Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basing Idea

how giving this a try...

in base the winning team doesnt get specced untill they lose...it would be kinda fun, it will keep everyone interested, and might make base a more common place so we get more basers and more fun...what do you all think?

the idea can be worked on of course..

Originally posted by trancE tunes
    how giving this a try...

in base the winning team doesnt get specced untill they lose...it would be kinda fun, it will keep everyone interested, and might make base a more common place so we get more basers and more fun...what do you all think?

the idea can be worked on of course..

so WINNER STAYS ON!!!!!!!!!! i like it
    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

the idea sucks, go base is a practice arena
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

It's a good idea. The best practice is playing in a competative enviroment.
        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Who has enough time to play 3 - 5 consecutive games in ?go base ??

Its a practise arena, and everyone knows that squads will take it as a challenge.

EG: Pandora have picked a Pandora only line up, and have played 2 Games against various players in ?go base.

dicE hear of this, and feel that they want to take ?go base back. They pick a dicE only team, and voila, you have a pointless Anti-Noob Basing game, in which there will be enough whining to fill Cig's belly.

Comment

Yah stick with the 10-0 games, they are much nicer than the rivalry you discribe.
            If half of the players remains, it will take less time to pick teams, and if someone has to leave he will be replaced.
            I don't see a 24*7 rivalry between squads happening in ?go base, so I think the only thing changes is that it will be me more rewarding to win.
            You ate some priest porridge

Comment

This squad rivalry is exactly what we need. Id like the idea of squad fights again. Good idea
              Makelele> whos camping
              Sumpson> mitch
              KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
              Lemar> mitch
              Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

Comment

it's a nice idea, but players arent gonna stick around for several games.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab
                  it's a nice idea, but players arent gonna stick around for several games.
                  As long as they stick around for 2-3 games ... which I think a bunch will. Players who lost will want to get revenge. Players who've won will wanna continue win streak. Faster setup times bc winning team is already there. Prob closer games bc more ppl will try. Only thing is that I think newer players won't be picked as much.

Comment

That means only 8 new players will be picked each game, how would you feel if you were the 10th best player in the arena and never got picked. It would suck.
                    the price is right, bitch.

Comment

given the possible failure points of this idea i don't expect anyone to give up their time to develop the module for it.

although it could be a fun idea, we're really ok as we are.

Comment

Why not draw a little inspiration from pub? Make base in rounds? Best of 3, but lower the game-time to 7-8 minutes. Gives us a slightly different (and maybe more competitive) variation of play. Heck maybe we can be really RiskA - and make it so that base plays with max 1 terr, 2 sharks.. but 6 other ships? and a max special limit of 2-3? Let's change something, or at least tweak something. ^-^

Edit - btw i personally have always loved the new lanc settings.. rock with it in elim, and if its used right, its very helpful in base. If you get a quick shot on a shark, you can kill it - instead of getting your second/killshot repped away a second later. Plus, if the terr is taking damage, and is just about to escape.. one multi-fire shot can take it out where that one spider shot might not. Maybe we could make it so that in base, you need at least 1 lanc? or something of the sort?
                        Last edited by Capital Knockers; 02-11-2006, 04:03 PM.
                        7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                        7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                        7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                        7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                        1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

How about using Eggs' Alternative Basing settings, found at ?go eggs for a trial weekend or something??

Or anyone else who fancies themselves as a Ship Settings Maker..

Ideas?

Comment

It seems like an okay idea to test, building stronger line ups ect.. I was also thinking for ?go base why not section off more then one base and have more then one game going so doing tests like these are not as hard.

Edit: Lancasters are useless in real basing and the way public is right now I wouldn't draw on it for ideas as it alone needs some serious work.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
                              Edit: Lancasters are useless in real basing and the way public is right now I wouldn't draw on it for ideas as it alone needs some serious work.
                              The lancs can be useful in 5v5 or 6v6 games.
                              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Working...
                              X