No announcement yet.

the state of -Legacy-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else find the irony in the squadname here?
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

First of all, I had a heck of a time on both scrotals and legacy. I think I was the fifth one to join on the roster after you, na$, ara, and connection, and I was amongst the 15 chosen to go along on the merge with legacy.

I can safely say my leg/scrot experience was amongst the most memorable experiences I've had on this game, and I'm truly saddened to see us sort of fade away. Here's to hoping you (and anyone else in our squad of squads) don't go the retired route like Sir Elim.

My respect goes out to both Scrot, Sir Elim, and Top who were able to keep our squad up and running for so long amidst the "squads created and dissolved in a day" trend of this TWD system. (by the way, Pegasis omitted from thanks due to homosexuality)

It was a nice run while it lasted, guys- I for one, am going to continue to wear the -legacy- squad as a banner, and I hope many of us will continue to do the same.
      Last edited by iLDuce; 12-01-2005, 07:18 AM.
      :confused: Are human fat?

Comment

Scrotal is right

I agree with everything scortal had to say in that long ass message of his. It is sad to see -legacy- not succeed like we all thought it would. I figured with me and scrotal running the squad It was destinged for greatness. Like Scrotal this is a new TW and we were not prepared.

I believe the biggest downfall to long lasting squads like scrotal said was this new twd system we had. For me I never really cared about matches just another way to hear noobs cry and insult each other. When matches are so easily accessable for ppl it makes them less important, and useless. Making it to where you have to play 5-7 matches a day to keep a squad is pointless. There should be 1 match a week, which allows them to matter more and for squads to have the best show. Thats why I never understood ppl talking trash after a twd match now, saying they beat a squad. You just happen to beat who the squad had on at moment, probably not there best was there. For Legacy we all had lives outside this game, go figure that, and could not play everyday. So we would very rarely but out a decent line cause most of our stars couldnt make it on. This is why matches should be placed once a week, and a time given in advance so more ppl can make it. It just sad to see the turnover squads have now a days. Legacy back in the day never worried about losing ppl. Thats how we all became so close, cause we were together so long and grew to know each other real well.

Nickname when your squad asked to join Legacy I had the same responce as Scrotal. I was like wtf, hell no, and so on. It no insult to your squad, but we are not going to pro long Legacys demise. All the captains just ddint care about running the squad anymore and have more more important things in life to worry about. So a merger would be in effect useless, and I feel unneccessary. Yet I still wish you all luck in where you do decide to go. Yet bragging about how we dont have all stars, and you are 1 means shit. Legacy does have a bunch of world class players, but thats why it was created. It was created for a bunch of friends to have fun and maybe kick some noobs ass like scrotal said.

The last point I think competion is overall better now a days, but I do feel the top squads in the past like Elusive and Siege would have owned ANY squad there is out now. Being around those days, and being in Elusive I got 2 see the talent those squads had. Now not 1 squad would stack up to the power those squads would have. It just happens that most of those hall of fame caliber players dont play ss anymore. Either way I feel we will never know the true answer to this question, but still this is just a game and I care less who is the best.

elim killer!

ps. Ilduce im happy to hear that you will keep your tag on, cause u know I will, and hope many other like you do the same.

Legacy 4 LIfe

Comment

Originally posted by crazi
          whoa we were inactive? lol ... i didnt even notice. everytime i came on squad chat, there was always someone to say hello. sure we never tried hard or played any shitty squads to get some cheap laughs, but who cares? i joined -L- because I finally recognized more than 3 people on the damn squad. Plus when I saw that Sir Elim and Scrotal was on the squad, i was like damn!

The average player has not gotten better. Example: A player from 4 years ago comes and plays elim. Usually they will get something like 42-3.

The reason why most of the vets SUCK ASS is because of the res cap.

There are some better players now that have gotten better over time but overall, its still the same damn spaceship game.

