Bans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bans.

I have a question, how does someone know that he's banned and why?
    Also, I would like to ask if matteo!!! is banned and if he is, why.

Sorry if i posted this in the wrong place, i have been searching for a ban thread though.
    <;D-K

Well, you should already know why you wore banned, And you'll know that you are banned cause if you try to go into that zone you should get a little message telling you that you are banned from that zone and gives you dates when you can come back, I don't think it tells you why you wore banned in that message.. But they give you an email where you can complain about that ban I belive.
    Last edited by l s; 02-27-2006, 01:25 PM.

Comment

If you have personal issues about a ban or a complaint, please use the following email addresses:

Bans: bans09@trenchwars.org
      Complaints: Complaints@trenchwars.org
      this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
      (:3=

Comment

I think he is asking how to find out if someone else has been banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Baszie
          I have a question, how does someone know that he's banned and why?
          Also, I would like to ask if matteo!!! is banned and if he is, why.

Sorry if i posted this in the wrong place, i have been searching for a ban thread though.
          You personally would know if you're banned when you try to login to the zone or network you were banned from. The why is a little different, in TW you can find out by emailing bans09@trenchwars.org with the Ban ID.. in other zones you'll have to contact their local staff. As for other players that information is not provided to third parties, you'll have to ask that player.

Comment

Why is there not a list of banned players, both current and past, available for others to view?

PlayerX -- ban number -- ban start 1/1/06 -- ban end 1/8/06 -- reason for ban

Is it not a good thing that others see this information? The 'upside' seems obvious, squads and players could then rely on correct information in forming judgments about who they chose to play with and that some people might think twice if this information could follow them around? People could quickly see why they were banned without waiting on an email.

The 'down side' is what? A very small percentage of little boys who might try to be banned to see their name buried on some list on a web site?

If someone gets banned and then later is exonerated, it could also be listed so no harm is done, everyone can plainly see they were not guilty.
            Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
              Why is there not a list of banned players, both current and past, available for others to view?

PlayerX -- ban number -- ban start 1/1/06 -- ban end 1/8/06 -- reason for ban

Is it not a good thing that others see this information? The 'upside' seems obvious, squads and players could then rely on correct information in forming judgments about who they chose to play with and that some people might think twice if this information could follow them around? People could quickly see why they were banned without waiting on an email.

The 'down side' is what? A very small percentage of little boys who might try to be banned to see their name buried on some list on a web site?

If someone gets banned and then later is exonerated, it could also be listed so no harm is done, everyone can plainly see they were not guilty.
              Thoughts?
              I agree.
              1:abbot> i think i played well
              1:brookus> abbot last time i checked YOU lost
              1:brookus> so im going to say that YOU sucked as well

7:Sleuth> HOW DO YOU FUCKS SAY CRACKER
              7:Vue> WE SAY CRACKER
              7:Vue> U DIPSHIT

7:Rampage Jackson> wtf are you guys drunk or 15?
              7:Vue> lol jackson when sleuth is online everyone becomes 15

oar> i got rejected from Stray
              oar> and both of their caps are on my personal chat
              oar> but its ok

Comment

People do it for a lot less these days.

Comment

The amount of aliases used, not to mention the plague that is nametrading renders such a concept useless. I manage that list and I can probably only name about a dozen or two people who consistently appear under the same name in consecutive bans over the last thirteen hundred entries I've seen. So you see, making it publicly available would do very little for you in terms of what has been suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy
                    The amount of aliases used, not to mention the plague that is nametrading renders such a concept useless. I manage that list and I can probably only name about a dozen or two people who consistently appear under the same name in consecutive bans over the last thirteen hundred entries I've seen. So you see, making it publicly available would do very little for you in terms of what has been suggested.
                    Your selling, but I ain't buying.
                    Reasons why this is the right thing to do:

- Since the list already exists, the amount of work to make it public would be very small.
                    - What would it hurt to give it a try?
                    - Even if there are many aliases, it would still be good for everyone to know what these names are so they can beware

And most importantly....
                    - IMO, the fact that the perception of the staff ALWAYS been that they do not communicate effectively to the rest of the community would be MORE than enough reason to do this small thing.
                    Last edited by Ephemeral; 02-28-2006, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you about the ban info, I didn't know people get a message when they're banned. Btw I didn't mean myself but another player.

About the list:

It's actually a good idea, but I understand from these posts that there aren't that many different people that get banned. if a banned person can still use the messagebot while he is banned, people will know too.
                      <;D-K

Comment

I'd agree with Rudy, only I know it'd cost me the next week in posts to explain to Eph why.

Comment

Your selling, but I ain't buying.
                          Reasons why this is the right thing to do:

- Since the list already exists, the amount of work to make it public would be very small.
                          - What would it hurt to give it a try?
                          - Even if there are many aliases, it would still be good for everyone to know what these names are so they can beware

And most importantly....
                          - IMO, the fact that the perception of the staff ALWAYS been that they do not communicate effectively to the rest of the community would be MORE than enough reason to do this small thing.

wow i agree
                          -Kawrae

Comment

Working...
                          X