ELIM Improvements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELIM Improvements?

Since around Jan-Feb/2005, I noticed Elim stats are not updated to elim stats website. I think Randedl brought this up around March; still this is not fixed.

I know Priitk created Robo Ref, and he isn't really around to update Robo Ref.

I would love to see Elim's Robo Ref replaced or improved upon similiar to what we now have for TournyBot and Duelbot. Also having an ELIM section on the twsite for displaying Rankings, and easy look ups for players..etc.. like TWEL.

Also have ELIM ladders for different events; have Javs, Warbirds, etc..

ELIM and BELIM are probably one of the most popular arenas in TW, and its sad that there is no improvements as of lately. I'm sure if they could do TWEL and TOURNY, they could do this too.

Hopefully, someone in a position to do something will read this thread and might take interest in doing something.

I noticed that much less players are playing ELIM latelly... it saddens me that one of my favourite arenas doesn't get the attention it deserves. Elim could attract much more players if it was receiving it's much deserved maintenance... about doing something against laggots... well i'm not here to discuss it but it seems that that problem cannot be fixed in any good way. give elim it's proper attention, make it a better place to play and keep the site updated .
    A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Blame The Whiners

Comment

Yeah the main problem is TWBots = DoCk>'s Project for his school programming course, coded in Java... and RoboRef is PriitKs elim revolution coded in C/C++.

Youre right PriitK isnt around to update RoboRef, which is a shame since we see RoboRef dissapearing far less than the TWBot network (Tourny is a joke recently, and TWL.. jeez)

Comment

Semen, Java sucks. C(++) all the way! :P

Comment

Damn true

Comment

Maybe priitk has a life and besides he has other BIGGER project then this to worry about. and about the bots and all. The dev bot coders and other coders are working on the bots, but there aren't 100000000000 coders. We only have limited people.
              help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Java is a way more suited language for programming bots... Why did priitk not program his in java like everyone else?
                -Bubbles
                Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
                Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbles19518
                  Java is a way more suited language for programming bots... Why did priitk not program his in java like everyone else?
                  Lol! why!?
                  Maybe it's the ubber fast java virtual machine :fear: or perhaps the leet garbage collector!!

Besides that running tw in a java application would be fun!! perhaps just perhaps then all of those at compannies or schools were they dont have access could start playing tw to... not my case though!
                  Last edited by Arikel; 06-27-2005, 10:39 AM.
                  A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

more people have found there way over to ?go base
                    Big Chill

Comment

Im guessing here that all that needs to be sorted is the website side. The bot stores the scores in a database correctly as we all can !rank names. Unless you want to do aload more work and totally reprogram the bot and do a new website.
                      Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                      TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Fixing elim is simple - make whining an offence that you can be banned for doing. Or silenced at least. Badda bing, everyone is happy.
                        Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
                        1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

http://www.shanky.com/server/bot.html
                          At least according to this page, Priitk was the first one to make a bot, maybe that's why. And if I remember correctly, Catid's bots are made in VB.

Originally posted by semenfaze
                          TWBots = DoCk>'s Project for his school programming course
                          Maybe that's why they're in Java. Schools/universities use Java for many of their courses.

Comment

Maybe because priitk is a experienced programmer and C++ is a more powerfull language then java.

Comment

Originally posted by King Baba
                              Fixing elim is simple - make whining an offence that you can be banned for doing. Or silenced at least. Badda bing, everyone is happy.
                              :up:

Also, did Priitk die or something?
                              The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X