Scrotal, give me your lunch money.
          Thats a difference case for me, you see i started 2002 (playin wbs) i went ?go elim, and the days/months go on and i havent gotten better at wb ever since..
          TWLD Champion 2014
          TWDTB Champion 2013
          TWDTB Champion 2016
          TWDTB Champion 2017
          TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
          -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Elusive WAS around when TWD was active ... and other squads such as Light were around as well. TWD didn't kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
              Elusive WAS around when TWD was active ... and other squads such as Light were around as well. TWD didn't kill them.
              Yes it was. However its roster was almost unrecognizeable from its original state.
              The Scrotal Master
              "Master of Scrotal Matters"
              "Harbringer of d00m!"

now appearing as ::drumroll::
              box turtle

http://www.cafepress.com/historicemblems

Comment

lol at res cap making people suck. did you ever stop to think that when you can see strays coming off radar about 3 inches earlier than other people then maybe its not all skill? A level playing field does more to separate skill from buying good computers and monitors. just..rofl about the 42-3 elims also. havent even seen a 30 kill game lately there arent enough people in
                I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Scrotal
                  Yes it was. However its roster was almost unrecognizeable from its original state.
                  it still won twld didnt it? or was it lj? cant really remember

see? thats your problem, just cause you dont recognize the players doesnt mean they suck.. a team full of so called 'vet' doesnt mean its invincible, vets are players that have played for a while, and in your case, people who are also good... but that does not mean that new comers cant be at the same level or even above the 'vets'..
                  Last edited by Nethila; 12-02-2005, 11:52 PM.
                  1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila

see? thats your problem, just cause you dont recognize the players doesnt mean they suck.. a team full of so called 'vet' doesnt mean its invincible, vets are players that have played for a while, and in your case, people who are also good... but that does not mean that new comers cant be at the same level or even above the 'vets'..
                    i dont see what you would know about any of this..youre just a #@$!er lovin' lib and a baser. If you've ever captained a squad (which i doubt you have cause I've never really heard of you before as a player) then you know how hard it is to get everything running. You're missing scrot's point I believe also. Elusive may have won a championship, but they werent the same players doing it that had played with them in years past. They simply adjusted well to the TWD system and switched around their roster.

Also scrot is totally right about players you dont recognize being bad..you obviously havent dueled much to understand that teamwork comes over time as you play together (although this applies to basing as well). While they may aim and dodge well, what separates the vets from them is the knowledge of how to play with your team. If you ?go wbduel you will see what im saying in action: a bunch of people only playing the way they know how with no coordination amongst themselves.

I still cant think of a reason why leg WOULD want to merge with some squad named 'red veil'. Even if they're good players, I cant imagine a bunch of new people coming in and getting along perfect with everyone who had been on the squad. Just imagine some idiots from forums joining quicksand for a second..say Kolar and troll king and whatever other people live to dissect others posts. Every time we start fighting with each other and talking shit (every day) Kolar or TK would pop in with 6 forum quotes and some ass backwards logic. While its simple enough to just kick them, they might have made friends with some of the members and decide to take them somewhere else. I still dont think I've ever seen a real merge work to this day
                    Last edited by Izor; 12-03-2005, 01:04 AM.
                    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila

What? I never said that they suck. Please....gag with me with a spoon!

Elusive had a completely different roster, that's all that I said. They didnt win it with their original guys....almost no original guys. That doesnt mean that it wasnt a great accomplishment. IT WAS. All I'm saying is that when Elusive was around when TWD was here, they had guys that could function in the new system. I dont even need to elaborate that far to defend a statement I never made. Your problem is misinterpreting other people's statements and then crucifying them for something they didnt say. I bet you could get a job with a major news network. Your future is bright, son. ^-^
                      The Scrotal Master
                      "Harbringer of d00m!"

box turtle

Comment

Wait a sec Scrot what exactly is the problem with TWD and how did it lead to the downfall of your squad? I am wondering because I've always liked TWD even if sometimes I get annoyed at the 1 or 2 people who want to play games non-stop (I usually told them to shut up when I ran Elusive).

What I gather is, you don't like it because your squad kept demanding games, and you didn't want to give it to them right? And you're saying that old vets don't want to keep demanding games, and your squad was a vet squad... I don't see how it correlates.

Either your vet heavy squad doesn't want to play all the time, thus they DON'T play all the time and nobody is worse off,

OR

A significant part of the squad is made of new players who DO want to play all the time, but you didn't let them play or you only recruited like 2 of them and the squad is worse off.

If it's the second, why did you recruit these people in the first place? There's plenty of people out there who don't want to play non-stop. As long as you have a core of people who log on and have fun, you have a squad. Then again you could have just recruited more of these people and pulled an Sk8 and played non-stop

Before you say that they will all leave if you don't play non-stop, and playing non-stop is just not your style, consider my current squad Pirates. We play quite infrequently (you can check your TWD stats yourself). People are always asking for games, and usually they don't materialize. Yet we're a pretty stable squad and we are made up of people who didn't even play back in the day. Besides, Hercules' recruiting strategy seems completely random too, so that can't be it either.

