Yellow Vs Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll King
    Forum staff discourages the revival of old threads unless there was something new or vital to be added, like if there were a recent update.

I don't think reviving a year-old thread just to say "holy crap that guy is so f'ing owned..." qualifies. This thread will likely be closed, but I wouldn't be surprised if warnings were given out as well, not just for the thread revival but depending on the mod and his mood, also for Ig's annoying caps.
    If they want to warn someone for reviving a dead thread then this forum is in a sad state of affairs my friend. It's discouraged but this thread wasn't closed... and there isn't a whole lot going on in this forum at the moment so.... just some friendly large fonted banter early in the morning here. The mods will probably want to join in it's so fun.

A forum is a living breathing extension of the Trench Wars community and as such a little comment like "holy crap that guy is so f'ing owned" qualifies. We joke together we kill together.. I enjoyed a laugh a little later than everyone else and wanted to share that.
    truth about vets vs noobs [clickable]
    "...can we pretend I lag and you eat my burst?"
    Guy: What does that SS mean on your car?
    Me: Oh, it's the Subspace model. You know, bigger engine, level 3 bombs...

Comment

Originally posted by Ignominy
      Wow, man. Can't you see I'm just giving you a hard time? I hate to break my tone, but I think I had to before you leave actually thinking I'm an ass.

And I really do pride myself on being one of the most receptive, amiable players I know, especially towards inexperienced players who are eager to learn. I spend a decent amount of time in pub and I am constantly taking time out to answer people's questions and help them with their problems. I feel adding new players to this game is an important part of keeping it alive and every esc + q answer is a step away from that.

You registered a few years ago for these forums, so you don't really fall into the "new to the place" category. I assumed the extreme level of my reaction (especially the 2nd post) was blatant enough to expose its satirical nature. But in truth this is something you should know better than to do.

Look a little closer before you snap to judgements over something as silly as size 7 bolded caps.

Well I was just drifting through here having fun. I have been in the forums a little while but I'm on a 12 hour night shift with the Army right now so I suppose I am a little more testy than I should be (aka I am grouchy and Subspace deprived). Apologies if I took what you said the wrong way man. But seriously.. I don't see what the big deal is about me waking up a dead thread in a mostly dead forum.

Comment

Originally posted by a21ozcoldcup
        It's discouraged but this thread wasn't closed...
        Cool, so can I use this logic and say that since I'm not banned, I'm allowed to cheat until I get banned?
        -winipcfg

HAY GUYS

Comment

If they want to warn someone for reviving a dead thread then this forum is in a sad state of affairs my friend. It's discouraged but this thread wasn't closed... and there isn't a whole lot going on in this forum at the moment so.... just some friendly large fonted banter early in the morning here. The mods will probably want to join in it's so fun.

A forum is a living breathing extension of the Trench Wars community and as such a little comment like "holy crap that guy is so f'ing owned" qualifies. We joke together we kill together.. I enjoyed a laugh a little later than everyone else and wanted to share that.
          Well, part of the reason that I posted is that this thread's revival is not an isolated incident, I've seen you dig up more than a few year or so old threads right in a row tonight to post a minor comment. Things like this throw off the rhythm of the forum and take attention away from current matters under discussion, and that's why I'd assume it's a warnable offense, but only in cases such as this where it's multiple threads.

MY FIRST TWO CAPS POSTS WERE REASONABLE GIVEN THE CONTEXT AND AS FOR THIS ONE, WILL YOU STILL WARN ME EVEN THOUGH YOU CAN'T REALLY SEE IT?
          afksry

Comment

Well, part of the reason that I posted is that this thread's revival is not an isolated incident, I've seen you dig up more than a few year or so old threads right in a row tonight to post a minor comment. Things like this throw off the rhythm of the forum and take attention away from current matters under discussion, and that's why I'd assume it's a warnable offense, but only in cases such as this where it's multiple threads.

MY FIRST TWO CAPS POSTS WERE REASONABLE GIVEN THE CONTEXT AND AS FOR THIS ONE, WILL YOU STILL WARN ME EVEN THOUGH YOU CAN'T REALLY SEE IT?

You can see it, at least I did. AND I revived TWO threads. Nothing more. wow wow wow.. and on that note (I suppose it should be filed elsewhere but what the hell) maybe we should just close the old threads when they are dried up and no longer usable. I find that's also a common practice in forums and prevents people from bumping topics up and totally ruining the entire forum for everyone.

Comment

I'm sorry, but you are clearly not in a position to judge whether this forum is in a sad state of affairs or not. That's especially true if you think it's important that you let people know that you are laughing at a joke that is nearly a year old. If that's the kind of posts we see then that's a surer sign that these forums are in a sad state.

Comment

This one makes four.

Are you missing fingers?

Never correct me again.
                afksry

Comment

You can see it, at least I did. AND I revived TWO threads. Nothing more. wow wow wow..
                  holy crap that guy is so f'ing owned...
                  afksry

Comment

holy crap that guy is so f'ing owned...

I didn't look at the dates on those because they were at the god damned TOP of their topic category. Guess that means the entire category was dead? So noone can comment on ANY of the topics in there because every single one is dead?

