Lose the egos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lose the egos

< I was wrong to assume that the target audience of the post that I had written here originally would understand the point I was trying to prove. >

In leu of that, I have replaced the long post which was previously here with something of infinitely greater intellectual value.

Without further adieu... some classic Mother Goose:

Little Betty Blue
    Lost her holiday shoe;
    What can little Betty do?
    Give her another
    To match the other
    And then she may walk in two.
    Last edited by Zingy; 10-26-2005, 05:05 PM.
    CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

You have an ego dude

Comment

Originally posted by Evasive
      You have an ego dude
      *cough*

Based on the American Heritage Dictionary: "In psychoanalytic theory, the division of the psyche that is conscious, most immediately controls thought and behavior, and mediates between the person and external reality."
      Last edited by Zingy; 10-21-2005, 12:44 PM.

Comment

zingy is a newb

btw im bored of these threads

Comment

hello golden sun 1!!!1 :> If I'd make a new name, it would be golden sun 2 :wub:

edit:
          btw zingy..
          Self-Proclaimed god*
          Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

Originally posted by 1ight
            btw zingy..
            Self-Proclaimed god*
            Haha, I knew someone would bring this up. :grin:

Technically "god" is lowercased when not referring to the "Omniscient" God (such as the gods of Greek mythology, for example)...

However! If the word "God" is being used in a specific manner, as far as I remember, It is ok to capitalize.
            Last edited by Zingy; 10-21-2005, 07:43 AM.

Comment

oi 1ight! long time :wub:

Someone made the name Golden sun 2 and begged me for my banner too!

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Sun 1
                oi 1ight! long time :wub:

Someone made the name Golden sun 2 and begged me for my banner too!
                Yeah, its been a long time :| :'(

Thats not fun! I was going to be Golden sun 2.
                Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

i think the names reset now though :P

Comment

Someone did better than you in a game and then said “gg newbie” so you just had to explain that you are not a newbie or stupid etc., you even had to tell everyone at the forum about it. No one would care less about your tw history unless you actually were good, if you suck then you’ll still be called newbie and if you cannot take a few insults then “your life needs a serious re-evaluation”.
                    Anyway, I don’t think ss would be half as competitive without the insults.

Comment

Originally posted by R1pp3r
                      Someone did better than you in a game and then said “gg newbie” so you just had to explain that you are not a newbie or stupid etc., you even had to tell everyone at the forum about it. No one would care less about your tw history unless you actually were good, if you suck then you’ll still be called newbie and if you cannot take a few insults then “your life needs a serious re-evaluation”.
                      Anyway, I don’t think ss would be half as competitive without the insults.
                      I couldn't care less what someone says to me, that was not at all the point of this post -- I used that as an EXAMPLE.

I was trying to add a broad viewpoint of how everyone doing this can affect the game population.

-A new player finds out about this game and installs it.
                      -Player enters pub.
                      -Someone repeatedly kills him and calls them "EZ" and "Newb".
                      -After dieing some more times and getting spawned a few other times, the player leaves, uninstalls SS and goes back to WoW or whatever game he was adicted to before he found out about SS.

How's that?
                      Last edited by Zingy; 10-21-2005, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zingy
                        I couldn't care less what someone says to me, that was not at all the point of this post. I was trying to add a broad viewpoint of how everyone doing this can affect the number of incoming people to this game.
                        Well, your log certainly indicates differently.

Comment

Originally posted by R1pp3r
                          Well, your log certainly indicates differently.
                          Umm... no?

Comment

You are a newbie Zingy. The fact that you argued back shows that you have an ego too. A newbie with an ego. B)
                            DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                            Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                            Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                            -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RATTY...
                              You are a newbie Zingy. The fact that you argued back shows that you have an ego too. A newbie with an ego. B)
                              Lol ratty(dot)(dot)(dot) :grin:

Nice try to provoke me right there, it's not gonna happen. :P

Comment

Working...
                              X