Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TW flight (like "white flight" but not racist)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW flight (like "white flight" but not racist)

I've noticed a continuing pattern in the last 3 months: that of more and more players, if not quitting entirely, at least moving from TW arena (pub or not), to the SVIE servers.

Actually, you can discern the Chaos and Alpah (!! even) servers growing in a non-linear function of population. I'm guessing by a non-scientific manner that the other, more robust servers grow by 1/4 to the detriment of the TW server loss. Factor that in your heads...

I'm guessing that for every 4 players quitting TW, 1 of them is setting up in Chaos or Alpha, and the other 3 are rotating in/out as they explore the uncommon subspace realm. These are the lucky ones. as far as the UNLUCKY ones, its the TW community: hosted games are suffering, Zombies games can be a torture, etc.. depending on time of day, etc... Also, night time (EST) pub is ruined, due to the private freqs. Of course, I LOVE LT-ing, so no complaints there, except that the formula has ruined the "old" LT-ing experience. NO bitching here really, as I am doing a lot of turreting in Chaos for my fun (and its FUN, heheh, cloak and all or all levi, or multi -ship), but PRIVATE FREQS, I counted 7 tonight, is undoing the team-experience.

In CHAOS, or even alpha, the team-based play is dependent on SVIE settings and your fellow team-mates greening efforts. In TW, greens are almost NO matter (other than for the random PORTAL or BURST green for your team terr). Levi-terrs usually help themselves... but having 5 or 6 freqs in a 30 person arena sux....

To CLARIFY: 5-6 man freqs in SVIE settings is fine (fun, really!! go hunt a turret in CHAOS).
    5-6 man freqs in Trench SUCKS!!? WHY? Unless you like to get spawned to death, it should be obvious. You have 20 enemy around you in a very, very, very small map!! NOT like Chaos or even Alpha.!!

In conclusion, the Trench Map settings for pub, suck when many private freqencies are allowed with a smaller player base, due either to TIME of day, or to player flight to more fun pubs.
    I like TW, and wish the best for it. I welcome positive or critical input as to my comments, but I am content to alert the "non-privilaged-elite" as to a serious problem.

SAVE TRENCH!!!

I forgot to mention, really, the formula in CHAOS is that, the smaller the PUB arenas become, the SMALLER the FREQ, PRIV or not, is allowed..
    Example, 16 people in arena: 3 man freqs
    32 people in arena: 6 man freqs

Etc, you get the idea.... it makes for fair play, considering.
    Another factor could be the PUB arenas in Chaos at leat and elaborate bots in other servers reward players for their accomplishments. Their is no dispute once a bot logs a big kill........ other than chit chat...

Comment

shut the fuck up

Comment

What are you talking about Evasive? If you don't agree with my hypothesis or statements, there is absolutely no need for such and immature response. Grow up, boy. Your influence on this 2-d game player base has apparently been an abomination to those who sought a fun activity. I see you're "keeping up the bad work". Please recuse your comments from my threads if they are so biased with ignorance and disregard. dude? No speeky to meeeky, kkkkk, bad bad! No talky, no talky! Smoke some bud and relax.... I'm concerned with TW, please respect the players once

Comment

llol
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.

Comment

MEOW
            Originally posted by Tone
            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
            Originally posted by the_paul
            Gargle battery acid fuckface
            Originally posted by Material Girl
            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Working...
            X