Getting used to basing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting used to basing...

Hey guys, I've never really given basing a chance. Always been a dueler, but it's time to see what the big deal is.

I tried ?go base a few times, but I really cant stand spider.

Do you suggest I try a different ship (the problem is getting picked), or maybe continue with spider until it feels more natural, etc.

Should I just play ?go base or pub until my hands are numb?

The reason is im just getting tired with warbirds.

in a basing game you have 8 players: 1 terrier, 1-2 sharks, maybe one javs or one warbird and the rest are spiders. So if you don't want to spider I suggest you start practising on shark or terrier. Getting picked in ?go base can take a while just play a while. Become good people will pick you more often when they get to know you. Maybe you can visit this website rab made, but I forgot hyperlink. So if someone remembers it, give it to this nice guy !
    help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Rab's Basing Guide
      http://trenchwars.org/index.php?v=gethelp&id=3
      Last edited by Rab; 06-10-2018, 09:46 AM. Reason: Removed personal information
      FREE MANDELA

Comment

On the other hand getting to play terr is a bit hard. I for one would not pick a terr I don't know, but you can try. If you can't stand spider, you can try shark too. Most people find shark boring, but there's many who enjoy it. Usually I don't like spidding either, I'm usually wbing, terring or javing. You can try if you can convince some cap pick you as special ship. (wb, jav, lanc) They're usually fun.

Do you suggest I try a different ship (the problem is getting picked)
        Well in the end, the caps make their own decisions. You can ask them to play some different ship and they still spid you. There's one other way to get to play any ship you want, but I wouldn't suggest you try it before you know a bit more people in base. That's to cap yourself. The hosts often pick the first two to shout "cap" in the teamchat.

Comment

What exactly in the spider do you find boring/repulsive?
          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
          5: Da1andonly> =((
          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
            What exactly in the spider do you find boring/repulsive?
            Im so used to 1 hit kills with warbird. I get easily annoyed when I shoot and someone doesnt die, and I tend to try rushing up to them as if to say "DIE ALREADY" which results in them picking me off while my energy is low from blindly shooting during my rampage.

Comment

Originally posted by semenfaze
              Im so used to 1 hit kills with warbird. I get easily annoyed when I shoot and someone doesnt die, and I tend to try rushing up to them as if to say "DIE ALREADY" which results in them picking me off while my energy is low from blindly shooting during my rampage.
              thats all about practice though...

keep at it and soon you will forget your thought of once you shoot once, you think 'ok he's dead'.. and it will be replaced with you holding down ctrl whilst accelerating to get 4 or 5 bullets to almost merge into one.. then you can think wb style

and it seems there are very few good terrs these days.
              04.07.05 08:59

Comment

try shark, i posted this on FS forums on the BC site a while ago hope it helps

Blue1-This is Where a shark normally sits during a cram, either side depending on where the terr is you want to sit on the same side as the terr incase bullets get past u and u do a late rep they will go at ur terr, Have one shark go and sit in the 1 spot and if the other coms back early just sit at the terr and wait, once he goes out of reps Go down into the line of bullets from the incoming spiders, sometimes u will pick up a green and will hold a repel causing u to get 4-5 reps,When that one goes down the other should come in and take the position, if timed right these sharks can be in unisin as if it was 1 shark with infinite reps

Blue2-If one of the sharks lays a bad mine accedently in the entrance, have everyone line and have one shark come down to the 2 spot and rep them if they get close, try to keep them down and rep that mine after they rep it have your team come back to cram and fight them off

Blue3-If the enemy lays a mine in the entrance, come up to the #3 spot and wait for a large number of there team comes, rep the mine at an angle making it hit the wall and killing them

Red1- If the enemy sharks mine at the #2 spot like some do come behind to the 1 and rep them ensuring that no1 dies by them

Red2-If they start to push out of the base trying to retake mid sit here and try to keep them up until your team can respawn and get back into the fight

Red3-If your team are pushing as hard as they can you should be able to get to the #3 spot, give some reps Dont waste them too fast or they will be useless just keep them on one side so that ur team can come into the other side

Red4-This is where u can sit and push if they have all 5 spids Shooting down on ur spiders you should be able to waste most of their bullets

Red5-If you push up into the cram u can sit infront ot the terr, rep him into the corner and lay a mine, sometimes he will bounce and a player will detach from him and ram that mine for a FREQFER

Yellow1-After the game starts have one shark dash to the #1 spot and grab the first dibs on flag and give some reps

Yellow-2 While that shark grabs the flag sit here and count your other sharks reps and move in after he dies and time ur reps so that iyou can hold that flag and spiders can come up and attack

Yellow3-Another good idea after there team has situated into the base go up to the ear they spawned in and lay 3 mines around the lineing of the ear, some terrs will lay a port there and warp and if a shark reps just hope u have shrap $$$$

Yellow4-Sometimes you will have to go under to rep there terr down into a corner

Yellow5-After you have gone under it may be wise to put mines down here , most terrs go here to burst and hope that he DIES DIES DIIIIIIEEESSS... O.o
                Big Chill

Comment

----
                  Last edited by Rab; 06-10-2018, 10:29 AM. Reason: Removed personal information

Comment

Wouldn't consult to Rab's basing guide as the official and complete truth, but no guides are. And as he wrote in it " Once you've based for a while you will develop your own opinions and style, this guide is written to get you up to that point." So for players new to basing it works pretty well.

Oh and sorry, but I have to do this. :P

Originally posted by semenfaze
                    So basically you hate it because you're not good in it. :P

Well that was put pretty roughly, but yea, that happens to many people. When you've practised one thing and you become good in it, going to another thing might annoy you at first. Keep practising though, usually duelers learn spidding pretty fast.

Comment

Spiders kill with 1 shot if:
                      * You dodge first and counter-attack
                      * Team (2-3 spiders only need 1 shot each)
                      * Attack when enemy is low energy (immediately after detach, after jav/wb shoots, emped by bomb, running away)

Try sharking. It's arguably the most important ship in basing, there's always a shortage, and you can learn to be so-so fairly quickly.

You probably won't get too far terring until you learn the other ships better. If you're a dueller, you might be good at wb too.

Comment

Working...
                      X