Football Bot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Bot

Okay, I was wondering if TW would be interested in running a football bot in the zone. It was previously used in HZ, but since they have switched to ASSS, it's no longer compatible.

The pluses to this bot:
    - it never has to be hosted
    - completely automated

A realistic style football game with features such as:
    - 2 Halves of play
    - Passing that allows for 0, .5, 1.0, and 1.5 delays
    - Field Goals
    - Onside Kicks
    - Stats tracking
    Last edited by Sting; 10-12-2005, 07:24 PM. Reason: more info
    Aliases: Sting (of course), Stinger81 (old school), & Stingah.
    Previous TW Squads: Alcoholism, Commodore Army, DX!, =HeAvEn=, sk8, The Company, Vulch, Wildfire, and (many more I can't think of)
    Previous MG squads: Coup D'eta, Evolved, Flashbang

If what I think is correct, the bot is a MERVBot and TW uses TWCore... which would make it incompatible with our bot system.
    Ban Ikrit

Comment

Originally posted by Ikrit
      If what I think is correct, the bot is a MERVBot and TW uses TWCore... which would make it incompatible with our bot system.
      arent Mervbots them powerful ones? I swear i saw it on a private the other day

Comment

The bot is in fact a MERV Plugin which are not used in Trench.

As to power, TWCore can do almost all of the things MERV can do with far less resource usage. Most of the things it can't do aren't even used. If you really are concerned with power as a top priority, you'll use asss.

Edit: I just talked to my contact in HZ, and it turns out he's not associated with their football league. The one he's offering is not the currently used football bot, but the old one that was publicly released here:
        http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtop...?p=21664#21664

PS. MERV (and TWCore for that matter) are still compatible with asss
        Last edited by D1st0rt; 10-12-2005, 08:53 PM.
        USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt
          The bot is in fact a MERV Plugin which are not used in Trench.

As to power, TWCore can do almost all of the things MERV can do with far less resource usage. Most of the things it can't do aren't even used. If you really are concerned with power as a top priority, you'll use asss.

Edit: I just talked to my contact in HZ, and it turns out he's not associated with their football league. The one he's offering is not the currently used football bot, but the old one that was publicly released here:
          http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtop...?p=21664#21664

PS. MERV (and TWCore for that matter) are still compatible with asss
          Actually, I'm waiting to get back in contact with the coder of the new version of the bot (the one used for RSFL) to see if he would be willing to convert the code for TWCore. He doesn't want the bot to go to waste while HZ makes a football module for next season of RSFL which will take place in about 9 months or so from now.

They are unsure when they will even get a chance to code a football module since their attention is completely on RSHL and MSHL. And in the meantime all of us football addicts are trying to help him look for a stable place to host his bot. And the reason why his bot won't work with ASSS is because it was coded strickly for subgame. :P
          Aliases: Sting (of course), Stinger81 (old school), & Stingah.
          Previous TW Squads: Alcoholism, Commodore Army, DX!, =HeAvEn=, sk8, The Company, Vulch, Wildfire, and (many more I can't think of)
          Previous MG squads: Coup D'eta, Evolved, Flashbang

Comment

NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I agree with Jerome, I doubt it would ever work out favorably. My recommendation is to decline.
              USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

I played it in HZ, and its alot of fun. I'd like to see it here if even for a few passing games.
                DELETED

Comment

mervbot isnt neccisraly More powerful than twcore, it is just Easier IMO, i dont like merv tho too many ppl use it
                  Big Chill

Comment

Sting as in... Sting, Sting?

I didn't know you were on TWforums.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                    .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

So does the bot being Merv make it completely useless to you? Or can you convert it to TWCore?
                      Wee!

Comment

lol why waste time to convert when u can make a new 1

Comment

Code:
                          public class Nooblet {

static byte[] bytes = { 85, 115, 101, 32, 100, 101, 99, 101, 110, 116, 32, 116, 97, 98, 98, 105, 110, 103, 0, 80, 117, 116, 32, 116, 104, 105, 110, 103, 115, 32, 111, 110, 32, 111, 110, 101, 32, 108, 105, 110, 101, 32, 119, 104, 101, 110, 32, 121, 111, 117, 32, 99, 97, 110, 0, 76, 101, 97, 114, 110, 32, 117, 110, 97, 114, 121, 32, 111, 112, 101, 114, 97, 116, 111, 114, 115, 0 };

public static void main(String args[]) {
                          		for(int k = 0;k < bytes.length;k++) {
                          			if(bytes[k] == 0) {
                          				System.out.println();
                          			} else {
                          				System.out.write(bytes[k]);
                          			}
                          		}
                          	}
                          }
                          /*yea... I spent like 10 minutes doing the ASCII for that whole message in my head...*/
                          Last edited by Ikrit; 10-14-2005, 06:31 PM.
                          Ban Ikrit

Comment

Originally posted by AoS
                            mervbot isnt neccisraly More powerful than twcore, it is just Easier IMO, i dont like merv tho too many ppl use it
                            MERV is easier for script kiddies, TWCore is easier for actual programmers as far as I'm concerned.

Since I think Ikrit is making that in response to deathking's code snippet in his sig, I'll jump on the bandwagon and make some corrections

Code:
                            //first of all you should probably make the class public so it can be accessed
                            public class TWBotsDontSuck
                            {
                                public static void main(String arg[])
                                {
                                    //this next block does the exact same thing as yours, only much better
                                    for(int count = 0; count < 1337; count++)
                                        System.out.println("deathking is weak");

System.out.println("GG noob");	   
                                }
                            }
                            //Fight the power, and shut the hell up.
                            Seriously, what the hell is this?
                            suckrepeat=suckrepeat+1, you aren't even using +=
                            Having that if there is also pointless because you know suckrepeat has to be at 1337 from the while loop.
                            Last edited by D1st0rt; 10-15-2005, 03:11 AM.
                            USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

I wonder why is this thread still untouchable. Not locked. Not moved. Noone banned. Staff has most likely not seen this yet. Let's wait!
                              -Kawrae

Comment

Working...
                              X