Skeet WB shooter arena?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skeet WB shooter arena?

I heard from someone like 1-2 years ago there was a private tw like zone, where some elites would go to practice. They had something quite interesting, which I wonder is possible for a future project idea for TW Developers.

You know skeet shooting; disc flys in the air, and you shoot them... Target practice

Well have a somewhat stationary diamond/box where a warbird must be inside and they have to shoot BOT players who move in somewhat random patterns.

Also maybe have multiple boxes/areas, so this arena could serve upto 10 players or so.

So these bot targets would have to have some AI or flight patterns to them.

Ohya just thought the diamond/box where the warbird resides in should be alittle big or have some small rocks within it, so you can do boost shots as well.

Oh well just an idea, maybe one of you TW developers might find fun/challenging to develope.

Some might say, if its just you and the computer, then just play some offline arcade shootem game.

Well if say 10 players are doing a skeet shooter tournyment, they could compete to see who hit the most targets, etc. So would be interesting to compare your aim with others.

or u can just vs people that would shoot back not let u shoot at them until u manage to get a hit?

more expiernce=betterskill=more trashtalk
    tmaC> 1:fireballz> im the greatest coordinator of all time
    capE> lucky he didnt say captain
    capE> LOL BURN

Tapzu> tamzu vleane, we all know tou copied that nick from me

1:merce> ima go take a shower and try to suk my own dick

9:Fludd> guys, i want u all to know something..
    9:megaman89> fludd go play monopoly with children and dome

1:Kentaro> nice gay name elven
    1:Kentaro> suits you well
    1:PUTAO> fuk urself fuk emo, ur mother suck mu penis all day screaming my name

Comment

Originally posted by Tanzu
      or u can just vs people that would shoot back not let u shoot at them until u manage to get a hit?

more expiernce=betterskill=more trashtalk
      hahah killer reply!

that actually would be pretty cool to see in action. many manhours though.
      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

It would be cooler if the bot flew in a straight line. More like real skeet shooting. The bot is "launched" near the shooting area, from the side, travelling at stead speed. Then the shooter must snipe the bot. And it definitely would need to be large enough for boost shots.

Comment

It would be possible, but I'm pretty sure that the TWCore (makes the TWBots work) doesn't have any support for bots actually dying like a real player would. So until someone adds that, this isn't possible.
          sdg

Comment

why need bots just make people go out onto the field and surround them with wormholes so they bounce back in forth and up and down and shoot them i forget what arena in tw is like this maybe someone knows
            Big Chill

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
              It would be possible, but I'm pretty sure that the TWCore (makes the TWBots work) doesn't have any support for bots actually dying like a real player would. So until someone adds that, this isn't possible.
              That's not really the problem it's pretty easy to program and there's already arenas where the game bot registers hits, like balanceout or spaceball.

Comment

If you're good enough then elim feels like skeet shooting ^-^

Comment

It's somewhat possible with the development core we have, but I would say its shoddy at best to get a bot to effectively die, especially if it has to move.

rodney, talking about docksdog?
                  USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt
                    It's somewhat possible with the development core we have, but I would say its shoddy at best to get a bot to effectively die, especially if it has to move.
                    What would be the problem? There are bots who move and register hits already. Yeah, they don't die, but that's just a matter of sending the death packet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuukunen
                      What would be the problem? There are bots who move and register hits already. Yeah, they don't die, but that's just a matter of sending the death packet.
                      the bot doesnt have to die it can just warp to a new possition ready to be shot again - else if the bots keeping track of the scores neway...... but making it die would be more satifying for those shooting
                      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Maybe there have been updates to the bots that I haven't noticed but last I checked they didn't respond to every hit
                        USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

My bad, I didn't really think of the full complexity of this type of project.

Good point, how would a bot player register a collision hit?

The twbotcore would have to be expanded on to allow for fully functional virtual continuum client bots.

As most of us know that continuum does all the brute force collision calculations and then tells the server. Well these bots would have to have a their own Vector/Screen State space and do the collision detections on their own. This might waste valuable server cpu cycles, and might lag the server. But if these bots were ran on some other server, then it could be done.

Ok, this Skeet shooter type game might be silly, but if these AI Bots could be achieved it would create more opportunity for more interesting games/events.

Some people say AI Bot players would be too hard to do. But look at the game Xpilot they have it, look at countless # of shootem up games on old computers they did it.
                          lol, that old game TIME PILOT, lol
                          Archon, Air to Air combat on old atari 2600, lool

Comment

?go docksdog, mildly skeet shooting, more carnival game.
                            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                            Message has been sent to online moderators
                            2:BLeeN> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>no
                            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                            2:BLeeN> ok then no
                            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Marduke
                              My bad, I didn't really think of the full complexity of this type of project.

Good point, how would a bot player register a collision hit?

The twbotcore would have to be expanded on to allow for fully functional virtual continuum client bots.

As most of us know that continuum does all the brute force collision calculations and then tells the server. Well these bots would have to have a their own Vector/Screen State space and do the collision detections on their own. This might waste valuable server cpu cycles, and might lag the server. But if these bots were ran on some other server, then it could be done.

Ok, this Skeet shooter type game might be silly, but if these AI Bots could be achieved it would create more opportunity for more interesting games/events.

Some people say AI Bot players would be too hard to do. But look at the game Xpilot they have it, look at countless # of shootem up games on old computers they did it.
                              lol, that old game TIME PILOT, lol
                              Archon, Air to Air combat on old atari 2600, lool
                              Oh ffs, do people read what other people write? There ALREADY ARE bots who register hits. And as far as I've seen they do it pretty well. It's not that hard to program a simple collision detection system for bullets, it definitely would not have to be fully functional system. About moving, yea it's not that hard to make either. However, I still think it would be more fun if they were moving at constant speed in one direction. If you want to hit randomly moving targets, you can go to elim. If you don't want them to shoot back, start cheating.

Comment

Working...
                              X