Ownage got Owned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kolar
    Lets not speculate here, it just fuels the fears and distorts the truth. If you have to ask weather some people have been found guility of hacking/cheating before.... you really have no information at all.
    yea i have no information at all and just made it up...http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=3271
    Zingy> do you have a hobby of making random comments that make no sense

Comment

Seems Like Yesterday

Originally posted by smokes
      yea i have no information at all and just made it up...http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=3271

A game in TWD was in progress with Value vs. Immolate. The player SyckPhreak (AKA: Squadless, a member of Value. This is what people claim who the alternate alias is) was saying how he was going to crash the TW server. No one thought much of this, so i checked it out after the multiple ?cheater's came in complaining about this threat.

I spoke to him, and he said he would crash Trench Wars. Everyone took it as a bluff. SyckPhreak started abusing ?cheater and started spamming profanities; He was warned for his actions.

Trench Wars started experiencing lag, and crashed numerious times (possibly between two or three times, dropping population downwards of 50-80 players).

He later begun talking to me, saying if i banned him he would hack Trench Wars furthermore, and make it so no one could play. After speaking with DoCk>, he was issued a ban for one week.

Two minutes later, after the ban - Trench Wars started experiencing troublesome lag. In upwards of 50% ploss per-player.

Turns out, SyckPhreak was spamming the Trench Wars router with 50MB+ of loose packet data. PriitK shortly later was informed, and was tracing him.

Trench Wars is now not operational, we believe PriitK shut it down to save on costs of the extra bandwidth moving throughout the server.

If you would like to contribute and help pay for the damage done, and some of the fee's to help out the Trench Wars community, you're more than welcome. Please visit http://www.trenchwars.org and visit the Donation link for more information.

Once this problem is solved, Trench Wars should be reactivated.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

NOTE: Other zones may be effected by this too. Shortly after this attack on Trench Wars, various other zones on SSCX/SSCE/SSCU/SSCT were experiecing the same problems. If your zone is currently not available, please wait until further information on this topic is available, or keep refreshing your Zone List.

-Strike
      Trench Wars Moderator
      Last edited by Strike : 03-30-2003 at 02:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Izor
        You're speculating that a staffer did it, even though there is no prize in the log. If theres nothing there, and he had shield, how do you explain it since the only way for a staffer to give him shield is *prize
        I mean bringing irrational fears to this discussion when no evidence or anything points to it.

And BTW Squadless was talking out of his ass, he always says he'll drop our server, he actually told a staffer that 2 days ago and... nothing.
        Last edited by Kolar; 01-30-2006, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Saying that upper staff members are not to be trusted even though the evidence says that they didnt do anything is a very irrational fear. On top of that no evidence points to any smod
          I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
          I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Saying that upper staff members are not to be trusted even though the evidence says that they didnt do anything is a very irrational fear. On top of that no evidence points to any smod
            I wouldn't know if any of us could trust them. I think it is irrational and stupid at this point to be talking about a new cheat when everything we know at this point, points to the abuse of powers by a staffer. That's all I know at this time, wait for PL and other Smods to work it out and we'll know for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikrit
              Kolar, the only problem with your theory that it was someone prizing him is that *prize does not show up anywhere in the server log around that time.
              I think that clears anyone on staff, unless you have some other way that wouldnt get logged

Comment

I think that clears anyone on staff, unless you have some other way that wouldnt get logged
                For some reason Bot commands are not logged and because the checks some staffers did resetting didn't look the same while using CE and because there is no evidence or proof of another cheat I think it points to staffer abuse.

Edit: I'm sure the uppers know more and are trying to find out more, we are all speculating here with different levels of credable information so lets not let this turn into another 'one of those' threads. I'm just offering what ever information I am allowed to give.
                Last edited by Kolar; 01-30-2006, 03:14 PM.

Comment

All right I wont go turn this into 'one of those' threads but since I saw no bots in that screenshot and I didnt think matchbots could prize, I saw no way for staff to do this. But I guess this entire speculation stuff is for after we see what is happening to whoever that kid is

Comment

All right I wont go turn this into 'one of those' threads but since I saw no bots in that screenshot and I didnt think matchbots could prize, I saw no way for staff to do this. But I guess this entire speculation stuff is for after we see what is happening to whoever that kid is
                    Yeah I don't think Matchbots can prize people or load a lot moduels besides base, twbd/dd/jd ect.. All Bots do have Smod as far as I know so it is a possiability but unlikely. I got there pretty late when I took that screen shot, I also didn't check for any bots at the time.
                    Last edited by Kolar; 01-30-2006, 03:42 PM.

Comment

dont you all work?

lets just wait for the verdict. i'm sure both sides gave in their two cents from the 3 pages of posting listed already. its not like the stuff we write out actually have a influence to each other about leth's lag. so lets just be patient and see what those "higher ups" determine the answer or resolution for this problem.

?go wbduel

-OBNZ

PS: hi UNABLED! lolz

Comment

stfu

did he have shields in a dd game or not? if yes then ssc ban if not fuk it
                        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

He had shields.... Wanst tw talking about how like there was new hidden smods and stuff.. Think about this a bot hidden under a playername.. Someone uses this bot prizes leth.. If this is the case cant tell w.e thats good and all..

Now leth if you get shields during a dd your not gonna specced he stopped playing and was typing in chat.. We were all typing we should have finished off animol and got are points...

Now im asking that someone closes this forum everyone going about the same thing. Let the upper staff deal with it. Everyone is just going to keep ridding on with this useless stuff.

Ps- Whats up oc's
                          [Aug 18 01:02] Creature: embarrassed u lsot to riverside, jsut wanted to come online for first time in many months to express my opniion. mad embarrassed 4 u

Comment

Even if it was a bot prizing him the shields, it would show up in the server's log. PM'ing TWBot with !prizeplayer shields:leth makes TWBot send the message :leth:*prize #13 (I think 13 is shields...)
                            Ban Ikrit

Comment

Definatly know it wasnt you prizing cause 18 is shields :P. And Didnt you just hear kolar say that the bot prizing does not show up on the log for some reason?
                              You all just got to know leth he wouldnt do it. he cant do it. ikrit be cool and just close this or else ill defend him everytime someone posts :P
                              [Aug 18 01:02] Creature: embarrassed u lsot to riverside, jsut wanted to come online for first time in many months to express my opniion. mad embarrassed 4 u

Comment

Originally posted by Unabled
                                Definatly know it wasnt you prizing cause 18 is shields :P. And Didnt you just hear kolar say that the bot prizing does not show up on the log for some reason?
                                You all just got to know leth he wouldnt do it. he cant do it. ikrit be cool and just close this or else ill defend him everytime someone posts :P
                                Ikrit would know more then me in that area so maybe he's right, i'm only going by what some Smods told me. Lets wait for the final word on this.

Comment

Working...
                                X