No announcement yet.

bug needs fixing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only reason he saw 7 mines and you saw only 1 is because of lag. On your screen others passed very close to the mines and set them off, but on his screen they were still alive. So you were able to keep laying them as he didn't see anything. Only way to fix this would be to have the server keep track of the mines instead of your computer, but that would make the game 10x more laggy. It's just like shooting a bullet. When you see someone eat it, they don't see it hit them, but you do.
    Trench Wars Moderator

TWDT-B Season 3 Champion: WOOT

6:Centurion <ZH>> afk embalming babies
    3:royce> i wish i knew how to penetrate
    1:Markmrw> i feel like i need a dick all of a sudden
    1:Markmrw> fuck wrong chat!
    1:Markmrw> :O
    1:RaCka> ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Jacklyn
      lol you have to use .38 for TW anyway..it's going to be fixed tommorrow KEKE
      As in you're changing it to force ppl to use 0.38 or 0.39 pr1?
      Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
      -Buddha

Comment

So how did this bug work as its now been fixed, using the weasel pixel thingy?
        Makelele> whos camping
        Sumpson> mitch
        KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
        Lemar> mitch
        Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

Comment

Originally posted by Jacklyn
          lol you have to use .38 for TW anyway
          Nope. I've been using .39 pr1 for months.
          Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

its a safe thing
            >^________^<!

Comment

Tell me
              Makelele> whos camping
              Sumpson> mitch
              KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
              Lemar> mitch
              Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

Comment

This bug is not just about about lag, its about mines being layed when you are not in the areana, if u exit areana and come back you can go straight though them.
                Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

I discovered this a long time ago, but I didn't think it capped at the team limit.

It involves lag and I don't know if there's a way to fix it, or that it should be classified as a "bug." It's closer to a side effect of lag.

Maybe it's a bad idea to post how to do it, because people suck. Feel free to edit this out.

It involves abuse of the function of safe zones, and can be done in any arena with a safe. A safe will "clear" your outstanding mines and bullets, but if you're in the safe zone for a short enough time, then the clearing will only register for your own client, therefore giving you a full supply of four (or one if lev) mines to work with. Though you are unable to see your own previous mines, they'll still show up on others' screens. (EDIT: took out details on best/most common ways to do it)

Hope this helps, and hope it can be fixed.
                  Last edited by Ignominy; 06-11-2006, 08:26 AM.
                  afksry

Comment

Its already fixed just waiting to be uploaded
                    >^________^<!

Comment

Great, I might've done it before I got .39, I really can't remember.
                      afksry

Comment

NOOOO dont fix it!!!!! i wonna do it!!!! and I wonna know what you changeeed!! please tell me
                        help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

LOL just removed 1 tile safes..btw you guys like the ear holes?

GO LT GO!
                          >^________^<!

Comment

Oh we noticed instantly and have already taken advantage.
                            afksry

Comment

there is at least 3 other ways to manage this bug without safe. actually adding the one safe tile didnt change shit in the safes, you can still touch the corner of it or something and with a terr+levi/shark u got no problem doing that at all. and yah guess the onyl way to fix it is let the server check it, but thats utopic

Comment

Working...
                              X