X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the players be.

I would like to say this as both a Staff Member and a TWL player,

Trench Wars Leagues as far back as I can remember has always had it's fair share of shit talking and bickering back and forth between squads, and personally I feel that this adds a level of fun and personality to this game that helps make it stay alive, without the fighting and arguing, if everyone got along and was nice and friendly this game wouldn't be alive, and you can basically count on that. Rivalry is a funny thing, it makes people want to try harder to beat one another, If I say someone sucks, that person generally tries harder to become better so they can prove me wrong. Lately though, this long lived system in Trench Wars has been getting shut down by Nethila. With the bannings before TWL games, and warnings about forum posts getting moved to "shit talk" im afraid that the fun of this entire TWL experience is going to be taken away. If someone spams a little before a TWL trying to get the last word, what difference is this to you, it doesn't really bother anyone and is not really a bannable offence. Now I am writing this basically to get this entire situation taken care of, I don't agree, or think that Nethila should be trying to control how players choose to have fun on this zone when they are breaking no rules. Can't we atleast discuss this? Most of the players think that he is being a tad overzealous in his quest to rid TWL of the shit talking before matches and on the forums. Nethila isn't the mass population of Trench Wars, he is just one player who happens to be a higher staffer who doesn't like the fact that we do it. I think it is abuse of power, I think it is ignorant to stop people from doing things that only bothers him for personal reasons, and I think that it should stop.

-- Wark <ER>
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

yeah, i think certain staffers need to loosen up a bit and just take the humor honestly. On an unrelated note, I give this thread about five more seconds before kolar hits f5 again
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Agreed, people play this game to have fun. Can't have fun when nerdy mods start bitching and moaning cause they don't like the way we have fun. Its rediculous
      1:Killer Soldier> rly's theory of terrorism
      1:rly_dumb> the terrorists play SS, they go to twcity and plot their courses work their way from the outside and the center is their targets
      1:rly_dumb> the reason that terrorists hate usa so much is because we own them so bad on SS they have to retaliate by doing such things as 9-11
      1:Killer Soldier> Omg whose the terrorist leader now 1:rly_dumb> not sure
      1:rly_dumb> j-b-inc is my first guess

Comment

Shit talking has no correlation to spamming whatsoever. As a matter of fact, generally speaking, people who have no dirt on another player usually resolves to spamming or talking in caps as if what they are saying would make a whole lot of difference now that it grabs your attention visually.

We do our best to breed the best trash talkers by banning the spammers. WE are doing YOU are a favor.
        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
        Failure teaches success.
        . â–²
        ▲ ▲

Comment

I understand what you are saying Kim, but banning people for 5 lines of "last word" before a blueout... We are trying to get people to watch these games not just ignore them because they could get banned without any good reason. Besides.. when was a mod able to just make a rule out of the blue and follow it? What if I decided one day I was going to ban everyone who I thought cheated or used lag manipulation? Bye cloth, Bye Israeli. I would get axed from staff very quickly mind you. Why is it any different because it is Nethila, why isn't this rule posted under the TWL rules? After thinking of it in this sense, does it not seem like abuse to you, even if you think that he is doing it for a good reason?
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

wark you arent good at this game i beat you in tourny 5-4 gg newbie slut
            1:pascone> bike u gonna fold like a shirt in twl?

jack> (6")-o KIRBY punches you two sillys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgVYGbIUepQ

Comment

Originally posted by bicycle
              wark you arent good at this game i beat you in tourny 5-4 gg newbie slut
              Irrelevant...keep on subject fool
              1:Killer Soldier> rly's theory of terrorism
              1:rly_dumb> the terrorists play SS, they go to twcity and plot their courses work their way from the outside and the center is their targets
              1:rly_dumb> the reason that terrorists hate usa so much is because we own them so bad on SS they have to retaliate by doing such things as 9-11
              1:Killer Soldier> Omg whose the terrorist leader now 1:rly_dumb> not sure
              1:rly_dumb> j-b-inc is my first guess

Comment

I agree with wark, since the people who play this game are usually silly to begin with. Let them have their fun if they want to, why restrain anybody? Damn, this isn't a government board of directors!
                1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                1:Cower> Sword
                1:Kthx> ok
                1:Cower> Axe
                1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                1:Cower> ?
                1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

The reason for the spamming rule was never meant to cut down on the shit talking but to remove it so the logs we get at the end are not 2000 lines long. There are other reasons and you can find them by looking it up on here but none of them are an attempt to change the culture of the game. As for the forum, the comic is getting old, feel free to post it in UC or Trash Talk. I'm sure if something more creative and entertaining were produced it would be allowed.