It's too bad you couldn't keep legacy running until TWL started (whenever that will be) because that tends to makes things a lot better in terms of fun... oh well.
                        Last edited by Epinephrine; 12-03-2005, 01:18 PM.
                        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                        www.animeslice.com

Comment

I .... wanted .... to ..... read all this. I just can't.
                          3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
                          3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
                          MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                            Wait a sec Scrot what exactly is the problem with TWD and how did it lead to the downfall of your squad? I am wondering because I've always liked TWD even if sometimes I get annoyed at the 1 or 2 people who want to play games non-stop (I usually told them to shut up when I ran Elusive).

What I gather is, you don't like it because your squad kept demanding games, and you didn't want to give it to them right? And you're saying that old vets don't want to keep demanding games, and your squad was a vet squad... I don't see how it correlates.

Either your vet heavy squad doesn't want to play all the time, thus they DON'T play all the time and nobody is worse off,

OR

A significant part of the squad is made of new players who DO want to play all the time, but you didn't let them play or you only recruited like 2 of them and the squad is worse off.

If it's the second, why did you recruit these people in the first place? There's plenty of people out there who don't want to play non-stop. As long as you have a core of people who log on and have fun, you have a squad. Then again you could have just recruited more of these people and pulled an Sk8 and played non-stop

Before you say that they will all leave if you don't play non-stop, and playing non-stop is just not your style, consider my current squad Pirates. We play quite infrequently (you can check your TWD stats yourself). People are always asking for games, and usually they don't materialize. Yet we're a pretty stable squad and we are made up of people who didn't even play back in the day. Besides, Hercules' recruiting strategy seems completely random too, so that can't be it either.

It's too bad you couldn't keep legacy running until TWL started (whenever that will be) because that tends to makes things a lot better in terms of fun... oh well.

No no.....you have missed several of the points from my original post. Don't refer to the squad as my squad because it just wasn't my squad. It was Sir Elim's squad. I was a captain on it, but the responsibility of keeping it afloat should not be pinned solely on me. I cared alot about keeping it afloat and did alot but in the end it's not my squad. I didnt recruit very many other than what I brought over. I share the responsibility in its destruction. I realize that all we would have needed was a core of players that liked to come on and play all the time and that would give us a squad....like you stated. But definitely not a good squad. We didnt have a continuous core of players from the beginning. The best that we brought in were gone, and our core players were completely different either from quitting or extreme innactivity. I'm sure there are plenty of players out there that are good and don't like to play alot of twd games just like you said. But, like I said...

Sir Elim and I are old players. We have been retired or semi-retired for several years. The only players we know are old players, and alot of the players we used to know don't play anymore; or if they do, it is rare indeed. When some of those old players began to leave -Legacy- and go elsewhere, we could not replace them...

I wrote a 1525 word essay thinking that that would cover all the issues. I gave you all the reasons why and believe me, the reasons are legit. And I mean no offense against you personally Epi....the following message is intended for everyone that misunderstood me. It just seems that I made a long-ass post with all the reasons we broke apart included, and I tied them all together for everyone's benefit. Then I have to prepare myself for a series of counterposts from whole host of people that either missed the boat entirely and/or put words and phrases in my mouth that I did not say.

Now I remember why I almost never post. I just wanted to tell everyone why we broke up, so you will know that it was not because Sir Elim and I are sorry squadleaders. Alot of newer players werent around in the old days, so they view us as sorry leaders. Someone with a somewhat recognizeable, but newer name, asked me the other day if I was going to run anymore squads into the ground. I thought this post would detach me and Sir Elim from our current reputation of "running squads into the ground," and salvage some dignity. Sir Elim and I were victims of the new system. We were from another time and were largely unprepared and unaware of the altered nature of the game and the many differences involved in holding a major squad together as opposed to the past.

Now Ive said all I should have to say in this thread to make my points evident to everyone. You can disagree with my points, and thats alright. But this is my final post in this thread in replying to a counter-post that was reasonably coherent. I will only respond now if someone's post is so utterly moronic that the situation dictates me to intercede.
                            The Scrotal Master
                            "Harbringer of d00m!"

box turtle

Comment

...we just dont give a rip...we are tired of the stress involved and really arent phased anymore by getting our shit pushed in during TWD matches...none of the caps can resurrect the situation or just dont care, and the members dont care...
                              The above is what I took away from Scrotal's original post.

Comment

It was fun while it lasted! TK'ing at 3am with ilduce, scrot, and elim killer... good times. I'd hate to see EK go, but good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X