Wow. You know I tried to be cool. I apologized. You guys continue to be asses. So yeah if you're getting prickish on me yeah they were a bit old.. but they weren't closed and the first thing listed in their subject.. pardon me for not realizing that over half of TW Forums are entirely dead. I KNOW BETTER.. damn.. never saw a group of people so pretentious about such a stupid thing.. makes you wonder if maybe there just isn't anything better for you to do then rag on someone on the forums anymore.

Comment

I didn't look at the dates on those because they were at the god damned TOP of their topic category. Guess that means the entire category was dead? So noone can comment on ANY of the topics in there because every single one is dead?
                      Yes. Start a new topic.

Wow. You know I tried to be cool. I apologized. You guys continue to be asses. So yeah if you're getting prickish on me yeah they were a bit old.. but they weren't closed and the first thing listed in their subject.. pardon me for not realizing that over half of TW Forums are entirely dead. I KNOW BETTER.. damn.. never saw a group of people so pretentious about such a stupid thing.. makes you wonder if maybe there just isn't anything better for you to do then rag on someone on the forums anymore.
                      Quit trying to defend yourself when you're obviously in the wrong with multiple people telling you so, and no one will be an ass to you. I would much rather you post in the thread where I summarize what you say with pictures than continue here. This will close as soon as a mod wakes up anyway, so I suggest you cut your losses and hope everyone forgets.
                      afksry

Comment

Yes. Start a new topic.

Quit trying to defend yourself when you're obviously in the wrong with multiple people telling you so, and no one will be an ass to you. I would much rather you post in the thread where I summarize what you say with pictures than continue here. This will close as soon as a mod wakes up anyway, so I suggest you cut your losses and hope everyone forgets.
                        If reviving a thread is offensive and using caps is offensive you guys are as much in the wrong as me. To hell with this forum man.

Instead of explaining it to me you guys just looked for a chance to jump me and talk shit. Fine.

I HAVE started new topics here AND sent in a recent suggestion for a poll regarding the various unused arenas on TW to help attract and/or keep some of the new players. But hey the last thing you need is some fresh ideas here.. you guys obviously know how to handle yourselves just fine (as is evident by your initial responses to me).

I only knowingly nudged up two old topics and instead of saying hey don't do that man, it draws attention from other stuff (which would have worked just fine btw) you had to come out running with the sarcasm and insults. I apologized and you couldn't take that and leave things be.. you had to keep right on trashing me. Thank God this doesn't leave a bitter taste with me regarding the game.. just the forums.. which I'm done with. I have just one last topic to post.. and I'm finished. I love the game but damn.. you guys got some serious issues playing nice with people.

Comment

If reviving a thread is offensive and using caps is offensive you guys are as much in the wrong as me. To hell with this forum man.

Instead of explaining it to me you guys just looked for a chance to jump me and talk shit. Fine.
                          I suppose I again have to stop joking long enough to tell you that I am joking. I thought the first time was enough.

I HAVE started new topics here AND sent in a recent suggestion for a poll regarding the various unused arenas on TW to help attract and/or keep some of the new players. But hey the last thing you need is some fresh ideas here.. you guys obviously know how to handle yourselves just fine (as is evident by your initial responses to me).
                          Great, wonderful. But... I never said you didn't, so this is irrelevant here. And again, as has been previously stated, your comments in this and the other threads I DID mention have introduced NO "fresh ideas."

I only knowingly nudged up two old topics and instead of saying hey don't do that man, it draws attention from other stuff (which would have worked just fine btw) you had to come out running with the sarcasm and insults. I apologized and you couldn't take that and leave things be.. you had to keep right on trashing me. Thank God this doesn't leave a bitter taste with me regarding the game.. just the forums.. which I'm done with. I have just one last topic to post.. and I'm finished. I love the game but damn.. you guys got some serious issues playing nice with people.
                          You messed up, I cracked on you a bit to nudge you in the right direction. I can't just go letting you know in a boring direct way, there's no entertainment in that. When you continued to insist that you were right, despite everyone's comments on how you weren't, I continued to crack on you to nudge you back in the right direction. If you can't handle being told you're incorrect or having a few jokes about your errors made at your expense, then true, maybe the internet is not the place for you.
                          afksry

Comment

I suppose I again have to stop joking long enough to tell you that I am joking. I thought the first time was enough.

Great, wonderful. But... I never said you didn't, so this is irrelevant here. And again, as has been previously stated, your comments in this and the other threads I DID mention have introduced NO "fresh ideas."

You messed up, I cracked on you a bit to nudge you in the right direction. I can't just go letting you know in a boring direct way, there's no entertainment in that. When you continued to insist that you were right, despite everyone's comments on how you weren't, I continued to crack on you to nudge you back in the right direction. If you can't handle being told you're incorrect or having a few jokes about your errors made at your expense, then true, maybe the internet is not the place for you.

Maybe I could handle a joke if you used sarcasm a little better and if everyone else was joking right along with you. Catch me in game and I'm cool with all you guys. But I'm done with these forums for now. Either I lost my ability to judge sarcasm and all of you are being sarcastic or all of you are trashing me except you and you just don't pull the sarcasm off that well.

Comment

Wow...this is the most intelligent and/or dumbest arguement I have seen in this forum.

Comment

Actually this thread could be updated with new information, as there has been nearly a year with now client update, what a few people said like d1s is wrong!
                                (\ (\
                                ( ^_^)
                                (_(")(")

last.fm
                                "I like my coffee black, just like my metal."

Comment

Working...
                                X