Request for purepub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for purepub

Well I've been playing pub lately, mostly pub 0 and 1 because i enjoy not having levis. But even without the levis, the arena is still annoying as hell. That god damn ship #6. Since we are making it a purepub, why can't we remove the 2 annoying ships, levi and cloak. I'm pretty sure this would make A LOT of pubbers happy because all you really read in pub chat is how LAME they are. They serve the same function as a levi, to ANNOY other PEOPLE who want to have fun trying to BASE. Also I would suggest, even if you keep cloaks in purepubs, put them back to the original setting. Why o why was it changed in the first place? They were fine the way they were. Now you are getting more 'newbies' into this ship which ruines the game for the rest of the people trying to have a good competitive basing match without going to ?go base because they wouldn't be picked there anyways. All that I am asking is to give this some thought, or even a poll which could be advertised when you enter TW so all the pubbers can be like "Holy shit I wanna vote Yes for the no more cloaks!!!"

Thanks, Hero
    the price is right, bitch.

We can try making 1 of the purepubs (possibly pub 0) to make levi/cloak free, and leave the other PurePub to just levi free. B) Then, both sides would be happy.
    AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Well 1st I agree with hero. I mean the pub is made for basing purposes. If i go to .?go base i cant use ship #6 so why is it in purepub.

I dont agree about the change tho, i like the small cloaker more then the big one. It was a good move for the ship to actualy make it useful for more then spawning levis, but it still isnt used in real basing situations just like levi, so remove them both. If ppl wanna cloak there are plenty of other pub arenas.
      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

PurePub is still a Public arena after all so there will be no other ships limits. Cloakers do not kill basing like Levithans do, and you have a better chance of countering Cloaker, than you do Leviterrs. But I do agree on the Cloaker being re-sized to the normal size.
        "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
        • Shark
        • Dicer
        • Sager
        • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer
          PurePub is still a Public arena after all so there will be no other ships limits. Cloakers do not kill basing like Levithans do, and you have a better chance of countering Cloaker, than you do Leviterrs. But I do agree on the Cloaker being re-sized to the normal size.
          It would be OK if they would give xradar back to javs.
          megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
          L K> taught u what?
          megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
          9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
          9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer
            It isn't so much that they ruine basing, they screw up you when you try to get to the base where you have 5cloakers in the way of you..and especially since javs dont get xradar its just really stupid.

Comment

Hero why don't you make this official and use the proposal system and see where you get. I for one will sign it.

Comment

"It would be OK if they would give xradar back to javs." By tahkis

"It isn't so much that they ruine basing, they screw up you when you try to get to the base where you have 5cloakers in the way of you..and especially since javs dont get xradar its just really stupid." By Hero*

Yeah, I agree, but I have no say in the ship settings. DoCK> is in charge of those and I have no idea why he changed the Javelin. I personally don't mind the cloakers. I personally don't mind the how the Cloaker is at the moment. But I do agree with the Javelin, unless there was a justified reason for changing it? (And yes I have typed a thousand 'I's').
                "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                • Shark
                • Dicer
                • Sager
                • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

if i was going to suggest anything for the pure pubs, it would be to remove private freqs in the second pure pub. it serves no purpose but to allow people to spawn duel without having levi's around. theres never any actual basing going on. its a waste of a bot. remove the priv freqs.

i think the settings for the x were great after they first made it smaller. it wasn't overpowered, it played a nice role. now its overpowered and pretty lame. jav radar might help, but just change the x back eh.

Comment

Yea, I'd vote yes for ban of weasels from purepub.

But that's not a complete solution, it's still bad in other pubs.

After thinking a while, what I'd like to see:
                    -X Radar for all ships. (a draining one)
                    -X Radar from the start or X Radar green a lot more common, now you can get 75 greens without getting X Radar. (I just tried.)
                    -Weasel weakened in some way, be it bigger size, removal of thrust shot or reduction of speed.

I'm too lazy, but someone make a TWPS proposal out of it and I'll sign it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigwig
                      if i was going to suggest anything for the pure pubs, it would be to remove private freqs in the second pure pub. it serves no purpose but to allow people to spawn duel without having levi's around. theres never any actual basing going on. its a waste of a bot. remove the priv freqs.
                      No way, I always hated the pure weekends with priv freqs disabled. The duelers can go to different freqs anyways and if you remove priv freqs, you can't do priv freq basing. Don't you remember all the fun we had in wr?

Comment

Weasel is good for taking the flag alone while ur team is javing somewhere in lower base :fear:
                        2:Zung> Does this 2h mean 1h56 min foreplay & 3 pushes & a stare?
                        2:renzi> lol no
                        2:renzi> would fuck, blowjob/handjob, fuck, finger, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Adamant
                          Hero why don't you make this official and use the proposal system and see where you get. I for one will sign it.
                          good idea i'll get right on that (no sarcasm).
                          Acually someone else should do this for me, I'm an absolute retard with computers and I find it hard enough to get from website to website. But if all you have to do is email them my complaint/proposal, I'll do that. But I won't be able to "add this document" and thid "rtf" or some crap like that i have no idea wat it is
                          Last edited by Hero*; 07-11-2005, 10:44 AM.

Comment

http://www.trenchwars.org/twps/

There's a link to the template for the proposal there and also a sample proposal that will give you an idea of how to proceed.

EDIT: If you have any questions on it, I would contact qan, and he will help you. Good luck.
                            7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                            Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10
                            Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Working...
                            X