I don't know if the rule is still in effect and I'll agree with you on that point, if the rule is going to be enforced it must stick throughout the TWL season and be explicitly communicated to all memebers of staff and all players through the documentation. That said Pure_Luck, Rudy and the rest are the final authority so they can make any rule they want for the zone... but it should be more clear.

Edit: Keep the discussion clean kids, move along to your chats for trashing Neth.
                  Last edited by Kolar; 05-30-2006, 12:09 AM.

Comment

I agree with wark to, fuck you nethila.
                    You can kiss my shiny metal ass.
                    3:Amputate> ok why the hell is everett in my afk arena again
                    3:Amputate> wtf is this
                    3:Amputate> fukin sharing this arena with him
                    3:PhizeY> LOL
                    3:PhizeY> GONNA AFK HEERE MORE OFTEN

Comment

Kolar do you ever not respond with at least 2 paragraphs of repetitiveness? And really if the comics aren't allowed in the TWL section then why is anything?????????????????????? They're 100% twl related and even if they aren't as funny as the first couple they are still decent and someone put enough time and effort (probably maximum 2 minutes) into them so you might as well let them be in the TWl section. That is some elite repetitiveness right htere, almost as good as kolar's.
                      1:pascone> bike u gonna fold like a shirt in twl?

jack> (6")-o KIRBY punches you two sillys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgVYGbIUepQ

Comment

Originally posted by bicycle
                        Kolar do you ever not respond with at least 2 paragraphs of repetitiveness? And really if the comics aren't allowed in the TWL section then why is anything?????????????????????? They're 100% twl related and even if they aren't as funny as the first couple they are still decent and someone put enough time and effort (probably maximum 2 minutes) into them so you might as well let them be in the TWl section. That is some elite repetitiveness right htere, almost as good as kolar's.
                        I don't consider my writing to be repetitive. I strive for clarity and precision, it cuts down on the number of replying posts. I feel that they're getting old no matter who makes them or how much work is put in, I didn't find any of the first ones attacking QS all that good either. It's time to put it away in my opinion.

Comment

I don't think you got the umm.. concept of my post Kolar. I wasn't saying it should be a rule that expands to every staffer and twl arena in Trench Wars, im saying that IT ISN'T A TWL RULE so how is it enforced? As for the comics, I will keep doing them, as they are TWL related, and moving them will get you axed, I believe when you became a forum mod the one who recruited you told you that you are not to be a forum nazi. Therefore, as the cartoons are not illegal, they will not be moved. Just because you and 3 other people are tired of the cartoons that are TWL related does not automatically give you permission to move and change them to your likings. You are another person along with Nethila who needs to take a step back and realize that you are not the only person on this zone who has a say in the events and happenings of this zone. The majority and rules side with things like the cartoons staying, and I couldn't agree more with their decisions.

- Warky Wark
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by wark <ER>
                            I don't think you got the umm.. concept of my post Kolar. I wasn't saying it should be a rule that expands to every staffer and twl arena in Trench Wars, im saying that IT ISN'T A TWL RULE so how is it enforced? As for the comics, I will keep doing them, as they are TWL related, and moving them will get you axed, I believe when you became a forum mod the one who recruited you told you that you are not to be a forum nazi. Therefore, as the cartoons are not illegal, they will not be moved. Just because you and 3 other people are tired of the cartoons that are TWL related does not automatically give you permission to move and change them to your likings. You are another person along with Nethila who needs to take a step back and realize that you are not the only person on this zone who has a say in the events and happenings of this zone. The majority and rules side with things like the cartoons staying, and I couldn't agree more with their decisions.

- Warky Wark
                            It is a rule in that it was approved by upper staff and enforced by TWL Hosts. This rule isn't documented well enough though. I wouldn't be allowed to move anything in the TWL sub forum because I was only given permission to watch over this sub forum. I sure as hell don't know who or what keeps you in TW Staff but I can tell you now short of me abusing like hell or cheating (and getting caught) I won't get axed from staff, I can't say the same for you or any other staffer so lets drop the "I'll get you axed!!!1" routine. Nethila and Pure_Luck are free to do whatever they wish in their forum. I am only giving my opinion and assessment of this situation, I have no final say in this so if you're gonna talk to me here then stick to the issue. Otherwise talk to Nethila. Regardless of what the majority thinks or what your interpretation of the rules may be, Nethila and Pure_Luck have the 'final word' as you and Izor put it on this matter.
                            Last edited by Kolar; 05-30-2006, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Ahhh taking the high road, I will do the same. I was talking about forum axing btw not on game.

But anyways, I talked to Rudy about this recently, and he doesn't really know much about it to be honest with you, and I would think that a big decision such as banning players for things like this would be something that would be brought up to all higher staff members...
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                              X