Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

getsubspace.com poster competition (small cash prize)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt that showing screenies of the actual game would pull away the desire to play the game (2D looks rather revolting compared to high end games these days). It's when people actually go in and shoot a few bullets and get the hold of the gameplay that counts.

Please tell me what you think!

EDIT: Gave Jean to Jean-Phillipe, so just changed watermark to Send. Feel free to take it out.
    Last edited by Send; 08-14-2006, 03:16 PM.

Comment

continuum got a 9.5/10 on gamespot?
      Originally posted by turmio
      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
      Originally posted by grand
      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

nice poster send (my favorite one so far) , one change which could improve it is to make the link a tiny bit more noticeable (since it's partly over the lanc we only really notice the link after having looked at everything else on the poster) one way could be to shift that chunk south by 20-45 pixels

another improvement could be to modify the text on the top 2 lines of the poster, since they seem a little squished

Edit: also i think it is important to mention that it is free

Edit: i just noticed that half of the word "action" is also overlapped on the lanc, so it is kinda hard to read. maybe if you outline the word in white in whatever program you're using it'll help increase the contrast between the word and the lanc. either that or maybe changing the font color to a more grayish one could work
        Last edited by Zingy; 08-09-2006, 03:56 AM.
        CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

I don't wish to favourise, but http://getcontinuum.com/ is tight.

edit. would be cool if SS would be like blitz1941, or something like it.
          Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

this competetion is mine!

Displaced> I get pussy every day
            Displaced> I'm rich
            Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
            Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
            Thors> prolly
            Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Originally posted by Zingy
              nice poster send (my favorite one so far) , one change which could improve it is to make the link a tiny bit more noticeable (since it's partly over the lanc we only really notice the link after having looked at everything else on the poster) one way could be to shift that chunk south by 20-45 pixels

another improvement could be to modify the text on the top 2 lines of the poster, since they seem a little squished

Edit: also i think it is important to mention that it is free

Edit: i just noticed that half of the word "action" is also overlapped on the lanc, so it is kinda hard to read. maybe if you outline the word in white in whatever program you're using it'll help increase the contrast between the word and the lanc. either that or maybe changing the font color to a more grayish one could work
              http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/co...ml?q=continuum

edit:bla
              Last edited by Send; 08-09-2006, 01:41 PM.

Comment

UPDATE
                I've saved all the current posters submited.

http://getsubspace.com has finally (im so lazy) been updated to redirect to getcontinuum as i really like the new get continuum site.

A total of 396 downloads were made during the time it was getsubspace.com. So i consider it to have been a success, however i think the getcontinuum site is a much more professional looking site and will get a better conversion rate for that reason i am now redirecting getsubspace.com to getcontinuum.com. My installer is still advailable if u like it more than the official one use this link http://getsubspace.com/download

Compitition still carries on getsubspace.com and getcontinuum urls are both accepteable. Its just down to personal taste
                Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby
                  UPDATE
                  I've saved all the current posters submited.

http://getsubspace.com has finally (im so lazy) been updated to redirect to getcontinuum as i really like the new get continuum site.

A total of 396 downloads were made during the time it was getsubspace.com. So i consider it to have been a success, however i think the getcontinuum site is a much more professional looking site and will get a better conversion rate for that reason i am now redirecting getsubspace.com to getcontinuum.com. My installer is still advailable if u like it more than the official one use this link http://getsubspace.com/download

Compitition still carries on getsubspace.com and getcontinuum urls are both accepteable. Its just down to personal taste
                  Last edited by Send; 08-09-2006, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Send's is nice, but it should also include stuff from in the game as these sexy 3d ships can be misleading

Comment

Originally posted by Protoman.exe
                      Send's is nice, but it should also include stuff from in the game as these sexy 3d ships can be misleading
                      Misleading in a good way

If they saw the 2D ships they'd probably laugh at the game and not even try it.

Comment

A4 is normal paper size in the uk. i'll have to adust size for most of the entries for printer margins anways as well most printers/photocopiers cant print to the edge of sheets. Basically im just going to stick them up everywhere

Kitty> true

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby
                          A4 is normal paper size in the uk. i'll have to adust size for most of the entries for printer margins anways as well most printers/photocopiers cant print to the edge of sheets

Changed my poster a bit, hope it looks better now.
                          Last edited by Send; 08-09-2006, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Send
                            So its all good for my size?
                            Yes its fine.

Kitty> true

Comment

rofl @ displaced! really made me lol

and yeah sends poster ftw!
                              help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

hey im still making another one :fear:

Comment

Working...
                                X