Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

My good "buddy" Spinsanity has been on my ?ignore for a long time due to his insistent spamming of his political agenda in a non- political game. Lately, he has been switching his name and by-passing my ?ignore to PM his endless dribble in my face.
    Are people allowed to do this?

the only thing that you can do is ?ignore the other names to.
    Last edited by Barton; 11-27-2005, 08:08 PM.
    SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
    SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
    Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
    Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
    1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
    1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
      My good "buddy" Spinsanity has been on my ?ignore for a long time due to his insistent spamming of his political agenda in a non- political game. Lately, he has been switching his name and by-passing my ?ignore to PM his endless dribble in my face.
      Are people allowed to do this?
      No, it is not allowed if they're bypassing the ?ignore command and are doing everything to annoy and disrupt your gaming experience.
      Message Rudy or another Smod when you're on (emailing is also an option). Knowing Spin he probably is doing this so I think he could use a day ban and up from there because I know he won't stop no matter what we do.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
        No, it is not allowed if they're bypassing the ?ignore command and are doing everything to annoy and disrupt your gaming experience.
        Message Rudy or another Smod when you're on (emailing is also an option). Knowing Spin he probably is doing this so I think he could use a day ban and up from there because I know he won't stop no matter what we do.

How is rudy or any other smod going to check it? it is not like he is spamming a squad. it will be his word against him & screenshots does not count coz they could be fake. -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Barton
          How is rudy or any other smod going to check it? it is not like he is spamming a squad. it will be his word against him & screenshots does not count coz they could be fake. -_-
          I'm not looking to argue about it Barton. I just checked the banG manual and it's in there.

Banning for it is obviously a last resort as *Warning + *shutup are required and suggested for further offense. Multiple people also have to be effect by this and I can say Spin has done this to me in the past. He also likes to spam publics regularly but does it just enough so we can't ban his ass out of this zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
            I'm not looking to argue about it Barton. I just checked the banG manual and it's in there.

Banning for it is obviously a last resort as *Warning + *shutup are required and suggested for further offense. Multiple people also have to be effect by this and I can say Spin has done this to me in the past. He also likes to spam publics regularly but does it just enough so we can't ban his ass out of this zone.
            why do you always think i want to argue with you? i asked you a normally Q about how staff is gonna take that problem. like you said you looked into the BanG manual, i dont think i got access to the BanG manual so i did not know that is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Barton
              why do you always think i want to argue with you? i asked you a normally Q about how staff is gonna take that problem. like you said you looked into the BanG manual, i dont think i got access to the BanG manual so i did not know that is possible.
              I didn't mean it like that. I do not want to argue the reasoning of the rule with you or anyone Barton.

Comment

ok

Comment

Technicalities aside...

God help us if we can't play in a gaming society where seniority doesn't have influence. We're talking about EPHEMERAL and some guy.
                  ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                  Failure teaches success.

Comment

It happened to me so often that they put it in the book... before that they were doing it on and on to some of us girls and no one could do anything about it.. The smods have ways of looking at the usernames and who has used them when, on which computer and so on...

It is hard to get something done though still so good luck man
                    Quoting is the highest form of flattery ...

The mouth that holds the tongue that rocks your world... rules the world

PjOtTeR> I should change my name to horny gypsy humper

saying Goddess name is like saying Voldemort in the Harry Potter World. She-who-must-not-be-named is fucking Taboo

Comment

what was that song where it was like

"question"

"blablablablabla blablabla do dod odo odododo"

Comment

Destiny's child - independent woMAN

yeaaa
                        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                        Failure teaches success.

Comment

I think that this is a way to bypass the ?ignore command as Kolar has said and by giving a ?cheater call will help you because it is the best way to get the person banned. I have had the same problem when Ignite was spamming our whole squad because he lost to us in a TWDD and he went to another "zone" and starting nuking our chat... A mod helped us out and it suddenly stopped. Thanks for TW staff.
                          Mr. Arrogant 2 entered arena

Paky Dude> asdfasdf
                          Paky Dude> sdfasdkl;fasdklfjkl
                          Paky Dude> asl'fjalsdkfjkldfj
                          Paky Dude> jfalsfjklasdjfklsdfj
                          Paky Dude> now gtfo

Mr. Arrogant 2 left arena

Comment

It's up to the players themselves, not just the staff, to get someone like this banned. Staff works best with real-time evidence, so it's up to the players to use ?cheater as it happens. Which is what I think some players will be doing now.

Out of curiosity, how can one be sure that he is changing nick to evade ?ignore lists? Sometimes people like to change nick just for the fun of it maybe. But I don't know the situation and maybe it's pretty obvious.

Comment

Eph, make sure you log everything when that happens. Just another mode of insurance that he can be banned.
                              5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Working...
                              X