Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BaseElim

Hello Everybody,

The reason I start this thread is because BaseElim is, like Evasive said in another thread, more dead then alive...

At prime time, when Trench Wars has 500+ players online, 15-20 players play baseelim...
    When Trench Wars has 250 or less, BaseElim is hardly played.

Reasons, according to me:
    - Untill a short while ago, there wasn't a website that kept track of the games in ?go baseelim (and ?go elim)

- The TWBot in ?go javs that is giving arena messages with streaks is also drawing a big crowd away from BaseElim directly towards ?go javs.
    This isnt neccesarily a bad thing, it is making other jav arena's more competative wich is, appearently, a big reason for players to play in ?go javs instead of ?go baseelim.

- Random terr and cloaker games aren't beneficial for the popularity of BaseElim
    Nobody is waiting on those cloaker games that never have a winner, or the terr games where it always turns out in a 1 on 1 shitty long-lasting fight, where as soon as the players run out of burst he/she starts running like crazy.

My opinion on what BaseElim needs to get its popularity back:

- a Streakbot / TWBot doing arena messages about streaks in Baseelim
    - a website that includes a top100 function
    - a bot without random terr and cloaker games, the shark games are 'allright' but nothing more then that...

If you have another opinion or additions or whatever, please share it...

KEEP BASEELIM ALIVE!!!

ronaldo

Belim and Elim stats were recorded, more extensive listings were kept but since roboRefs or some site Priitk was hosting stopped working all we have is the basic information recored by another bot on the elim site.

I've always found the streak moduel to be excessively annoying but if it is implimented into RoboRefs maybe an option to turn it on and off would be nice I.E private messages.. or maybe a chat channel.

BaseElim should be limited to popular ships, I've had to warn some people for dragging out the terrier and weasel Belims intentionally. I wouldn't say javdueling is becomming unpopular because ?go javduel has been active lately, javs is doing good and TWL is starting up next weekend. I think we should focus on turning Elim and Belim back into the more prestigious dueling arenas they once were.
    Last edited by Kolar; 04-13-2006, 12:03 PM.

Comment

A reason Baseelim is dead is because there are too many games, and just like .?go base, it gets repeatative.

Ideas:

Don't let baseelim games start one right after another. Make baseelim games a HOT COMODITY. Perhaps some kind of timer up, only allowing 5 or 6 baseelim to 10 games be played during the course of an hour.

Lets say its 2 PM eastern time (just a random time but this could be 24/7:
      -1st baseelim game starts at 2 PM regardless of players
      -2nd baseelim game starts at 2:15 PM
      -3rd game starts at 2:30
      -4th game starts at 2:45
      -5th game starts at 3 PM

This ^ isn't real accurate but you get the idea. Does anyone have a good idea to fix the above idea? Somehow limit the amount of games there is played and have an ad system to countdown the minutes until the next Javelin to 10 game starts. People love what they can't have. Take away baseelim for 10 minutes, and they will want and MAKE SURE they get in the next game.

Or if you wanna get real radical:

Make baseelim only be able to start with 15 players (from prime times 12 PM est - 8 PM est.)

And 10 players to start (8 PM est through 11 AM est) <---this is where late night Americans are playing and early morning Euros are also playing (10 AM their time)

-genes
      lol GA trying to make a joke:

1:Golden_Aim> sle
      1:sleuth> sup
      1:Golden_Aim> you wanted the bd for saturday?
      1:Golden_Aim> is your dada gay
      1:sleuth> ?
      1:revolt> rofl
      1:revolt> ur so bad
      1:Golden_Aim> LOL
      1:Golden_Aim> DAMN
      1:sleuth> i dont get it
      1:Golden_Aim> im laffin irl im so bad

Sweeper> .?ignore is for weaklings

Comment

I think that a streak module would be sorta cool to have in most arenas. Elims especially, since people tend to hunt the person with the best current streak
        Last edited by Izor; 04-14-2006, 06:14 AM.
        I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
        I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

What genes said but better:

At the start of every hour Baseelim starts. Everyone will know when it starts and noone has to wait in spec. Depending on howmuch ppl are playing the bot will set an amount of deaths (prolly 10 at most times). Downside is that noone will wait in spec to watch the game.
          This reduces the amount of games played but will increase the players per game. Belim games are way more fun in the big arene with allot of people playing.

