No announcement yet.

Practice arenas for 4v4/5v5 dueling games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gamemode thing would be a good idea, except for the fact that in an automated system where there is a queue line for being captain of a freq, you do !cap, and usually, at least in the system premier league uses, the winning freq stays in the game, or at least the captain of the winning freq stays captain. So who would decide what type of game to play? That would be a problem.

Ok, I know I haven't played wbduel too much, but why the hell is it "not enough"? And if you're saying you have 9 other guys and you want to have 5v5 against each others, just ?go #somewhere
    You should read above why it's "not enough" and the point we are trying to make. And the problem with ?go #somewhere is that you would need to find 9 other players and get them #somewhere, and that #somewhere doesn't have the league map.

-Charles Bronson

Comment

to be honest playing random people wont be much practice.

The best practice u can get is playing other squads. its not that hard to find a game normally....and as twd is getting reset before twl now is the perfect time to prac

i like the idea of ?go wbs
      i will design a map :grin:
      Last edited by Doc Flabby; 08-22-2005, 12:45 PM.
      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

----Charles Bronson
        The gamemode thing would be a good idea, except for the fact that in an automated system where there is a queue line for being captain of a freq, you do !cap, and usually, at least in the system premier league uses, the winning freq stays in the game, or at least the captain of the winning freq stays captain. So who would decide what type of game to play? That would be a problem.
        ----

Well the problem is solved with the queue, the cap 1st in line of the queue would obviously decide the style of game they want, no biggie.

wbduel is sufficient I think, it just sucks you have to call a mod (though they are quite good about appearing in afew mins).

*The main point of this, is you would be assured captain, as for wbduel you don't have much control who will be captain and it is very random in lineups.

In the old days, I believe squads use to goto private arenas and do their friendly squad duels. I guess that is what your trying to do here, but make it sort of like what SVS has.

Well I hope this practice arena idea becomes a reality. What you might want to do, if you haven't done so already, is make a proposal and submit it.

.?go wbs

If they had wbs, what type of map would they use? An elim or twdd map? Have a streak bot?

This idea might get all the warbird spawners in pubs to come to .?go wbs

This would possibly decrease the spawner population by afew % in pubs.

btw, I sure love .?go javs

I have been a warbird for almost 3years, and starting to fall in love with javelins as well and .?go javs is a fun place to practice. Most players that come to this arena are quite friendly I found.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Bronson
          You should read above why it's "not enough"
          "this system isn't automated"
          I think it's automated enough. If there are people willing to play, they play.

"and not just everyone can start practicing."
          Why not?

You should read above why it's "not enough" and the point we are trying to make. And the problem with ?go #somewhere is that you would need to find 9 other players and get them #somewhere, and that #somewhere doesn't have the league map.
          ?go #twld, ?go #twlj, ?go #twlb

<3

Comment

i remember on the old twd site there was a section talking about practice arenas. back then, i visited them to find out the arenas had been erased.
            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

I think this fellow has a point. Do it.

wbduel sucks ?help start wbduel blah blah blah

Just change to !cap system much easier and one less thing for lazy staff to do.
              -Rasc

Comment

Its a good idea but I doubt upperstaff will give it a shot.

Comment

Woah, my avatar having major spasms
                  -Rasc

Comment

Originally posted by RascaL
                    I think this fellow has a point. Do it.

wbduel sucks ?help start wbduel blah blah blah

Just change to !cap system much easier and one less thing for lazy staff to do.
                    Is the problem REALLY just lazy staffers?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuukunen
                      Is the problem REALLY just lazy staffers?
                      No, it's actually assholes like you who don't ever fucking consider a damn step forward in warbird playability in the zone, yet the dumbest little idea "to make basing more fun" is jacked off on over and over again when they actually ruin the shit even more. There's no one left to care any more, a nice effect of the problem itself. I'm only calling you on this now because in the past few days I've had the misfortune of seeing like 5 of your posts. Reading them took down my general consideration for humanity a good few notches, and also puts a trip to finland on a possible to do list, if not convince zloy to walk over there and put you in line and save me a round trip flight.

I'd like to see some auto dm(allows more people, bigger battles, sicker damage with a lot more ass), for auto wbduels the captain feature should be nixed, the bot should just let people enter but lock the freqs, you play where you come in. It would save a lot of time in the preparation of a 5 on 5 and cutting out the pm interface with the players makes it easier for them and I bet it'll make for an easy bot situation.
                      sage

Comment

I'm sorry if my posts made you feel that way. Yea, my post in that thread of yours was a bit too aggressive. Sorry about that.

The point of that quoted comment was this: If the staffers want to keep wbduel as an arena only staff can start and are willing to come and start it whenever they're asked to, I don't see a problem with that. All I'm asking is why make basically the same arena again, it would just hurt both arenas.There's not too many people playing wbduel or javduel in the first place.

Comment

I'm sorry if my posts made you feel that way. Yea, my post in that thread of yours was a bit too aggressive. Sorry about that.

The point of that quoted comment was this: If the staffers want to keep wbduel as an arena only staff can start and are willing to come and start it whenever they're asked to, I don't see a problem with that. All I'm asking is why make basically the same arena again, it would just hurt both arenas.There's not too many people playing wbduel or javduel in the first place.
                          Don't play it because it's too much effort to get one started...bot should do a *zone wbduel starting
                          -Rasc

Comment

while we're on the subject, can any staff explain why ?go base isn't automated and why you have to pick one at a time?
                            Turns are taken to pick because otherwise it'd be unfair, and someone would pick all the good players straight away. If the picks are in turns, then (assuming the caps are decent), the teams _should_ be pretty even.
                            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                            ---A few minutes later---
                            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                            9:Kim> UM
                            9:Kim> i didn't
                            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by RascaL
                              Don't play it because it's too much effort to get one started...bot should do a *zone wbduel starting
                              It's too much of an effort? What part of it? Getting the players or getting someone to start it? Getting someone to start it is imho no problem at all, and getting enough people is going to be exactly the same problem with completely automated arena too.

Comment

It's too much of an effort? What part of it? Getting the players or getting someone to start it? Getting someone to start it is imho no problem at all, and getting enough people is going to be exactly the same problem with completely automated arena too.
                                iMho automated would be better, and LESS effort. I think were the game automated people would come and just get in, instead of having to wait half an hour for people to pick, or for someone to come and start the game.
                                -Rasc

Comment

Working...
                                X