The Public Tribunal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Public Tribunal

So, basically i'm pissed that the public settings keep getting screwed up. Why would anyone think it's a good idea to give the lancaster level 1 bullets? Why would staff take x radar away from javs? Why would staff shrink the cloaker down and give it the ability to thrust and bullet the shit out of everyone? There's too many grievances to list at this point, and it's about time something is changed.

So here's the proposition, get a small group of established players (they do not need to be staff,) some hardcore pub players (ie: Talon and Daze,) maybe a couple staff members who have been around the block, and one upper staff member to make decisions about the fate of the public map. This way, it won't be up to uninvolved upper staff to make decisions about the pub that genuinely affect the game. These players could tackle the questions that constantly come up about ship settings, the map, holiday maps, et cetera and actually make an educated decision as opposed to a shot in the dark that the current oligarchy of high placed staff members are making.

The primary complaint I forsee in this thread is that a few players should not have complete control over the pub map. I agree, however I think it is a giant leap foward from the current position of the pub, where public opinion really means nothing. Major changes would not be made, it would be the minor changes to settings that pub players have already seen put into effect without prior warning or thought to the opinions of the players.

Personally I think it's time something is done, but I also don't think a forum thread will actually change anything, so while i'm here i'll ask those of you who support the concept to either post or ?message me your e-mail adress, so this could possibly become a TWPS topic. (Is there even TWPS anymore?)

Thanks, and let's try to keep conversation civil so this thread doesn't become a flaming bag of shit and can be taken with a semi-serious undertone.
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

I pub as much as anyone that actually knows what theyre talking about. Of course, rolling back to old settings is pretty much the only thing that I would look for so say goodbye to me
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Moot is working on a proposal for publics. I'm helping him edit some maps and he and I are also getting help from others.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
        Moot is working on a proposal for publics. I'm helping him edit some maps and he and I are also getting help from others.
        Sounds good. I think most of TW would like a new map or tweaked settings.

Comment

fact is, that no ship or map change in the past was making anything worse.

edit: except for giving the jav back xradar which was based on the public oppinion.
          Last edited by Fluffz; 05-08-2006, 03:56 PM.

Comment

That was just "old school" weekend... its not perminant.
            DELETED

Comment

Thats too much reading EZ
              AvenDragon> ur mom retires
              Hungery> which one?
              AvenDragon> both
              Hungery> bad i only hv 1
              AvenDragon> why did u ask which then O_O
              Hungery> i wanna c if ur smart
              AvenDragon> fuk u, u hv 2 moms because ur dad is a pu$$y
              Hungery> which one?
              AvenDragon> both
              Hungery> damn sry i only hv 1
              AvenDragon> u need to talk to ur mother cause ur wrong on that one
              AvenDragon> im ur daddy
              Hungery> but my dad is a pussy, so ur a pussy
              AvenDragon> damn
              AvenDragon> ok lets end this conversation

Comment

like dame said.. its just 'old school' weekend.. should be changed back soon

the lanc and lev have L1 bullets because they dont want to tweak the L2 bullets' setting. since the old L2 settings was pretty much the same as L1 bullets. so they just gave lanc/lev L1 bullets.
                1 + 1 = 1

Comment

I do believe we should keep the "old school" weasels though.
                  DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                    I do believe we should keep the "old school" weasels though.
                    I agree, tiny weasels are so annoying :P

Comment

she's a witch! burn her!
                      Originally posted by Diakka
                      Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Authority
                        I agree, tiny weasels are so annoying :P
                        the old skool weasels can actually help in base as well. The rep is very useful!
                        Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                        Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Working...
                        X