TWDev Reform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDev Reform

TWDev is reogranizing, getting productive again, and looking for new members.

If you have are good with lvz, lvl, Java, php, and/or MySQL and want to help, send me a forum PM with a simple resume.

I'm also looking for a nice big project that TWDev can work on, if you have any suggestions (need to be detailed) send them to me too

Thanks,
    Ikrit
    Ban Ikrit

Well I am not good really with that stuff but if you need help with anything else I would be glad to. ^.^
    1:Blasphemy> if ur gonna put a jav in line
    1:Blasphemy> we gotta have people like eelam and kian in
    1:Blasphemy> from the beginning

1:exquisite> u know whats wierd
    1:exquisite> having ur dad talk to u on AIM
    1:exquisite> like zzzzz
    1:Ease> you think thats wierd?
    1:exquisite> ya
    1:Ease> try skipping school
    1:Ease> and having ur mom IM you
    1:Kian> LOL EASE
    1:Collusion> LOOL
    1:exquisite> LOL

Comment

i know alot about lvz and map making (with facts and stuff), mayb i can help?

Comment

ikrit, you know i'll always be there for you! :wub:
        6:Screamo> this sub is making my leg twitch
        6:LMAO> subway is kinda shady nowdays
        6:Screamo> err
        6:Screamo> subwoofer*

1:Krazie <ER>> crap
        1:Krazie <ER>> i get one less hour of sleep
        1:Krazie <ER>> freaking DST
        1:bioture> at least my car clock will finally be correct

(ignite)>There is a new currency on the market, the IGNITE

Comment

well, i'll post my idea here instead of in twdev forum cuz more can comment on the idea:

why not have a big project with bots and all, where you 'design' your own ship, I saw someoen talking today about that on ssforum-chat and I think it's good idea, so you choose your ship (wb, jav,...) you start with a start capital, like 500 points, and you start to tweak your ship,... kill and get more points, but not to much points so it takes awhile before you can upgrade your ship.. you can also do this with lvl, like WoW or final fantasy you start in lvl3 and when you kill # ammount of people you go to the next level, and so you get more energy, thrust, mines,.... when your like Lvl50 you have like an ubber strong ship with 9, million thors... and you can also ?buy stuff and w/e please comment
          help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

A big project could be porting the bots to .NET 2005. You can get .Net 2005 Standard Edition for free if you watch like 2 or 3 webcasts or something. Then I would actually help program.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikrit
              I'm also looking for a nice big project that TWDev can work on, if you have any suggestions (need to be detailed) send them to me too

Thanks,
              Ikrit

Ikrit, take a look at my purposal event idea in TWDev forum, i'd love your thoughts on it.
              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

I didn't have any experience in Java when I joined, but it only took a few days to get a handle of it. What's the big deal? There's really no need to do a rewrite of the core (and all the bots).
                Last edited by Stultus; 07-10-2006, 07:09 PM.
                FREE MANDELA

Comment

Where is the twdev website and why does www.twdev.org not work?
                  thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Edify
                    Where is the twdev website and why does www.twdev.org not work?
                    Someone didn't pay and I htink www.trenchwars.org/twdev works too but it's not 100% updated...
                    help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

Comment

Originally posted by duel pasta
                      why not have a big project with bots and all, where you 'design' your own ship, I saw someoen talking today about that on ssforum-chat and I think it's good idea, so you choose your ship (wb, jav,...) you start with a start capital, like 500 points, and you start to tweak your ship,... kill and get more points, but not to much points so it takes awhile before you can upgrade your ship.. you can also do this with lvl, like WoW or final fantasy you start in lvl3 and when you kill # ammount of people you go to the next level, and so you get more energy, thrust, mines,.... when your like Lvl50 you have like an ubber strong ship with 9, million thors... and you can also ?buy stuff and w/e please comment
                      Sick Idea.. Im all for an arena like this!! makes it a tad more like SVS though...
                      Bounty <ZH> - I just went from 3 to 39 bounty in one shot
                      Dr. Snyder - Why'd you attack the world trade center?

DaKo is out. 0 wins 10 losses

Comment

Everyone please shut up, this thread makes telcat look smart. Just trust me that as someone who would know and who is mostly unbiased, Java is probably the best (or if not THE best, extremely close) choice for this situation.

I really don't feel like going in and dissecting all of your posts , so don't make me.
                        USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

This was about twdev reform, not another bot core! if you want to discus the bot core, make another topic! Now, please COMMENT on my idea!

Comment

In the past 3 to four years I've found bot trouble in TWL highly irritating over a dozen times. Many of these times the trouble was caused by some silly thing, such as dropping an SQL connection, which results in the whole bot population crashing.
                            6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                            3 league vet

Comment

Hey guys, please keep this thread on topic. I'm not splitting it again, I'll just start handing out nasty things. If you want to discuss bot core, please post in the http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=25915 , thanks!
                              DoCk>> im king of tw, i grant all twers permission to fornicate
                              DoCk>> there's sucking up going on? i want in on it too :P

Comment

Working...
                              X