Another thing is to change the game to 2 or more teams.

Comment

bring brack shrap!
            Originally Posted by HeavenSent
            You won't have to wait another 4 years.
            There wont be another election for president.
            Obama is the Omega President.
            http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Da1 got it!
              USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
              ---A few minutes later---
              9:cool koen> you scorereseted
              9:Kim> UM
              9:Kim> i didn't
              9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
              9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
              9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
              9:pascone> lol?

Comment

yessssssssssss

Seriously. bring it back. Spice things up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_
                  What genes said but better:

At the start of every hour Baseelim starts. Everyone will know when it starts and noone has to wait in spec. Depending on howmuch ppl are playing the bot will set an amount of deaths (prolly 10 at most times). Downside is that noone will wait in spec to watch the game.
                  This reduces the amount of games played but will increase the players per game. Belim games are way more fun in the big arene with allot of people playing.

Another thing is to change the game to 2 or more teams.
                  Baseelim should always remain an FFA.
                  ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                  Failure teaches success.
                  . â–²
                  ▲ ▲

Comment

I think, If baseelim had it's own website like tourny does..
                    It would make it more interesting.

We need to have it just Jav and Shark, this cloaker shit is getting annoying.
                    and old.

Alot of people are found in ?go Javs now, I use to come on at 2pm
                    and baseelim would be packed
                    I go in there now and theres no one in baseelim and like 30 in javs.

If we had sexy baseelim site, I bet that would do the trick.

I dunno, ill brainstorm on it.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                    1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                    1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                    ---
                    5:waven> freeze
                    5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                    5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                    5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                    5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                    5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                    5:Freeze> LOL
                    5:waven> that's how things work around here
                    --
                    1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Originally posted by genes

Or if you wanna get real radical:

Make baseelim only be able to start with 15 players (from prime times 12 PM est - 8 PM est.)

And 10 players to start (8 PM est through 11 AM est) <---this is where late night Americans are playing and early morning Euros are also playing (10 AM their time)

-genes
                      That's really dumb. I there are 11 people waitin in baseelim for 4 more ppl..most likely some will leave. then eventually it'll be dead again. There is no way in hell im goin got wait 10minutes for 4 people to show up so i could just play baselim where i could go ?go javs and play with 15people right away. Maybe if we change things in ?go javs so people stop likeing it they will go baseelim.
                      the price is right, bitch.

Comment

if shrap were brought back to ?go baseelim and ?go javs, and that absolutely useless and absurd bar warp and streak shit were taken away from ?go javs, both arenas would be perfect and everyone would want to play them

and i'd be very happy, too
                        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

yeah, even I enjoyed the casual baseelim game back in the day; there use to be a lot of people and more of an opportunity to get a ton of kills.

now, however, there are like 4 or 5 people. and those 4 or 5 people usually are hiding behind walls. so its boring. =/
                          RaCka> how can i get you here
                          death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                          RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                          death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Hero*
                            That's really dumb. I there are 11 people waitin in baseelim for 4 more ppl..most likely some will leave. then eventually it'll be dead again. There is no way in hell im goin got wait 10minutes for 4 people to show up so i could just play baselim where i could go ?go javs and play with 15people right away. Maybe if we change things in ?go javs so people stop likeing it they will go baseelim.
                            well I said before, things can be changed.....my ideas were very basic. Maybe watch tw population more carefully....EXAMPLE:

when tw has 500+ make it 20 + people get baseelim to start
                            when tw has 470+ make it 18+
                            when tw has 450+ make it 16+
                            etc, etc....

Also, you can spam chats for baseelim. No embarassment there. Hero you dont even play baseelim that much. Throw out some better ideas. I like the shrap coming back. And more advertisements for "Big games of baseelim". Also bring back Joe....let the people see some 34-5 recs

-genes

Comment

Working...
                            X