Is Spec locking possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Spec locking possible?

Spec locking, no one can spec anyone else during an event.

Is this possible?

Can mods do this? Or maybe you need a bot to do this.

Popular events like Zombies are ruined when people spec and tell the zombies where you are. I think it would be more fun and suspenceful if speccing wasn't allowed during an event like this.

Originally posted by Merkaba
    Spec locking, no one can spec anyone else during an event.

Is this possible?

Can mods do this? Or maybe you need a bot to do this.

Popular events like Zombies are ruined when people spec and tell the zombies where you are. I think it would be more fun and suspenceful if speccing wasn't allowed during an event like this.

If there was a "containment area" in a map, a bot could easily put people there and make sure they stay
    Ban Ikrit

Comment

Yeah, that would work, simple solution there ikrit.

Maybe they should do that for zombies, for late comers..etc.. have no speccers to ruin the event.

Comment

Yeah just smack the player in a little box and prize them energy depletion and engine shutdown greens so they have not got full energy to spec.

Comment

And what if they wanted to quit?

Comment

You don't need the energy deplete thing, just make the bot automatically put them in if they spec.
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
            ---A few minutes later---
            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
            9:Kim> UM
            9:Kim> i didn't
            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

I remember ?go mod on april 1. only staff could spec, normal players couldn't spec.
              help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Originally posted by Disliked
                And what if they wanted to quit?
                Kinda like what they have in .?go freezetag, u message the bot with !leave (i think), and it lets u spec/leave arena even when ur energy isnt full - a.k.a. when ur frozen

but for this, we can't let the ppl spec, so when they type the command, the bot should also be able to send them to a different arena (through a .?go for example)

Comment

or let them spec but silience them from any chat

Comment

Originally posted by and a AMEN!
                    or let them spec but silience them from any chat
                    That's too inconvenient
                    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                    Failure teaches success.
                    . â–²
                    ▲ ▲

Comment

!blueout
                      Originally posted by Kolar
                      My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                      ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Blueout doesnt prevent pms and opposing team messages.
                        USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt
                          Blueout doesnt prevent pms and opposing team messages.
                          Nope, but I think you can lock everything if i'm not mistaken. Don't know with what command tho'
                          help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Originally posted by jappeuuuh
                            Nope, but I think you can lock everything if i'm not mistaken. Don't know with what command tho'
                            it's *lockall

And, I think the best idea would be to have them all shoved into one little box in a corner somewhere, if they warp they get warped back, if they spec they get put back in and warped back, when someone enters the arena they get put in and warped to the spot.

I'll get one of TWDev's bot devs on a "rough draft" of it.
                            Ban Ikrit

Comment

I remembered there was a setting for things like these. Checked template.sss and found:

Misc:SpectatorQuiet:0:1:Whether spectators can talk to active players (1=no 0=yes)

I don't know exactly how it works though, but it would be more fun for the spectators to be able of following the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X