No announcement yet.

Fix Elim??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well changing the average if you won an Elim would be great... you could add the number of lifes to the ranking if you won the elim... so if you had won a wb elim to 10 and had 220 ave you would end with 230. About changing your ave based on the number of players that played it i dont know if it can be done... but if it could it would be nice. You could also make some special events at weekends such as a wb elim to 100 as i've already seen it or maybe house a elim where you would need 1000hrs usage at elim2. I'm not saying it should be leveled to 1000 hrs but maybe a bit more than 36hrs would be nice... perhaps 100 hrs?! Oh and getting the bot and the site working would be nice to ^-^ . Oh and by the way the recharge greens at elim where great has they always provided for nice turnouts if you knew how to use them that is... and also provided a tool for someone that was about to be vulched to fight back to his oponent just like in a dd.
    A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

I don't know if my idea is possible, but I thought about it a few times before.
      The current requirement for Elim is 36 hours of usage. But as we all know getting 36 hrs usage isn't very hard. Some newbs who have been playing for 2 days already got 36 hrs usage just by letting their pc's on, or by doing something I'm not supposed to say out loud. But most of you will know what I mean. Anyway ... 36 hrs is nothing.
      Would it be good to make it 100/500/1000/.... hours ? I don't think so neither, as getting HOURS of usage is too easy.

So I thought of an idea to make the bot check your first played date. If that would be possible, than all problems would be fixed. You can't fake a first played date. For example "you have to be playing this game for atleast 1 year." Than you auto-eliminate the so called newbs, and I do believe that you make Elim a much nicer place.

Another thing is the spawning.. I don't see it that much as a problem as it's just a part of the game. But maybe it would be possible to make something so when you die, and re-appear the bot makes sure you can't die or shoot during 5 seconds.
      During those 5 seconds you can run from the possibly spawn-killing enemy.

Just a few idea's .. Tell me if it's possible or any bugs hiding in my ideas. ^-^
      7:Barton> hi tats
      7:Barton> still no smod?
      7:Barton> :(
      7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
      7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
      3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

elim isn't meant to be elitist, the 36 hour cap was to discourage people from making new names every 20 minutes.

and cumulo, 300 is way too low to be accurate. back on the old system the top players were hitting around 400 ave. that's a huge difference in terms of your rating.

1.5 * 300 = 450 rating.
        1.5 * 400 = 600 rating.

that's a huge difference in terms of ranking.

if you hadn't noticed, the range of ratings that are making the top hundred are going lower and lower (something like 400 ave is good enough for the top hundred). further, you have a slew of players in a very close range (because the variables are very limited and there isn't a huge difference between 1.1:1 and 1.2:1) and not very accurate rankings. if the aves were put in, you have a fairly large range in that one variable (talking about 150 points), and thus, a wider range and more accurate rankings.

the reason i suggested 600 was just in case somebody manages a 500+ ave. i don't think this would be impossible, and 600 is just to be safe. i think the number is a bit too low to be exploited as well.

once upon a time the #1 rank in elim used to be rated at at least 1000 (people did hit 1400 or so). number one right now is ranked at 823, number 2 is ranked at 733. . . those aren't the greatest numbers and there isn't a whole lot of intensity y'know.

maybe elim has lost that sense of competition that it once had, or maybe it has just lost the publicity. why not test it out.

i hope that made sense, stream of conciousness
        Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
        Philos> there is something about you
        Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Praise to Randedl __/---\O__

It sounds good, but how easy is it to do? And that whole first played thing...that's clever. I may be drunk, but that's a good idea...make it a year or something.
          I hate you all.

Comment

Get the greens back to elim. Someone thaught all the newbies how to vulch, and now everytime you shoot, a newbie or more tries to rush you. Elim got more lame after removing greens. (like the 100th post about greens, but you need to see it again).
            DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
            Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
            Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
            -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RATTY...
              Get the greens back to elim. Someone thaught all the newbies how to vulch
              It's not the newbs that vulch.
              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Don't know if anyone has thought of this yet, but possibly open up the three elim arenas and have seperate rankings for each. No idea if that would be possible so please send me feedback. For example people who just earned 36 hours could play in elim against people of their skill, and people with a 1000 hours could play with other players their skill, this would make for a funner playing environment. This idea may get more people to play elim also, which hasn't seen as much players lately except on TWL days.

I would like to thank Randedl for posting this thread cause I thought elim was in need of improvment.

Comment

Working...
                X