Immortalizer
    Dead to Me - Little Brother
    Tim Barry - Manchester
    Lemuria - Get Better
    Alkaline Trio - Agony and Irony

Comment

hey facetious, i hung out with some straightedge hardcore kids the other night. why am i telling you this? i'll tell you why. i'm telling you this because i read your sig and then made a rather indirect, yet still solid, mental connection.

anyway, it was so great. i wanted to drink the liquid plumber sitting on the counter in the kitchen! :]
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
        hey facetious, i hung out with some straightedge hardcore kids the other night. why am i telling you this? i'll tell you why. i'm telling you this because i read your sig and then made a rather indirect, yet still solid, mental connection.

anyway, it was so great. i wanted to drink the liquid plumber sitting on the counter in the kitchen! :]
        shhhh Jason.
        Originally posted by Tone
        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Hatred
          Looks like a graph of his college's network usage, and it's pretty far up there. More than enough to cause some wacky lag.
          GENIUS!
          State/Public university i'm assuming...

Originally posted by Anduril.
          I don't understand the graph. :fear:
          Basically, 20,000+ college students have nothing better to do than waste bandwidth with constant CtoC server connections (kazaa, Imesh, Limewire). There is only so much "room" for differnet streams of information to flow, once you get close to "full capacity" the streams kinda start crashing into each other and slowing down. This causes Lag, which can either be a slow connection (small travel space for data streams) or loss of packets of information (crashes).

1:Aerin> o shit have u guys seen the penis with a dragon tatooed to it?

1:X-sTa-C> OMG! thats sooo... AZN!
          1:MILOS> LOL
          1:Kapuchin> lol

2:zidane> i played maplestory :(
          2:zidane> i had like two level 80 +
          2:X-sTa-C> omg... this chat just started eating dick

:4:KoZ> gotta go eat my chittlins now be back later
          :4:X-sTa-C> Koz, don't lie
          :4:X-sTa-C> You know you're also eating watermelon and chicken...

Comment

hey mk.. didnt know u still played ss :grin:
            Head of Public Relations
            SSCU Trench Wars Staff

I do not engage with trolls. Have a nice day!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacen_Solo
              hey mk.. didnt know u still played ss :grin:
              Heh, I do! Well, I would if I could, which I will after I graduate this May and get an apartment and job. I have to play this game... It's the only game I'm actually somehwat good at.

Comment

I go to one of the largest universities in the US and I had a great connection on campus last year (in fact I have to wait until I go back to school to play again since my home connection sucks). I don't know why it's so bad other than the overuse through downloading programs or just a shitty server. My university uses Iccarus to block the ports that programs like iMesh, Limewire, Kazaa, etc. use. I used to think this was a pain in the ass but maybe I should be grateful.

Comment

I'm at Northwestern University ... and our connection sucks. I really don't think dling/filesharing is as widespread here as other universities too =(.

Comment

Well, one reason is that they use a Packet Shaper here. If puts any non-HTTP packets on the back burner... What's worse is that we have about 3.75 meg of bandwidth for more than 5000 students to share... Everyone wouldnt be able to get 1k to themselves, which is totally idiotic. They say its too expensive to get more bandwidth... For $50 a month, you can get 1.5 meg download on a damn dsl line and they are saying its too expensive to get more?

Comment

If I could get a dedicated 1.5Mbit download for an extra $50 tuition, I'd sign up as quick as a flash.
                      Zemyla>You know, quoting yourself in your sig is a sign of irredeemable narcissism.

GuruMeditation> You're on SS, you're an it.
                      GuruMeditation> Unless your ship grows boobs, in that case you're a freak.

Originally posted by sexy wooden spoon
                      Also u cud tlk about helping language skills.

Comment

Yeah get a private ISP.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason

Have you ever been to a hardcore show? Their dances are by far some of the funniest things I've ever seen.
                          Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                          i just wish it was longer
                          Originally posted by Cops
                          it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                          X