What comes after "Player's Guide"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What comes after "Player's Guide"?

I was trying to find TWPS Archive to see if anyone ELSE has proposed arenas without cloakers (gee, I wonder), and it looks like there's nothing in there. I mean, NOTHING in the archive. But While I was looking at TWPS Discussion, there was a thread discussing proposed tweaks to pub settings (limit numbers for ship types), and Pressure Drop says:

"This would further put off any new players and increase the amount of whining going on."

I'm thinking to myself, I'm ALREADY kind of put off by the cloakers, who seem to contradict the "What is TW" blurb on the site: "a balanced and skill oriented flagging match". I'm trying to figure out what lack of skill is getting me lamed by a cloaker who comes out of nowhere. Makes the game more meaningless for me, and sometimes I just quit playing.

But this whining comes from being just a casual player for a couple of years. To be honest, I see the message "Pure pub settings have been enabled", and I don't even know what it means, except for no levis. I tried to find out its meaning on this site, and I can't. Does it even exist here? It seems like everything here is oriented to those who already know everything. The Player's Guide is limited to what key press does what...and there's nothing in between the Guide and the advanced stuff in the forums. What's a squad? Why do I care? (OK, there are four lines about squads in the FAQ, but they don't help much with the WHY.) I once went to elimination match, and got kicked out for breaking a rule. Huh? What rule? Nothing intentional, but I couldn't find out where to read the rules. Kind of frustrating. The news.txt for the elim arena says "Violating event rules in (sub)arenas hosted by a referee or in (Base)Elim.
    Rules and warnings are usually given in the form of (green) arena messages,
    so pay attention to them."
    OK...but I don't see the rules in green when I ?go elim

I'm looking for some medium-level help, for someone who already knows what key to press, but doesn't go anywhere but pubs right now. Can anyone help me out? I don't mean help me out by typing a whole encyclopedia, but hopefully point me to some existing documentation.

Thanks,
    dog breath

Originally posted by dog breath
    I was trying to find TWPS Archive to see if anyone ELSE has proposed arenas without cloakers (gee, I wonder), and it looks like there's nothing in there. I mean, NOTHING in the archive.
    Goto the bottom in the forum, on the controls select 'Last Posting Time' and From the 'Beginning'. There are some there, the staffer review forum has more I think but it's private. TWPS is rather complicated, Qan even said it when quitting so if you do have a poposal or anyone just clearly state who would do what mainly because that normally kills any TWPS.

Pure Publics were invented by Qan, me and a few others who were around before the weasel was changed and LTing was a major problem for basing in public. The player's guide was also created before all these changes were made but luckly this forum and the people here can answer any question you have. With DoCk> (this zone's Sysop next to Pure_Luck) afk publics could be developed further but mainly people are working on getting TWL going so look for changes this year, I hope.

Squads are kinda like guilds if you've ever played another Online Game or Massive Online Game. The function of squads fulfill two aspect of this game mostly, social atmospeheres and "grouping" with other players to play games either in a public arena, TWD (Trench Wars Division) or if they're a little bit better TWL (Trench Wars Leagues).

In baseelim you can not stay outside of the Base (the north struture) for very long. The reason being that it eliminates spawning and Jav dueling is centered around using the base objects. Other not so stright forward rules are no teaming with others (everyone is fair game..), no hidding and no running (Running being refusing to fight).

Any other questions ask here.
    Last edited by Kolar; 03-12-2006, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X