TKing Levs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TKing Levs

I was leving today. I really don't make much use of the safes, besides as a place to drop a portal, I don't lev terr very much, and I never ask for a greening though will take it if someone offers. No, I usually try and circle the base or go in the hard way. I green up with the intention of protecting base.

Now I'm generally cautious bout TKing, but I have a few rules. One being that I will shoot at a terr unless it looks like it'll be taken care of dispite a teammate or two, and that sometimes 1 person isnt worth 3 or 4 and no matter what, I appologize like a mad man. So today I green up and attach in base and the first thing someone says to me is "one TK and your done" and I replied with ".. yeah. Whatever. Get over it. I'll be careful but your little jav isnt worth the base". And i knew at that point I was going to TK him. Not that I'd do it on purpose, but I knew at one point he was going to suck one up on accident and I was going to be accountable.

So I turn out to be a major asset. Alot of times the terr would die and I'd be the only thing in base holding guys off (not like they were flooding and I did anything amazing, but I was useful). T got a fe 3fers 4fers and 5fers and was up to I think, 100 bounty when i fired, took out 3 people and him. And the first thing he said "thats it, your done" ... So then I sit there, still, him aiming right on target to blow me away. So I wait. And even with him staring me in the faceI manage to do my job and got a few good shots. Suddenly , from one of the base gaps, a flying javball of doom comes flying at me and it looks like its the end.... And the poor sap that was waiting to TK me takes it right in the face. After waiting for ten minutes he just gets shot in the face. Around that time the terr dies, I hold the base for a few minutes with another lev and we're over taken and slaughtered (at 134bty. Not sure if thats good or not for a baselev. :P) and I switch to spider to help take base back.

Moral of the story is lighten up. Unless the lev is a tking idiot, don't throw a shitfit. Alot of us do it for the base and sometimes you have to die for the team. So then when you get TKed and go for revenge and don't get it, what have you done? well even if you do pull it off, you've just killed a resource off (in some cases at least). Huzzah, aren't you special. You died and had to let your ego get ahead of the base. Good for you. Not saying that all lev TKing is evil, alot of levs are dickholes, but really, think about what your doing. That time spent waiting for a chance to TK can be spent, oh, DEFENDING THE BASE.

levs suck

mustard rules
    Originally Posted by HeavenSent
    You won't have to wait another 4 years.
    There wont be another election for president.
    Obama is the Omega President.
    http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

i loke some mustards and hate some
      jee

Comment

You would save much more time by being a spider and leave the whole greening part. You seem to think that a levi because he kills alot of people in one time takes more kills than a spider.
        If there is no levi's the shark can do his job and noone will get in.
        Besides Teamkilling a levi also takes down his team energy, the first shot will get them killed.
        Javelins might have as much as teamkills but that happens when their shot fails. Levis just shoot knowing the teammate is going to die but simply don't care because they think that 1 player is of less worth of 4 enemies. But what if I have over 30 bounty as spider or shark? That means that I killed over 4 persons and I might be more valuable than 4 enemies. Levis just think they can decide who lives and who dies. And if they are in danger they blow up the whole team to save themselves. If not they warp away, some help is that.
        It is always nice to hear a "sorry" when a Levi just dropped a blue bomb on the wall next to you, though everyone with a clear mind would know that he was going to kill his teammate with it.
        Levis just think they are so valuable, while all they do is making people leave..

Teamkill levis, before they teamkill you
        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Blood
          i loke some mustards and hate some
          I like spicy mustards in particular.
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

i dont think i would have let you live long enough if i could have helped it.
            To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
            brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

I

Originally posted by Zerzera
              You would save much more time by being a spider and leave the whole greening part. You seem to think that a levi because he kills alot of people in one time takes more kills than a spider.
              If there is no levi's the shark can do his job and noone will get in.
              Besides Teamkilling a levi also takes down his team energy, the first shot will get them killed.
              Javelins might have as much as teamkills but that happens when their shot fails. Levis just shoot knowing the teammate is going to die but simply don't care because they think that 1 player is of less worth of 4 enemies. But what if I have over 30 bounty as spider or shark? That means that I killed over 4 persons and I might be more valuable than 4 enemies. Levis just think they can decide who lives and who dies. And if they are in danger they blow up the whole team to save themselves. If not they warp away, some help is that.
              It is always nice to hear a "sorry" when a Levi just dropped a blue bomb on the wall next to you, though everyone with a clear mind would know that he was going to kill his teammate with it.
              Levis just think they are so valuable, while all they do is making people leave..

Teamkill levis, before they teamkill you

Dont get me wrong, I love spiders. I play levs for variation, as I find it to be quite fun, plus I find them more of a challange. I tend to play them late at night when pubs are thinner.

But I don't (or try very hard not to) make stupid shots. I try not to shoot for kills, but I try and time my shots efficiently. The reason I fire when I can make my kills if one guy will easily be picked off by a jav or spider.

I my self are not that caring about my own tkedness. I tell levs and javs in the base I'm not as important as whats in the base, expecially when shaking. The only reason I wanna avoid it as a lev is of course that it took effort to get in the base.

Its not that a lev is exactly more valuable, but simply that it doesn't come back to the base in 5 seconds. Levs can be useful when they don't fire like madmen.

Comment

I only tk levis if they kill me on purpose, or with a stupid shot, such as shooting at the flag or shooting when there are no enemies at all or something. And even then, it's 100x more satisfying to go to a priv freq, change to weasel, and repeatedly cloak kill them until they change to terrier, and then go back to your team again.

Levs are absolutely the worst ship in the game in terms of ruining the fun for other players. I love to shark, and it's a fucking pain in the ass to have to time your mining so that your team lev doesn't fire down at some terrier that's 30 miles away, tking you in the process. Plus, levs are totally unneccessary in protecting the flag room.
                sdg

Comment

levs have nothing to do with basing. change their settings.
                  i'd rather lose base than have one defended by a lev.

Comment

I think I'm lost.. can someone toss me a string or something?
                    The individual, a prisoner. Humanity holding the key to the opression. Everyone a prisoner, holding a portion of the whole truth. And so the enigma perpetuates. Insentient, lifeless. Grinning mockingly at its creators through its cold, inanimate lips.
                    -Dys

Comment

Speaking of changing levs, when was the last time a ship redesign was done, if any?

Comment

Working...
                      X