Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm making a new squad, with a diffrent way of dong things.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm making a new squad, with a diffrent way of dong things.

I've been tired of joining squads only to have them fail or not go anywhere. I have been in
    only a few squads that actually played league games. And every squad i've been in always
    had such a strict way of recruiting that i have decided to try something completely
    different that i haven't' seen in any squad yet. To actually let anyone in the squad that
    wants in.

Now, many of you may be thinking, "but won't that mean you'll have a squad of all newbies?".
    Not really, we are building a ranking system to work things out on who will play the
    important games etc. Since leagues only allow 30 people in a squad, only those will the
    highest scores and only those who show up to the most games will be allowed to play in
    league games. Then you might say, "but what about all the jerks that might follow?", well
    i'm developing a 3 strike system that will keep out anyone who doesn't want to be apart
    of this squad, 1st strike offense is 1 day bann, 2nd strike is a 3 day bann, 3rd strike
    means your out.

To join my squad, please go to yahoo groups and sign up for the twfreedom group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TwFreedom/.
    there i will approve you. Then you can read and make sure you understand the rules before
    your given the chat, password, and your first rank.

Reasons for getting banned from the squad: (these rules will change to benefit this squad
    in the future.)
    First offense is 1 day, second is 3 days, and third your out.
    1. Always obey your captains, this is experimental, but i need everyone's cooperation for
    this to work.
    2. Please do not ever bad mouth my squad, or any other squad whether we dueled them or not.
    3. Only join under one name only, Do Not double squad.
    4. Do not abuse the yahoo groups, it's there to inform everyone of important news, scores,
    banners, and for people to vote on improvements, changes, or to vote on new leaders, capts,
    etc.
    5. Do not give away the password or chat to anyone that hasn't joined the yahoo group.
    i have to approve them before they can join the group.

Also, for our banner, wear your contries flag!

Now, we are going to hold practices everyday at 8pm EST. In a practice we will split the
    squad into groups and we will have wb duels, jav duels, etc. After you reach your 10 deaths
    in these two duels, immediately spec and stay in spec until i can take a snapshot of all
    scores after the game. If you do not spec after a game is won/loss, and you do not stay in
    spec when i get ready to take the snap shot, your record will not be added to your overall
    rank. it doesn't matter if you do bad, I will take the best records into the most
    consideration and ignore those games with the bad ones if you are loyal to being there when
    the snapshots are taken.

I will do the same for squad duels and league duels. they will be in separate groups.
    Practices will be the least important skill wise, showing up to all the games will give you
    the best score/rank in this area. Squad duels is the next important, i will be looking for
    good consistency and high kills record. Leagues will be extremely important, not only must
    you have high kills/death ratios to have a high score in this area, you also have to show
    up to as many games as possible to get the highest possible score. I will probably have
    squad duels after practices, but will also keep record to all squad duels thru-out the day
    for those who can't make it to those practices.

We are going to have a ranking system, the players with the most kills + kills/death ratios
    will have higher ranks in skill. there will also be separate ranks for those other skills
    like teamwork, friendliness on the battle field, good cooperation skills etc.

The players with the highest rankings plus show the highest amount of loyalty to the squad
    will be assigned to division leaders. We'll have warbird leaders, jav leaders, and base
    leaders. The players that show up to every game will be in charge of getting scores after
    squad duels when i'm not around and to be in charge of informing me of rule breakers in
    the squad. I will be making a separate email account for handling applications and
    questions and may need someone too help me with that also, i'll be sharing the email with
    only the most trusted of my squad mates. And i'll always make backups of everything
    incase of anything going wrong or if the incident of data loss of any kind.

I have been working to get everything organized from the start, before i even think of a
    squad name i'm already typing out all the rules and setting up the score system and rank
    system. I will be taking suggestions, questions, and comments by email. this is only the
    beginning draft and will no doubt change and improve to further benefit this squad and to
    make sure everyone gets an equal opportunity.

Wow what a goood squd that TWfreedom is!

You try too hard.
    Last edited by Eeks; 11-03-2002, 08:26 PM.
    Originally posted by Diakka
    Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

See, there is a group of assholes at this forum (including myself) who will probably bring this idea down. However, if we were in an ancient society and this was a game of tangible things you might be a Philosopher.

Comment

Good luck,

Comment

give it a go, gl

Comment

It sounds as though you've put a tremendous amount of thought into this project. It's rare that you see such ambition and genuine dedication in this wretched game these days. I wish you the best of luck.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Aye, Best of luck.
              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Thanks, it's really turning out well already, we have 6 members, and we really been thinking up diffrent and better ideas to keep it going.

Comment

My advice to you, when times get tough, dont give up, do not dissolve, keep on trying.
                  ROCKING MY OWN WORLD SINCE PUBERTY.

Comment

I don't wanna be a nay-sayer and shit in your taco salad, but I can give you some reasons why this might not work... not that i'm saying you shouldn't try it, but just that you should re-think your rules....

first.. the 1 day ban thing is just silly... it's too difficult to ban people for one day especially since you can't force them to leave the chat.. you're gonna end up with an angry newbie who knows your chat every time you try to ban someone.

by letting just anyone in, you're gonna end up with people who fight on your squad chat... tons of people go through a stage a couple months after they start playing where they think they own everyone, and they shit talk a lot... not everyone grows out of this (you know who you are), but it's a real phenomenon that happens in TW for some weird reason. you need to be unafraid to refuse people from your squad, and also unafraid to boot people immediately for causing trouble, based on attitude.

just my thoughts, I hope it works for you, but I think when you try to structure things too much, they fall apart on you. you need to be ready to make exceptions to your own rules... and if you write them out in such detail, it's hard to make exceptions.

good luck
                    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Good luck, you're going to need it.
                      o!p

Now Playing: Tenchi Muyo - I'm a Pioneer
                      http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/tenchi/imapioneer.htm

Comment

it seems like youre making a lot of work for yourself. taking screenshots after every practice, every day, you might get sick of going through the numbers and ranking people. and ranking one person above another with younger players is just asking for trouble. bloodzombie has a good point about the bans, you should probably drop that. other than that the ambition is a good sign.

Comment

gl
                          Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                          You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                          There wont be another election for president.
                          Obama is the Omega President.
                          http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by yung
                            My advice to you, when times get tough, dont give up, do not dissolve, keep on trying.
                            Sounds oddly familiar
                            There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

OMG OMG OMG Zen wtf? I wanted u to help me lead my squad... u said u had no time cause of college...i hate u forever

Comment

Working...
                              X