Beta Testers Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta Testers Needed

I've had a go at putting the new installer together, i've tested it as far as possible but i need some people to help me test. It can be downloaded here.

-removed- while i fix all the problems

ENSURE YOU HAVE A FULL BACKUP OF CONTINUUM AND YOUR REGISTRY

It shouldnt break anything, but i have only tested it on my computers so i cant promise it wont break your computer!

The Installer was created with inno setup (use http://innounp.sourceforge.net/ to view the sources) the install script source is here http://flabby.tv/subspace/install_script.txt

Features of this installer:

- Comes with d1st0rts Starburst skin preloaded
    - Custom Splash screen (this is crap, i have zero artistic skill i just lifted it off the skin, if someone has a better version link me up!)
    - Automatic Profile Setup for new players (auto creates a name)
    - Quickstart guide
    - Includes Continuum 0.39pre1 and Continuum 0.38
    - zone.dat preloaded with ALL SSC zones
    - only 5mb (smaller than current installer + 0.39pre1 download)

Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Doc Flabby; 06-13-2006, 11:53 AM.
    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

I entered a user name and pass on the first install but it did not show on Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
      I entered a user name and pass on the first install but it did not show on Continuum
      Has any new username appeared in continuum?

The username that appears in continuum should be appended with a random number of didit (to ensure the name is not already taken - the idea is they click play and it works)
      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

-If possible can you add in the setup the feature of not adding a startup menu folder?
        -I accidentally clicked on the 'it's my first time playing' button, can you have a cancel/back button for after that?
        -I added a username/password, but it doesn't display on profile.
        -After the opening of Continuum, I noticed the Setup hasn't fully exited. And I have to exit Continuum to get rid of it.

Things I liked:
        -The default skin
        -The quick guide
        -it had the pr1

And if it has all SSC zones, why is SSCB Devastation missing? It's one of the older zones with high pop during late hours.
        Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
        -Buddha

Comment

Working...
        X